Search results for query: *

1. Invictus

Resolved Server not responding on Multiplayer (Custom matches) after recent patch.

Same here. I bumped a thread in crash reports section.
  2. Invictus

Resolved MULTIPLAYER CRASHES TODAY

Today as well. After updating to the latest version (1.3.1.228836) it crashes 30 seconds into the match. Same in safe mode.
  3. Invictus

Ukraine Today

Weaver said:
    Was it a subtle ethnic innuendo? :grin:
    Unless you tend to claim that territory for some particular ethnicity, no :grin:

Bluehawk said:
    Happy Birthday!
    Not sure if it's your birthday to be honest but just joining the previous post :party:
  4. Invictus

Ukraine Today

RabbleKnight said:
    Well, he is Russian.
    Tho i believe he currently live in Canada.
    My bet is that Bluehawk's origin is somewhere around Bessarabia. Possibly Transnistria or even Odessa region.
  5. Invictus

Your Car

Tibertus said:
    Everything I'm reading says parallel sorry, so I don't know, unless you have a weird aftermarket set up. One turbo for each bank of 3 cylinders. Makes the most sense for a v6 too. Are the turbos variable geo? It could for instance, have two vane profiles for two set ranges of RPMs, which would need computer controlling.
    Probably you are right. I don't remember where I've read that and can't find it now. May be some non-english source. Anyway the setup is symmetrical and the only way to set different starting points for turbos is to use two different wastegate valves. I can't find a reasonable justification for that though.

I've recently had a turbo malfunction caused by bad electrical contact with air pressure sensor on air intake pipe. It completely shut down the turbo system and opened wastegates.
    I couldn't even start moving until 4000 rpm. God help my clutch.
    After fixing this I've found that fuel system has some issues too. It works fine on plain terrain but fails on uphills even with full tank.
    It's still fun to drive this car even with all those gremlins inside.
  6. Invictus

Your Car

It happened to be the first serial biturboed vehicle ever. The technology was experimental at the time. They started with 150hp 2.0L normally aspirated engine but felt it was not enough for modern sport coupe. So they ordered some japanese turbos to play around. And they reached 180hp with 0.8bar of boost. Which was topmost hp to engine capacity ratio on the market. Mine had 185hp in stock, previous owner claimed 250hp and I measured 230hp. So I assume there were some tweaks applied.
    I've read that it is possible to get another 50 horsies by replacing the boost valve that would increase the limit to 1.0bar (the stock limits to 0.8bar). But it was about fuel injected model where computer firmware was reverse engineered to confirm it would support this mode.

I have a spare 2.8L fuel injected engine from 1990 model though. But I'd prefer to keep this car stock unless I blow up the original engine.
  7. Invictus

Your Car

Tibertus said:
    sneakey pete said:
    Doubt the turbo's are computer controlled.

This. Turbos are pretty simple in how they're controlled, actually. No need for computer control. Fuel injection on the other hand would be computer controlled...
    However, the '85 Biturbo is a parallel turbo and carbureted. Juicy.
    And I say you both are wrong. First, these turbos are sequential. One of them starts at 2500RPM and the other at 4000-4500. Second, they are simple themselves but present a few challenges by blowing through carburator. And that combination makes a very unstable system. Thus Maserati developed Maserati Automatic Boost Control (which I believe is a fancy name for basically a PID controller) to handle airflow.
  8. Invictus

Your Car

Only the turbos are computer controlled I believe. Everything else is old school.

9. Invictus

Your Car

More like daily test driving then fixing car. I found this a year ago. It was cheap and in good and mostly stock condition and I thought it could be fun.
    Then I tried those Italian horses under the hood and fell in love. It had 230 at that moment. I believe I've woken up a few more since then.
  10. Invictus

Your Car

This is my world of pain and suffering. And fun. And more suffering. But probably more fun overall. Yet.

2.5L V6 carburated 1985 Maserati Biturbo.
  11. Invictus

Ukraine Today

Just as I have said previously, Debaltseve gets burned to the ground, all the infrastructure is destroyed including railway node so there is no point in holding that position anymore, UAF retreat, terrorists advance.
    Casualties during this retreat operation are of the same order of magnitude than on any other day of "cease fire". That is a success in this situation.
  12. Invictus

Ukraine Today

Weaver said:
    Diplomats must attempt to turn any situation to their side's advantage whatever development it takes. They will use deaths and destruction as bargaining chips, doesn't mean they actually want more people to get killed.
    Of course they do not. It's just a collateral damage.

Yeah, maybe there were bloody good reasons for a retreat?  Like the city being a trap jampacked by enemy paramilitary?
    Yeah, sure. Bunch of clowns with AKs is whole lot more dangerous against combined arms of artillery, aviation and mech infrantry than fully fortified city with tanks, artillery and anti-air guns we have now. Or maybe you can tell me of any report of violent resistance performed by DNR/LNR forces even remotely resembling that of Donetsk airport or Debaltseve defense?
  13. Invictus

Ukraine Today

rejenorst said:
    There's a stalemate you mean but they have gone on the offensive in the past.
    By offensive push I don't just mean all out assault across the front but possibly smaller offensive actions to encircle a small or larger area etc.
    It's not a stalemate. It's more like misère played by UAF. They have orders not to advance but to hold their ground as long as possible. And the more positions they lose on battlefield the more Ukraine benefits in "diplomacy". As it gives a way to constantly milk IMF and various other sources while giving no **** about economy. You just have to tell stories every now and then about evil Russians and how you do protect Europe from The Horde. It's a win-win situation for all except those who get killed or disfigured in the process. The conflict is being prolonged artificially by all sides for that reason.

Just a small example: even before all that stuff with plane or Ilovaysk happened Ukrainian forces had actually entered Luhansk at least three times and were immediately given orders to retreat.
    It's one huge theater of absurd happening.
  14. Invictus

Ukraine Today

Observing ceasefire
    1363021475_deaf_dumb_blind.jpg

rejenorst said:
    I am wondering whether the DPR will launch any further offensive pushes to try and cut off Ukrainian troops within the Debaltseve cauldron/sack.
    They do not launch offensive pushes. At all. Their only viable tactics is to burn everything to the ground until there are no possible defensive positions for enemy. And only then they advance.
    All their close combat assaults have failed with enormous body counts. Debaltseve will be shelled until it is uninhabitable and Ukrainan army retreats like in Donetsk airport.
    Debaltseve sack had formed long before Ilovaysk happened and the shelling never stopped since.
  15. Invictus

Ukraine Today

mcwiggum said:
    How many men does a battallion have anyway?

In Ukrainian military it can be something from 300 during peace time up to 1500 when deployed on battlefield.
    For example at peace time mech infantry battalion consists of 5 companies of various functional purpose.
    Of which there are 3 infantry companies, 1 tank company and 1 artillery battery. That is around 500 soldiers, 50 officers, 10 tanks and 40 APCs.
    Each infantry company has 100 men split into 3 platoons 3 squads each.
    During mobilization and deployment the number of men in squad, squads in platoon and platoons in company may increase up to 200 men per company.

As for volunteer battalions it's a bit different as they have less equipment and specializations. But in general the number is still somewhere around 500 people.
    Also the structure of PS battalions is very volatile. Every few weeks there are rearrangements such as new battalion is organized or some company is separated to serve as a basis for new battalion.
    It is stated that only 1/4 of recruited volunteers remain and serve as regular troops there. So it can be assumed that the other 3/4 stay home as reserves.
  16. Invictus

Ukraine Today

Well, I don't know the exact numbers but this 50k is not hard to believe.
    14 battalions is an official number though and they are planning to increase it beyond 20.
    So it's at least 10-14k regular troops. And keeping 3 times as many in mobilizable reserve seems reasonable to me.
    4 of these 14 battalions are taking part in military operations while the rest are being formed and trained by rotated veterans.
    With the constant flow of volunteers they have I wont be surprised if they soon reach 100k or even more.

17. Invictus

Ukraine Today

rejenorst said:
    does this mean Right Sector has rejected the ceasefire?
    https://www.facebook.com/dyastrub/posts/782660468477506
    Kind of. It says that treaties with Putin and RF are impossible as those people never follow them, that there is an increase in activity and enemy presence on the front lines. Also Yarosh states that treaties with terrorists have no power and are anti-constitutional. On the other hand, he says, protecting the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine is a duty of each citizen and they are going to protect their right to fulfill that duty by any means necessary. In the same time he supports Poroshenko's diplomatic efforts but suggests involvement of US and UK into negotiation process.

At the moment, afaik, Right Sector has 14 batallions and estimates around 50k in total manpower including reserves.
    Gotta go and watch this again.
  18. Invictus

Ukraine Today

PinCushion said:
    Is that crowd staring at something that might explode in their face or is it dead?
    I believe it's only an engine from self-propelled projectile. I've seen photos of trucks hit with these without an explosion.
  19. Invictus

Ukraine Today

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=802464209796479
    Jedi ambush
  20. Invictus

Ukraine Today

http://liveuamap.com/
    This map is more accurate and has less noise. It also has news stream connected with geo data.

Back
Top Bottom