GTX 960 Feedback / Curiosity

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys ,

just out of curiosity , can someone in here confirm me that he has a GTX 960 and he can play multiplayer for more than 30 min ?

I'd really like to know the culprit of my crashes and if someone can share his experience with that videocard , it will be really helpful !

Thanks.

Cheers.

Windows 10  , Intel QuadCore Q9300 , RAM 4 GB .

Basically the game freezes after 10-20 min in EVERY multiplayer battle . Only way to resume is to turn off the PC . So I don't even get a crash report to see what happened .

The only thing I can think of that may cause it is my very old HDD . I'll try change it and see what happens . I put the blame first on the videocard because it worked perfectly just until the moment i changed the card . Guess I was wrong .

Reinstalled it twice , checked files integrity etc . It's the only game that crashes , and it's basically unplayable for me for months now . Quite a mystery really .

Download HDTune and check your HDD for error sectors (Uncheck the "quick scan"!) it will take like 30m-100m, depending on your HDD. After the scan, look to "Health" tab and give me know, if yu have others statuses than "OK".
Only thing that can cause such crashes can be your HDD.

Ye I used CrystalDiskInfo , and I have like 200 Read Errors , 199 Reallocated Sectors , and it says it's 'At Risk' , so I imagine it's pretty bad haha .

But what I don't understand , is if the HDD is bad shouldn't all the games be affected ? Only Warband seem to suffer the most , which I find quite strange.

I found out that playing warband with bad HDD is not optimal... (BSODs and etc.) I am not surewhy it does not affect other games. Try to change your HDD and then test it.

Back
Top Bottom