Recent content by Ivan Bajlo

1. Gun Thunder-version 0.2 is released! (9/8/08)

Cannoneers are little overkill, early cannons were big and almost useless against troops unless these advanced slowly in huge masses and most of the damage was done by solid shots not huge fireball effect  :cool:, but what is really missing are hand grenades!

Grenades existed long before gunpowder was discovered and Chinese created first true gunpowder grenades 400 years before Europeans, so adding nice throwing weapon would make castle defense much more possible when faced with cannons.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_grenade#History
  2. Mount&Blade Version 0.960 is Released!

Considering many developers release their games while still in alpha as v1.0 end of betas is hardly something shocking after all these years and almost each beta was completely different game :mrgreen:, there can always be patches 1.01 to 1.xx plus expansions and then we can do it all over with the sequel - Mount&Musket! :wink:
  3. 0.955 Defending Castle/Town

castle/town/village icons should really become impassable on the map so that once you enter nobody can touch you until you leave or they can attack you if your in a village - this would give us cool battle scenes - or besiege you if you are in a castle or town, leaving besieged castle/town should gives us breakthrough battle
  4. Version 0.952 Bug reports

Several serious post rebellion bugs

Bug #1. Once Rebels of Swadia become Kingdom of Swadia, player does become Marshall and can summon all the Lords and command even queen Lady Isolla of Suno but loses option to give troops to other lords and none of them will join player in battle (even if relations are 22)! :shock: Makes commanding a campaign pretty much pointless since during the siege player will attack only with his own party and has to let other Lords to start a battle and only them can he join to have chance of beating similar enemy force.

Bug #2. If player renounces oath to the new ruler i.e. Lady Isolla anyone who was following player orders will continue i.e. Lords will continue accompanying you although your are no longer a Marshall and not even a vassal.

Bug #3. If players takes oath again to the new ruler i.e. Lady Isolla, new rebellion will spawn and another Lady Isolla will join the party while previous one will still command her army (and kingdom of course so she is rebelling against herself!) and has same talk options so her army cannot be attacked and if bug under 2. happened these Lords will now join you in combat even against each other! :???:
  5. RGL ERROR: Unable to create depth stencil surface width=512 height=512.

That isn't a bug its a feature telling us summer is coming to Europe and we should do some real exercise - training in M&B won't do anything to your real world anatomy, at lest until M&B becomes holodeck program. :mrgreen:
  6. Version 0.951 Bug reports

darklon7 said:
    Any ideas if the block letters and RGL errors have any way to be fixed. Did this happen in a previous version?

It happened to me but only few times so it didn't bother me so much.
  7. Version 0.951 Bug reports

BocajacoB said:
    When I was talking to the trainer this message poped up and everytime i click ignore, it just pops up again. Retry doesn't work either.

screencaptureprofessionis4.png

Same here, this version seems to be crashing all the time.  :sad:
  8. Big Armies... too big

TurinTurambar said:
    So... what am i supposed to do when an enemy army attack my castle and the nearby allied cities? More exactly, when that army consist of 530 nords? ¬¬.

Well if its just Nords then it is easy if you have good horse, bow, arrows and lot of free time, sieges are death trap but on open ground you can eliminate any Nord army since they don't have any cavalry and not too many archers.  :wink:

Of course with all other faction it is ridicules and best option is to run away...
  9. Siege should be improved,especially ladders

MagicJuggler said:
    The defender should be able to take defenses as castle upgrades too...burning oil anyone?

Ballista towers? :twisted:

Although option to drop BIG stones on attacker would be more then enough.  :wink:
  10. (v. 0.950) invincible Lords?

Already in two different games I'm seeing battle getting stuck on single lord and no change for days and even weeks! Only once they break off game continues but in next battle they are invincible again? First case is Lord Tonju of Khergit and second is Lord Gearth of Nords, I don't remember on...
  11. AI picks weakest castle to siege?

Is it just me or does AI in its all knowing choses weakest garrisoned castle to siege, the fact that it located on the other side of the map plays little role? So I would need to leave strongest garrisons in my rear to force AI to go for border castles??? Shouldn't there be something like a...
  12. Siege should be improved,especially ladders

Gothic Knight said:
    So,for example,tonight I had an siege with over an hundred men and they are all trying to get on the ladder.It is too small for an swarm of 20 men,less alone 180.So I propose that the team of M&B fix the siege towers and ladders,lengthen the width so more people can go on the ladder.Also second,create siege weapons that cost money and can shoot projectiles before battle,like it would be an set amount of time before an wall etc is breached by bombardment.Just think it over and keep up the good work. :grin:

Actually ladders are too wide I haven't seen to many ladder capable of having more then one person, but yes we should have much more ladders and defender should be able to push it down! :wink:

It sure would be fun to see many ladders going up and then down full of men, by the time siege is over attacker would have big part of his army in hospital as it should be - that is why captured garrisons would often get executed as a warning to others that it is better to surrender. :twisted:
  13. New things in .950

Dindi said:
    Increase your battle sizer if you want more defenders.

Did that and for each extra defender attacker got 10 more! :???:

gwharris said:
    So, what do you need to do in order to do that, exactly?

Attack Lord of some faction and then you can siege their Castles without cheat.

Praetor said:
    I sort of think it's silly that that the attackers would build only ONE siege tower/ladder and then all go up it.

That one too, Battle of Sicily mod has several narrow ramps/ladders and it was murder to go up one of those.  :wink:
  14. New things in .950

Merentha said:
    I'll never understand the forum.  They beg for castle assaults and storming the walls, get them, and then turn around and say that they want storming to be so difficult as to be entirely impossible.  :???:

Not impossible - realistic - right now it is impossible to defended the castle against very big force despite having more then enough troops to make assault at lest very bloody instead attacker suffers less casualties then defender who is trying to stop enemy masses with groups of 5-6 soldiers!? Only way to hold it is if you get siege tower bug and they all fall from it.  :sad:

We could have tactics skill to have impact if you can launch surprise attack before defense is organized but well supplied and alerted garrison should be able to repulse most assaults with ease.

Atla said:
    Next you cry-babies will be wanting to hide in a wooden horse and be pulled into the castle for a nighttime attack!

;ppp

Yeeees!  :mrgreen:
  15. Lords need to be subject to the same restrictions as the player

Do Lords troops upgrade? This could be nice solution since starting army could be filled with recruits and easily beatable by the player even if greatly outnumbered by the time they gather experience there wouldn't be that many left unless they wait in towns/castle and train them for few months.
Back
Top Bottom