Search results for query: *

1. Lily-Livered River Pirate

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Lumos said:
    argon45 said:
    Voice acting is good but I hope there will not a voice acting for player. Silent main character is the best thing for RPG I think.
    Sorry, but I can't agree with that. Sure, sure, the "projection" argument, the fact that having your character also speak delays the dialogues, and the massive load of additional lines to be recorded are all factors, but I still prefer to hear my character speaking. Especially in cutscenes (though will Bannerlord feature any?), otherwise it's just awkward.
    Look at the Witcher series, and Deus Ex. The main characters' voices absolutely enhance the whole experience.
    Though if I recall the Bannerlord video correctly, they seem to be going with an Oblivion/Skyrim/lots of others approach towards dialogues, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. (Just not perfect, in my opinion.)

Consider that 90% of all voice acting will be UTTERLY ATROCIOUS.

It's bad enough that the people of this fantasy world sound like idiots. It's worse yet when it's you. Text at least allows one to read in their own voice, to picture something not quite so ****ing terrible.
  2. Lily-Livered River Pirate

Complaint about AI of archer units

AI archers can only hit a diagonally moving character by missing.
  3. Lily-Livered River Pirate

Vraelomon said:
    It would also be most cooleth if you could eat at a feast instead of everyone just standing there looking at each other.

And why do you think this is? Is it a budget thing? Is it a matter of allocating precious development time to things that matter more?

WRONG

It's because a bunch of people standing around uncomfortably is WHAT EVERY PARTY IS TO COMPUTER NERDS.
  4. Lily-Livered River Pirate

Do you like party member squabbles?

Lily-Livered River Pirate said:
    "I think he's a sorceror!"

"I have brought you out of the darkness and given you wealth beyond measure. Our names are dreaded from the shores of the Nords to the Khergit steppes. We have scattered bandits and raiders, routed armies and set lords to thier knees. Nevertheless the sum of that which has been achieved by us all could not have been attained without you both. If I have earned your trust then what faith you have in me you must have in him,

for I have chosen him as I have chosen you."

Is what I'd like to answer - surely a man that goes on to unite these fractured lands ought to have the commanding presence to reconcile two peasants.
  5. Lily-Livered River Pirate

creuzet said:
    the cows spawning in battle

BRILLIANT
  6. Lily-Livered River Pirate

Is there a way to fix the stabbing?

Regarding AI, this FINE MAN is working on fixing all the horrors we've undergone for the past decade, this quote is relevant to stabbing:

Gravskrift said:
    Tiberius said:
    Would it be possible to make it so the AI will stop and change direction if certain conditions are met? Actually, it'd be only 1 condition, using a spear.
    What I'm saying is, if you could mod the AI movement to prevent it from trying to "hug" you all the time, it would make polearms useful when bots use it.

Besides that, which I think it's one of warband's biggest issues regarding AI, this looks really awesome. Keep up the good work!

Sure, that would be possible. It would be an extension of the backpedaling that bots currently do.

Check it out here. Hopefully it'll soon be integrated in the major mods. They can't quite stab any better than Native AI of yet but at least they can block, feint and avoid kicks.
  7. Lily-Livered River Pirate

Why i was muted on forum?? also suggestion for new tuornament

I for one applaud this idea. Taleworlds, why don't you go and give the people what they want? That you'd keep Bannerlord all to yourself despite it being finished since the 23rd of September 2012 is one thing, but not implementing Corsair's Tournament Suggestion™ into Warband when it would COST YOU NOTHING TO DO SO and is A HUGELY DEMANDED FEATURE sickens me to my very core.

You make me sick in my core.

Yours very unhappily, Bjorn
  8. Lily-Livered River Pirate

Lily-Livered River Pirate said:

Hey, why don't I just quote myself here. Good music.
  9. Lily-Livered River Pirate

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 9 - Ethnic Instruments

While we're at it

Forward
    Along the Shore
    Stien Klarnar
    Eastern
    Winter

I enjoyed the early sketches more than the final results - Aserai excepted - the issue with 'epic' is how quickly it outstays its welcome, and how seldom it suits its context. One has to remember that people will sink countless hours into this game, and though there's certainly room for dramatic music - in battle specifically - I feel more can be achieved with tracks that allow one to sink into some sort of a trance (a beat, a rhythm accompanying one's actions - Hotline Miami's soundtrack is a great example of this in a completely different style) than with bombastic battle music imposing itself where unnecessary (picture yourself riding down looters to this) heard again and again if the battle frequency of Warband is anything to go by.

This being said I'm definitely looking forward to more, thanks for the blog!
  10. Lily-Livered River Pirate

AI combat improvements

Hey buddy, he just released it! It's come a long way since I first tried it out a year or so ago, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Doghotel's Brainy Bots

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,322504.0.html
  11. Lily-Livered River Pirate

Suggested mods for first-time player.

Polished Landscapes - originally designed for Mount & Blade (precursor to Warband) - still looks better than what's been shown of Bannerlord. All you'll ever need.

(Changes no gameplay mechanics, only makes the landscapes look less like vomit)
  12. Lily-Livered River Pirate

AI combat improvements

Grav Skrift(?), an Australian player made such a script that works in single player - with no noticeable lag with a couple hundred bots fighting at once. Its drawbacks are that they do block every attack but from what I understand it would be possible to tie the block chance to weapon proficiency, level or whatever else. They're not unbeatable - there's three ways one can beat them: kick, outrange and outswing - either baiting them into releasing their swing too early or successfully double swinging them.

It works pretty well, and I've had a fun single player campaign using it - another glaring issue however is one of awareness - it seems that bots only ever reassess the next target or threat every ten seconds or so, meaning it's still incredibly easy to backstab a whole bunch of them at once. Oh, being mobbed by them is actually MORE interesting with this script because they'll be blocking a lot more rather than stabbing and swinging their way through one another's corpses.

If anyone would pick up where this guy left off I would GLADLY trade 300 man battles for smaller ones, if it meant that each bot were both capable and interesting to fight.
  13. Lily-Livered River Pirate

Dont you love the waffle the bannerlord blogs put out?

nachal said:
    Dont you love the waffle... a load of sugar coated waffle... with 99 per cent sheer waffle....

There sure is a bunch of waffle going on around here
  14. Lily-Livered River Pirate

Bannerlord Complaint Predictions

"They ruined the 1 hand left to right swing" Your turn. [you earn ONE GENUINE POINT every time your complaint is made on the forum or in game once it is released, one complaint prediction per participant]
  15. Lily-Livered River Pirate

That annoying moment when...

Poem of Maeror said:
    When bunch of naked men gangbanged me... yet I joined them and gangbanged the others.

Teeheheehee

We said annoying, not THOROUGHLY AROUSING. I have reported your post for misconduct.
  16. Lily-Livered River Pirate

People still play online?

Vikingr still hosts weekly shieldwall events as far as I understand it - never been my thing though.

Incidentally Vikingr is the only mod I've ever played in which player formations serve a genuine purpose.

HmGSV.png

:grin:
  17. Lily-Livered River Pirate

Singleplayer has absolutely no effort from the development team

Orion said:
    To OP's credit,
    You are FORCED to walk back or instantly die, there is no way to fight more than one AI enemy without walking back the entire time, they never stop chasing you unless they see a new enemy, it's just terrible. Instead of enemies crowding around you in a realistic manner or being able to slowly go hand and hand with your enemy AI, the game forces them to be completely suicidal and march single file in a line into you, spamming attack and hitting you through eachother.
    This is 100% true and also my biggest complaint about the AI. It makes fighting on foot so much more difficult than fighting on horseback that I don't even try dismounted characters anymore.

Yes.

And to those who would invoke realism: there is nothing realistic about a crazed mob forming a file and perpetually slashing and stabbing through one another in the hope of hitting you. Which they inevitably will when said slash or stab passes directly through the corpse of the bot in the lead.

Fighting off ten bots is a bore but would be far less so if they possessed only a hint of human behaviour: self preservation for one; must all soldiers regardless of rank, level or weapon proficiency consistently fall for a single feint? Is it absolutely necessary that they spam attacks until either you or they die? Yes, this situation can be a challenge - but one that is both unrealistic and unenjoyable. Where the same situation in multiplayer allows for some of the richest and most fulfilling gaming experiences I've ever had, in single player it's nothing but a chore - one leaving me empty in victory and frustrated in defeat.

Mount & Blade Warband possesses the very best medieval combat mechanics available. It also possesses AI that cannot make use of them in the slightest. Beyond modding potential, an AI with both the capacity to present a challenge and the will to live is what I hope for most from Bannerlord.
  18. Lily-Livered River Pirate

Sui Generis

Moose! said:

Why Moose! you might well be the very worst person on Earth! At least don't say it like you're enjoying it. 'NDA' I mean, not the game. Are you enjoying the game though?
  19. Lily-Livered River Pirate

Sui Generis

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
    By careful positioning, I found that it includes charging into the enemy during their mid swing if you can't bring your guard up fast enough. You'll just bump into their swinging hand and they'll lose all momentum and do no damage. :lol:

Bahah, that was one of my favourite moves in Vikingr.

Have you played the beta? Has anybody here? Can you tell us how it compares to Warband?
  20. Lily-Livered River Pirate

multiplayer kicked from server

Hey! When/if/if applicable you buy a legitimate Warband CD key you ought to know you can wear that helmet in the mod to which the link is below. I wish you well!
Back
Top Bottom