New things in .950

Users who are viewing this thread

Redcoat - Mic said:
Proteinstar said:
Doesn't seem like they have improved the sieges have they?  Is it still a hundred zillion guys running up ramp to get shot at by another zillion guys on the battlements?  They've really really have to improve that before it goes gold.

Well siege assaults are going to be harder for the attacker than defender so where's the problem?

The big gay ramp.

Merentha said:
What exactly do you want?  The pathing on the battlements is a lot smoother, btw. 

Anything but a big gay ramp.

attackrat said:
jeroen said:
OR A Big Wooden RABBIT!!  (monty python and the holy grail  :twisted:)
I dunno what's worse: that he doesn't have the movie memorized, or that I expect him to have the movie memorized.

Oy. /facepalm

Trick question....the answer is C: The existance of a big gay ramp.

I sort of think it's silly that that the attackers would build only ONE siege tower/ladder and then all go up it.

Dindi said:
Increase your battle sizer if you want more defenders.

Did that and for each extra defender attacker got 10 more! :???:

gwharris said:
So, what do you need to do in order to do that, exactly?

Attack Lord of some faction and then you can siege their Castles without cheat.

Praetor said:
I sort of think it's silly that that the attackers would build only ONE siege tower/ladder and then all go up it.

That one too, Battle of Sicily mod has several narrow ramps/ladders and it was murder to go up one of those.  :wink:

quiet420 said:
Redcoat - Mic said:
Proteinstar said:
Doesn't seem like they have improved the sieges have they?  Is it still a hundred zillion guys running up ramp to get shot at by another zillion guys on the battlements?  They've really really have to improve that before it goes gold.

Well siege assaults are going to be harder for the attacker than defender so where's the problem?

The big gay ramp.

Merentha said:
What exactly do you want?  The pathing on the battlements is a lot smoother, btw. 

Anything but a big gay ramp.

attackrat said:
jeroen said:
OR A Big Wooden RABBIT!!   (monty python and the holy grail  :twisted:)
I dunno what's worse: that he doesn't have the movie memorized, or that I expect him to have the movie memorized.

Oy. /facepalm

Trick question....the answer is C: The existance of a big gay ramp.

I don't think the ramp is male, and I seriously doubt that if it is, it would search for other male ramps to make hot male ramp love with

What do you do after you've taken a king prisoner? I've essentially wiped out the lord of the veagirs but still not strong enough to take their castles yet, I caught the king with his pants down (army of 30ish mainly recruits/footmen)
took him prisoner but what do I do with him now?

Nerpok said:
What do you do after you've taken a king prisoner? I've essentially wiped out the lord of the veagirs but still not strong enough to take their castles yet, I caught the king with his pants down (army of 30ish mainly recruits/footmen)
took him prisoner but what do I do with him now?
We go from posts about gay sex to a post about what to do with a captured enemy king...

...Yeah, there's your answer.  :neutral:

Uhh...onto the topic(I think) one of the things that I've noticed that was cool is if you talk to your buddy lords after winning/losing a battle, they usually talk about it.

There is a new village quest in which you train a certain amount of villagers by doing training grounds style training. After the set number is trained, the bandits, which you are training the peasants to fight, arrive.  You get all your equipment and like 10 peasants (farmers in disguise) and have to fight off 15 or so bandits.

Not sure if this is mentioned since I decided not to read the whole thread but you can become the marshall of your country's army. Then everyone will follow you around.

Merentha said:
Ivan Bajlo said:
Merentha said:
You do realize that would mean you'd never, ever be able to take a castle, right?
As phbbbt107 said there should be other ways to capture a castle, direct assault should always be last resort since it should be costliest method - I shouldn't be able to storm fully garrisoned castle even with my Level 38 character which can hack all defenders in two or three attempts. :oops:
I'll never understand the forum.  They beg for castle assaults and storming the walls, get them, and then turn around and say that they want storming to be so difficult as to be entirely impossible.   :???:

It is not difficult at all to understand. Those who feel they have something to complain about will naturally voice their opinion. People who are content are playing the game instead.

I wouldn't go so far as to call the ramp gay, only a poor substitute for actual believable siege warfare.  The siege tower is ok, I honestly would prefer the following.  A text based combat resolution system in which the computer resolves the initial combat, casualties, damage done, etc.  This would of course be altered by modifiers, number of siege weapons, type of units, tactics skill etc.  The actual hand to hand combat would be the final push through the breach, where it makes (Hollywood) sense for the commander to charge in with his men.  Buildings would be in flames, large breaches in the walls etc.  Or perhaps in the earlier portion a particular modifier was that a traitor opened the gates, in that case, no flaming buildings and your troops ingress through the front door.  This would give us the great visuals and action we crave with M&B and would also be slightly more believable than a long sloping ramp to the top of the wall.

A few observances (didn't read all 287 replies so far, just the OP :wink: ):

1. Looks like the party templates are spawning parties of appropriate size compared to your character level again.

2. When enemy parties (noticed this with Looters) are at the extreme edge of your Spotting capability, you only see the party and not their party size. Neat.

so anybody found the jelkala stash of Strange Items yet? been looking everywhere and i cant seem to find it

(mabye relocated to a different city?)

Seems you can fight inside cities and later in the castle keep. Only got that when conquering Tihr (WTF is with that city anyway? Double walls!?), captured the walls, then had to kill about 6 nords on the streets and the last 5 remaining nords in the castle (2 were hiding in the lord's bedroom...).

RanGer_SLO said:
Seems you can fight inside cities and later in the castle keep. Only got that when conquering Tihr (WTF is with that city anyway? Double walls!?), captured the walls, then had to kill about 6 nords on the streets and the last 5 remaining nords in the castle (2 were hiding in the lord's bedroom...).
i found it fun when i took Sargoth from the Nords.

Proteinstar said:
I wouldn't go so far as to call the ramp gay, only a poor substitute for actual believable siege warfare.  The siege tower is ok, I honestly would prefer the following.  A text based combat resolution system in which the computer resolves the initial combat, casualties, damage done, etc.  This would of course be altered by modifiers, number of siege weapons, type of units, tactics skill etc.  The actual hand to hand combat would be the final push through the breach, where it makes (Hollywood) sense for the commander to charge in with his men.  Buildings would be in flames, large breaches in the walls etc.  Or perhaps in the earlier portion a particular modifier was that a traitor opened the gates, in that case, no flaming buildings and your troops ingress through the front door.  This would give us the great visuals and action we crave with M&B and would also be slightly more believable than a long sloping ramp to the top of the wall.
  where's the fun in that?

Back
Top Bottom