Roma Britannia (Brytenwalda Submod) BETA 1.2 patch 3.14.2011

Users who are viewing this thread

Dent

the evocatus guys are like the terminators on the battlefield.....havent killed one yet !!

it would be cool if you automatically got a roman standard if you killed one and then the romans tried to buy it back like a lord ransom - becuase in real life the romans treated their standards really seriously........

marshallannes said:
Dent

the evocatus guys are like the terminators on the battlefield.....havent killed one yet !!

it would be cool if you automatically got a roman standard if you killed one and then the romans tried to buy it back like a lord ransom - becuase in real life the romans treated their standards really seriously........

Sure it would.
But standards were not carried by centurions but by Signifer (Cohort-Standart) und Aquilifer (Legion-Eagle).
Evocati were reenlistet veterans.

But I guess the Aquilifer is even harder to kill then evocatus, never got one yet.

Hello everyone I would like to announce that I will be taking a small part in making of this mod Sigma is currently enjoying real life and work but fear not work on this fine historical mod shell continue , praise Caeser!

I will release a slight re balance of the mod for further testing so If you are interested in this mod I suggest making helpful and or critical posts regarding what you would like to see in this mod and your general opinions on this particular re-balance (I want this thread to spread across this forum like cancer the good kind of cancer). I am not sure if sigma wants total realism emphasized in his fine work in progress but I just love realism the harder it is the better for me I say . In any case not everyone likes it hard so therefore we balance .

I shell present my rebalance attemt #1.5 :

- Face codes less hairy roman troops , more hairy Briton barbarians

- Battle maps 2-4 times larger

- Adden Polished landscapes (optional) if you don't like don't install landscape files if you ask me "I like it pretty with all shadows turned off"

- Rebalanced Roman armor, its superior to what Britons wear. Armor stats pretty much the same but its also Heavier and so is the Scutum which got a slight bust in hitpoints, roman soldiers should not run around the field like wild barbarians (with all that armor) they should be organized into a shield-wall being superbly directed by centurions (you)

-Roman gladius rebalanced now it does more thrust damage then swing damage , to encourage the player to do more deep thrusts the romans liked so much over the scutum

- Rebalanced roman troops Centurions and flag carriers are not made of steel but of bronze still more powerful then average legionary through Elite Briton units received a slight boost as well .Basically my test rebalance of troops is based on realism, romans were more skilled and organized superbly led, well equipped but Britons were physically tougher faster used to hunting and running naked in the woods fighting wolf and bear barehanded.

- Rebalanced lordly parties romans should not win when heavily outnumbered barbarians have a slight boost to their numbers as well

- Added few relatively realistic units to the unit tree for romans you have to see for yourself , remember Sigma's recommendations about your army's realistic composition you shouldn't have an army of centurions or legionaries roman armies were always balanced with novice and experienced troops for training purposes

- Kingdom lords hp boosted to simulate bodyguard units until there's a script that permanently attaches group of elite men to lords

- Reworked Veterani Cohort 2 now more like Legionaries shorter spears because they don't know how to use longer ones

- Britons got a slight athletics boost

- Bows draw slower and are less accurate  but do more damage still draw speed and accuracy depends on how high your bow skill is

- Throwing weapons rebalanced more damage slower throw speed

- Food more expensive as it should be in those days. Quantity of food is also slightly razed.Quality materials such as silk and so on, more expensive so it makes more sense now to loot enemy villages you need to make sure that you are looting a well developed "rich" village for higher payoffs use spy's.

-There's some stuff i am sure i forgot let it be a surprise

Future tweaks planned :
- Horses slightly faster more charge damage
- Spear's slower more damage
- Less arrows more damage
- Two handers are slightly slower but do more damage

BACKUP old 1.2 files when you install this rebalance if you dont like revert to originals not save game compatible Export your character start a new game import . I would like to see a lively stream of comments following this upload ideas, suggestion , criticisms .... I am willing and able to make quick adjustments on the fly and reuploading also if you are knowledgeble regarding this period in military history I would love to hear your suggestions .

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20154847/Roma+Senium+Beta+1.2unitsitemsPL2.rar  This is a patch and has to be added on top of original obviously.

Quote of the day : If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it. Julius Caesar.

Sweet looking mod i think i'll try it tommorow. Im glad you made a roman submod because i suggested it  :grin: and i think theres like no roman mods for warband singleplayer is there, which is great! Thanx.

DimondLight said:
Is the Ranking system implemented yet? I can't figure out how to get the unique armor or weapons if it is.

When you get a lot of renown talk to tavern keepers in mead halls they will point you toward special merchants located in different towns.Do try my re-balance and leave feedback though, tell your friends to try it so forth i wanna grow this mod if a lot of people want it amazing new features will be added faster , all modding requires motivation you see. In any case a large number of high quality equipment is planned  refer to front page for more details.

Vympel said:
i wanna grow this mod

You could offer signatures, they are always a good advertisement.

Do you plan to make ornamented muscle cuirass for high roman officers, maybe Tribunus and Legatus?

PS: How much renown do you need to get special equipment?
      In Brytenwalda I had my own kingdom and 1000 renown and they still told me that I was not important enough

Gaius Julius said:
Vympel said:
i wanna grow this mod

You could offer signatures, they are always a good advertisement.

Do you plan to make ornamented muscle cuirass for high roman officers, maybe Tribunus and Legatus?

PS: How much renown do you need to get special equipment?
      In Brytenwalda I had my own kingdom and 1000 renown and they still told me that I was not important enough

I don't know how much exactly but it did not take me long nor did I go and buy any special items Tavern keeper told me where to go to get them though I believe in 4 locations you have to go walk town streets and find the special shops or something like that . In any case  Sigma is bringing new updates in week's time new models and high quality textures ,heil Sigma !

If you want to help with signature advertisements be my guest and make some. I would suggest lining a bunch of different roman troops in a tight formation with sun rising behind them with polished landscapes mod sweet jesus that make's me horny  :mrgreen: So ya get started on that if you have photoshop I don't have much installed currently and occupied , great idea though I suggest you get started right away dont forget to enable max aa/af for the screenshot. :mrgreen:

I'll see what I can do also with the sigs mate, should have some time up my sleeve.

-Gothy

taragoth said:
I'll see what I can do also with the sigs mate, should have some time up my sleeve.

-Gothy

Perfect , you are now promoted to centurion in XI Cohort XII Legion :mrgreen:.

Back
Top Bottom