Recent content by HeadClot

1. Coup Attempt in Turkey

I normally do not post here.

Is everyone at Tale Worlds Ok?

2. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

Gab-AG. said:
    Masterancza said:
    I'm still waiting for the next developer blog :wink: I hope that you'll release it soon.

You know what "soon" means in Bannerlord time, right?

VALVE TIME!
  3. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

mike56 said:
    Pilum said:
    I think it is more likely Bannerlord will be ported to the "new" consoles, Warband is so old now.

Have you seen this tweet? https://twitter.com/MustafaKorkmazD/status/627706304245723136

My reaction

4. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

Pilum said:
    I think it is more likely Bannerlord will be ported to the "new" consoles, Warband is so old now.
    For the Nvidia shield it kinda makes sense, but for Xbone and PS4? I am not so sure.

Thought they had a separate team working on the console port while the core team worked on M&B2 for PC?

Atleast that is what I heard ways back.
  5. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

Steathunter4l said:
    WHY HAVEN'T YOU TAKEN MY MONEY YET !!!!!!  :razz:

They better take my money by the time gamescom comes around other wise I am going to turkey and Giving it to them.

#JustBannerlordthings
  6. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 9 - Ethnic Instruments

Orion said:
    You want a broken game? That's how you get a broken game.

I would have to agree also I found this -

http://games.on.net/2015/03/mount-blade-2-bannerlord-says-they-have-a-console-release-in-mind/
  7. Bring Bannerlord and older Mount and Blade Titles to GOG and GOG Galaxy

Rallix said:
    What with Steam being GOG's main financial competitor, and Steam already having deals with TW, I don't know if you guys will have much luck.

It really comes down to the terms that they signed when the put Mount and Blade and other games on to steam. It is worth a shot atleast. :smile:
  8. Bring Bannerlord and older Mount and Blade Titles to GOG and GOG Galaxy

Hey Taleworlds, I am not really sure where to post this.. A few of us want to see Bannerlord and previous mount and blade titles brought to the GOG platform as well as steam. About GOG for the uninformed - GOG (Formerly Good Old Games) is a store front specializing in DRM-free games. It is...
  9. Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 8 - Engine Power [VIDEO]

Orion said:
    anubite said:
    I was so impressed by this video.

But I don't like the numbers posted. If you have a 255km^2 map area, or whatever, there's no way you can afford to have complex AI. Good AI would survey the entire map for a "best strategy" navigating it for some objective. If you can afford to have giant ridiculously sized areas, that means you've left no budget for your AI - there's no way they can iterate frequently enough on a land mass that size to determine best case strategies. At best, we'll see WarBand's AI regurgitated again (which is pretty lackluster, even if it's sufficient).
    Making a bit of a leap there, aren't you? As Tybalt says, battle maps probably won't be that large. That's probably the largest possible size they can generate within their engine, and probably will be of very limited use among certain kinds of mods. The larger scenes may be very useful when making large urban centers.

You do not just use a navigation mesh on an entire landscape that big. You break it up into chunks and then use a navigation mesh on the smaller individual chunks. Other wise you will have a major performance problem with Nav mesh. That said - Not all areas of a battle map will be accessible (At least this is how I see it.) If you see there mountain terrain example posted in the video. You would only be able to access the valley areas of the terrain. Maybe some areas above it. That said - Larger cities and Castles are welcome in my book.

Also to cut down on CPU overhead you would need to break the terrain up into smaller areas anyway that would match up with each other on the edges. I am pretty sure bannerlord can get the large scale battles we have all dreamed about as well as good performance on a modern mid range gaming rig.

How do I know all this? In my spare time I am an part time Indie developer that uses Unreal Engine 4. Allot of the Concepts apply here to bannerlord as well as to other engines such as Cryengine, Unity3D, and Unreal 4.

That said - Do not worry guys - I am pretty sure that the Talesworld folks are working diligently to give you epic large scale battles and very Large maps.

The only thing I would worry about If I were in Taleworld's Shoes is System requirements. Some of us do not have the best PCs. That said - They need to strike a good balance between baseline specs and performance :smile:
  10. Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 8 - Engine Power [VIDEO]

Wait - So this is just the battlemap?!

Holy CRAP!

Take my money for Early Access!

Also consider a GOG Release Taleworlds a bunch of us over on GoG want to support you on GOG as well as steam.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/help_get_mount_and_blade_2_bannerlord_onto_gogcom
  11. Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 8 - Engine Power [VIDEO]

Will you be licensing out this engine for other developers to use in their own games?

Also:

#TAKEMYMONEY
    #TAKEMYMONEY
    #TAKEMYMONEY
    #TAKEMYMONEY
    #TAKEMYMONEY
    #TAKEMYMONEY
  12. Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 8 - Engine Power [VIDEO]

#TAKEMYMONEY
    #TAKEMYMONEY
    #TAKEMYMONEY
    #TAKEMYMONEY
    #TAKEMYMONEY
    #TAKEMYMONEY
  13. Expansion / Multiplayer suggestion thread

An optional mode for players with Stem Systems would be nice.
    Imagine actually parrying your opponents blocks/Blows and attacking with various weapons (Swords, Axes, etc.)
    As well as finishing them off with a well placed Axe to the chest or something similar :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b1ycwQIG7c

At the very least making the functions available to make this a mod would be nice :smile:
  14. Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 6 - Astounding Squirms

The Bowman said:
    Admiral Nelson said:
    Yngvald said:
    Oberrill said:
    What I really hope for is a change in combat. I really get tired of being damaged by a polearm when I am standing so close to my opponent that he could not hit me with anything but the handle near his hands. I dislike the way I cannot use a two-handed weapon up close without my arms bouncing off my opponent and doing no damage while he is damaging me with exactly the same type of weapon. I do not like missing an opponent over and over with ranged shots while attacking a castle, only to find out a little later that all of my missiles are stuck in the air in front of where he was standing. Another annoying thing is to have an archer standing behind infantry shooting me through the body of a soldier but my return missiles are absorbed by the shield that blocks that same body.
    I can live without better gameplay in other areas because I know modders will soon fix that. I really could not care less about facial expressions and I really believe the graphics of Warband are just fine.
    If the numerous combat problems of Warband are fixed, I will be happy to buy M&B 2. If not, I see absolutely no reason to buy M&B 2.

You're in good company. Lot of us "vetaran" M&B players have been asking for just this, and for years.

I'm personally optimistic as to this coming into fruition with Bonerlard.

With the amount of time they've been taking with this game, I wouldn't be surprised if they have managed to meticulously polish out every single gripe, complaint, glitch and bug that Warband suffered.

I mean - They've got to be doing SOMETHING with their work week!?

Maybe we make them laugh so hard that they cannot even work.

Maybe they are working so hard that they forgot to post a blogpost.
Back
Top Bottom