Recent content by Sirion

1. Sirion

Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

MariusThePaladin said:
    - If I choose to serve as Lay Monk, I got not wages. It's a 0 wages position. Even after i got promoted to spear monk or Naginata monk, my pay is still 0.

As far as I know,  as a Lay Monk you aren't paid at all by feature. You still profit from loot (both items and gold), however.

As for the bugs and features, I think that some of the naginatas in game have too high difficulty to be utilised by Onnabushi and Jimon Monk Warriors; or is that the NPC's are ignoring the weapons restirictions?

2. Sirion

Comments: 3.0 Released

[quote author=Talinoth]
    Unless it's a 3 metre long thick two-handed Swedish pike like the kind in With Fire & Sword, absolutely no.[/quote]

Unless it's nagae yari long of 4.5 to 6.5 m (15 to 20 feet)?
    There are some interesting materials: http://www.wpi.edu/Pubs/E-project/Available/E-project-042612-111812/unrestricted/Samurai-Evolution-of-Arms-Armors.pdf Note the lenght of Ashigaru spears.

Naginata been used mostly (mostly, not exclusively, ok?) by foot soldiers too.
    I do agree with regular cavalry armed with Yari, Yumi and Tachi. In Sengoku period Naginata was dropped in favor of Yari anyways.
    Heavy cavalry equivalent can have Ō-dachi; I have no problem with that. It is still open question however, is that Ō-dachi and No-dachi the same thing or not.
  3. Sirion

I am not an expert so I can only theoretise that while yari soldiers could do a good job in stopping cavalry unit, No-dachi armed unit can jump on from the side and start to chop them to pieces  :smile:.
  4. Sirion

[quote author=<jacobhinds>]mounted samurai (as well as yumi in the earlier sengoku) would mainly use naginata and long-bladed yari from horseback[/quote]
    I do apologise; I haven't made a clear sentence. I should write that heavier and longer variants of Naginata and Yari should be flagged as can't used on horseback. Sure as you said they shouldn't carry katana, because tachi was the main cavalry sword; still, even slightly, longer than katana. It should also be carried different way.
    A word about No-dachi and Ō-dachi; accordingly to some sources is not the same weapon. While Ō-dachi can refer to any long sword (no less than 90cm blade lenght), No-dachi was a weapon meant to use against horsemen, like Nagamaki. But I would like to admit that I am not 100% sure of that. Some other refers that as Nodachi/ōdachi likewise these would be same stuff. It is, however, possible that it depends of the use and units training, so that say infantry trained to use Ō-dachi against cavalry have been described as No-dachi units.
    Accordingly to the historical accurateness there should be mounted yumi samurai units, but apparently they would make not much difference during sieges; however in vanilla play units like steppe bandits and khergit archers are dangerous in open battles.
  5. Sirion

I do believe that weapons like Nodachi, heavier and longer Naginata and Yari should be flagged as can't used on horseback for better balance.
  6. Sirion

[quote author=<RoboSenshi>]You can just change the music yourself if you don't like it. That's what I did anyway.
    [/quote]
    Just what I have done. Thanks anyway.
    Phlpp, could you please give us some information what is planned with (hopefully incoming) next release?
  7. Sirion

Just discovered it yesterday... it's bloody great. So far best mod for WB since Brytenwalda. I do not quite like the music, though. Anyway, I just dropped one of these http://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade/Mods/3623/? into textures folder, mix well. Respect for your work, I do really enjoy it.
  8. Sirion

1866 - Bug Reports (v0.9.1 only)

Starting as American Indian, having no money at all I am still able to pay 3 dollars to various outlaws to leave me alone. Also sometimes seem that my bullets just passing through the enemy with no harm (Singleplayer mode).
  9. Sirion

Shogun - Sengoku Jidai (OLD DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Just recently I saw some matching stuff

Japan map icons http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2518

Japan sitting style - animations http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2457

Hmmm maybe also

Japan tree - sakura http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2497

Arena - Japan garden http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2408
  10. Sirion

John Felton said:
    And I would not recommend using Polished Landscapes mod, as it makes everything darker and even noon looks like sunset/sunrise time. It makes everything European instead of Japanese. I would like to see original bright and colorful textures again in the game. And most important, Polished Landscapes is probably causing the game to crash, as it overloads the game-engine and makes the game crash.

Agreed. I must admit I've enjoyed the look of new trees at first, yet it makes battles bit laggy. Plus, there are some bugs in Polished Landscapes; it seems I can ride through some quite tall trees while some smaller bushes stopping the horse immediately; seems that it makes mounted AI stuck more frequently than native. Perhaps there might be solution as an extra config addon that would make Polished Landscapes compatible with Shogun as an option for ppl who want it instead of make it integral part of the mod?
  11. Sirion

woyo-sensei said:
    It looks like I have to think about this new map of Japan from you, Smurfin. My map have too much polygons (~130k polygons) and it`s too big I think.
    It works perfectly. I just dropped it with parties.txt into your Shogun Mod and I am riding across Nihon now :razz:. Map is little rough, but of decent size and have renamed most of settlements already; one thing is that factions properties are messed up.

woyo-sensei said:
    2. Yes, no more native items in the next release.
    Regards of items I think bows have bit too high requirements if all native have to be replaced by yumis.

woyo-sensei said:
    4. They are changed. You`ll see in the next release.
    Great, I hope to fight some Ikkō-ikki and ronins instead of looters now! Regards of fantical monks, you plan to set up Sōhei or Yamabushis? Personally, I would love to see both of them amongs my ranks! Hmmm for Sōhei there should be to place temples, which player may visit and build own reputation with them. Don't forget onna-bugeisha as well, it would be nice. Peasant women troop tree makes perfect template, methinks.

woyo-sensei said:
    3. I`m working on new first quest as well. For now I`m preparing new seppuku animation :smile: (part of the first quest, heros father still alive on the beginning of the game, but... something happen... :smile: )
    That's nice, but what if player's character is already "old"? Or comes from peasants family? Should his father make seppuku as well? Don't get me wrong, I just like multi-choiced character creation; think that reduce character's family tree to nobility would be just... boring :razz:
  12. Sirion

Sure it is very early, yet quite promising. Here I want to share some thoughts:
    - first, there should be no such city like Tokyo. In time of Sengoku-Jidai it was named Edo. Its name was changed to Tokyo when it became the imperial capital in 1868.
    - that enhanced blood is terrible; I think "native blood" :razz: is good enough;
    - the color of Shimazu is unbearable; can you please at least brighten it a bit? Personally, I would prefer original Total War colors, as far as I remeber Takeda was black (yet not THAT BLACK), Mori red etc.
    - there are many sorts of katanas, which is quite good, yet personally I would prefer one type (one name type, that is) but represented by more variety of styles/colors; or maybe named after the swordmakers like Masamune, Muramasa, Kanemitsu (Masterwork Masamune's Katana etc).
    - switch to polished landscapes (?) was not bad, yet I think it was too early in meaning of mod state; I would more enjoy new map of Japan isles  :razz:
    Anyways, looking forward to next release  :razz:

EDIT
    In my case stability might be my machine's fault; I just reinstalled Warband and gonna check
  13. Sirion

TitoWasFat said:
    all of those characters have been remade and polished up.their men now.
    That's why I am asking. Btw that was done quite nicely in Brytenwalda and SWQ.
  14. Sirion

Good work, keep it up  :grin:
    Hmmm are there planned female characters? I think Ymira/Klethi/Deshavi already provide excellent templates which can be used with some cosmetic modification in any reality/age/whatever.

Understand it is quite early development, though. Sometimes experienced crash, something messed up with Microsoft Visual C++, would provide more info if that's happen again.
  15. Sirion

Worldmap

Hi! A great game... but I found that worldmap a sad place... I believe developers have their own planes, but it would be nice to see roads, villages, fields... swamps, maybe, hills, all this stuff. More forests! I think unpassable river is not quite good idea... And compass - it is the must, I...
Back
Top Bottom