Search results for query: *

1. Gaius Julius

Importing SMD problem

I did it again and it´s working now. Don´t know what went wrong before.
    Thanks for your tips Swyter.
  2. Gaius Julius

Importing SMD problem

Hi, I´ve run into a problem and hope you could give some help. I´ve modeled an armor in 3ds max and rigged it to the warband human skeleton. Then I exported the object as SMD. When I now try to import it into openbrf it crashes. I´ve done the same procedure earlier with another object and...
  3. Gaius Julius

Imperium Romanum (Brytenwalda Submod)OLDTHREAD

Greetings,

I have been working on a little projekt for a while now and I would like to hear some opinions.
    Its my first ever modeling&texturing work, so don´t judge to hard.
    It´s still wip, texture not finished yet.

openbrf2011082712254622.png

openbrf2011082712260306.png

openbrf2011082712255838.png
  4. Gaius Julius

Official 3D art thread - Warband

This is my first post in 3D art thread, so first of all I want to say hello to everybody!

I just started to try some moddeling and I´d like to know some opinions on my work.
    This is my very first model I ever made, exept from playing arround with the editor.

I tried to do a roman cuirass. Here is the picture I used as reference.
    scaled.php

And here the model. It´s still wip, details are missing and it´s not textured.

Front:
    scaled.php

scaled.php

Back:
    scaled.php
    What do you think?
  5. Gaius Julius

+++ Important Announcement on 268 B.C. +++

Hi Taal

First I would like to say thank you for this answer. Only to get sure, you´re a member of 268bc development team, right?
    There are a lot of people eagerly awaiting to play this mod and they are worried that focus goes to much on submods, instead of finishing the main thing. So thank you for explaining things, but there are still some points i don`t understand.

Taal said:
    Firstly it is important to realise how big the task of creating this mod is. It is not merely a add-on to the original game but a total conversion.

This mod is surely one of the biggest. But not the only total conversion in this comunity.

Taal said:
    So let's look at why we want to tackle this in smaller, minor beta mods. Instead of taking on the task above, lets focus on one faction, say Scythia Minor. We set up the scenes, we fill in the NPC's, we do the fluff, we add the weapons and Armour, and we throw in some spawn points for the surrounding nations. In this smaller environment we can acutely focus on the balance, and the interaction between the parties. We can set up region specific quests, fill in the scripts and make this region come alive. Finally, and here is the important bit,  we can focus on making this region fun! Move on to the next region, the next faction, and make that fun. It is an exercise in starting small and expanding slowly.

I fully understand your approach on this, and I see other mods going the same route. But, I don´t see how C3rdC can help you this way, because it´s factions don´t appear in the main mod. There are different units in this timeframe, wich are not used for the main mod. Instead, to fit the timeframe, there has to be made a lot of new equipment, new units, new characters and even new scenes are being worked on. All out of the main mods timeframe. The concern is, that main mod´s development is paused to work on sub mod or at least many resources are pulled away from it.

Another concern is that Ealabor seems to be working on scenes for 3rd century (wich look fantastic), instead of focusing on the things you pointed out. I don´t know what is going on behind the scenes, but I guess I speak for many fans here, if I say that we would not mind to have scene updates later, but a playable version soon.

I want to say, that this is in no way meant as an offense against Ealabor or the team! But there are many fans of your work, waiting years for a release, disapionted because there is little progress shown on this forum (I´am sure there has been done a lot of work, just show us a bit more of it).

I know that you do this for your enjoiment and you owe nothing to anybody, but you have a lot of fans, just don´t disapoint them!

Greetings
  6. Gaius Julius

Polatucos said:
    when will you release imperium romanum for the new version of Brytenwalda?
    cause i have the 1.34 brytenwalda..and i cant play imperium romanum,i was really looking forward to play it!!
    it gives me rgl error unable to open file face_gen...something..then someone told me i couldnt play it because it wasnt compatible :cry:
    i even register as a forum user only to play this submod.

You can play the current version with Brytenwalda 1.32. Just install both versions.
    If you have patch 1.143 you may get problems or not don´t know. But it´s worth a try.
  7. Gaius Julius

Will the next version bring back factions of 43BC? And will their troop trees be celtic again?

I´am sure you have already seen this! Just to get sure:http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,179179.0.html
    Eagerly awaiting next version. Your big fan!
  8. Gaius Julius

Cannot Retreat After Death?

I don´t want to deactivate battle continuation! I always find it annoying when your are winning a battle and then lose it by beeing knocked out.
    With the new tripping feature its difficult to survive battle and even if you stay out of battle you can be hit by ranged weapon, that you don´t see coming.
    I´ve played lots of mods with this feature and never had such a problem before. Just let the own troops charge when player is knocked down, wasn´t it like that in 1.32?
    And if that doesn´t work leaving the battle should be possible, even if you lose then, so you don´t have to restart the entire game.
  9. Gaius Julius

BUG Reports v 1.34

I tried to hunt some deer recently but was a little surprised when I realised that they are invulnerable :lol:
    Everytime I hit one there is speed bonus shown but no damage. I did not try ranged weapons, don´t know if they work.
  10. Gaius Julius

Cannot Retreat After Death?

Problem is when both sides don´t attack battle never ends! And you can´t leave nor reload or exit so the only thing I could do when it happend to me was hit STRG+ALT+ENTF and terminate process.
  11. Gaius Julius

Feature Walk Backwards discussion and fix for who dont wish this feature.

DerHerbst said:
    [size=14pt]EVERYBODY COOL OUT!!!

Actualy you are the only one shouting around! There is already a way to deactivate it, so nothing to demand!

To the topic. I guess most people here miss the point. Ofcourse you can walk fast or run backward on flat terrain but in the game you could run backwards as fast as forward and that all across the map uphill and downhill and through trees and bushes. Nobody can honestly say this is realistic.
    So, the feature ruined gameplay. Thats not acceceptible and needs adjustment, I would suggest to decrease backwalk speed rather than falling randomly. In combat you would step back slowly step by step, instead of sprinting as fast as forward.
  12. Gaius Julius

BRYTENWALDA 1.34: RELEASE. DOWNLOAD LINK (update: add new download server)

Lord Lukjan said:
    Mine DL process is like a crashfest..goin up to 101 and stops..then lesser to 50+ and goes up..to 101 and again...:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

you should be glad that you could open mbrepository at all.
    I am still getting no connection :mad:
  13. Gaius Julius

BRYTENWALDA 1.34: RELEASE. DOWNLOAD LINK (update: add new download server)

You have brought the repository down! :lol:
    Always got an error when trying to open the download-site.

Do you plan to offer alternative download?
  14. Gaius Julius

Brytenwalda 1.34 Feature List.

Amazing work!
    I wonder if this is still a mod? Sounds like a completly new game to me!
    You could sell it as M&B 2. :lol:
  15. Gaius Julius

Thx for all the Hard Work

- signed

16. Gaius Julius

Can´t download 1.8. It says file not found!
  17. Gaius Julius

Native LSP 2D Art Face Improvement Project

Nice work some of them looking realy improved but some have quiet strange proportoins. Some have their front pulled up too much.

The guys 4 and 6 of comparison look as if they have a serious pain in the ass :lol:
  18. Gaius Julius

Roma Britannia (Brytenwalda Submod) BETA 1.2 patch 3.14.2011

Vympel said:
    i wanna grow this mod

You could offer signatures, they are always a good advertisement.

Do you plan to make ornamented muscle cuirass for high roman officers, maybe Tribunus and Legatus?

PS: How much renown do you need to get special equipment?
          In Brytenwalda I had my own kingdom and 1000 renown and they still told me that I was not important enough
  19. Gaius Julius

Roma Britannia (Brytenwalda Submod) BETA 1.2 patch 3.14.2011

marshallannes said:
    Dent

the evocatus guys are like the terminators on the battlefield.....havent killed one yet !!

it would be cool if you automatically got a roman standard if you killed one and then the romans tried to buy it back like a lord ransom - becuase in real life the romans treated their standards really seriously........

Sure it would.
    But standards were not carried by centurions but by Signifer (Cohort-Standart) und Aquilifer (Legion-Eagle).
    Evocati were reenlistet veterans.

But I guess the Aquilifer is even harder to kill then evocatus, never got one yet.
  20. Gaius Julius

SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Hi Raptor,
    fantastic lookink screens, keep up the good work!
    Maybe you can put the video somewhere to download? Youtube is blocking this in my country because of the music you added.
Back
Top Bottom