Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

Users who are viewing this thread

HTML:
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; line-height: 0.34cm;">Hello all Mount & Blade players, curious individuals and accidental Mount & Blade blog readers! We hope you are having a wonderful 2015, so far and that you enjoyed our previous blog by Finn Seliger, covering the music of Bannerlord.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; line-height: 0.34cm;">This time, the blog comes right from us and we're going to be touching on an interesting new feature for the single player, something we know a lot of you want to hear about.</p></br> Read more at: <a href="http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/12">http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/12</a>

Steathunter4l said:
WHY HAVEN'T YOU TAKEN MY MONEY YET !!!!!!  :razz:

They better take my money by the time gamescom comes around other wise I am going to turkey and Giving it to them.

#JustBannerlordthings

Froi said:
I don't understand why more and more people see fit to make an account and come to this thread and ask a question that has been asked hundreds of times and state a statement that has been stated hundreds times.

"wen will gaem be relesed"

"i is impatient i no have gaem or inf0 yet"

When they see fit to give us information, you will have it.  I would assume they are waiting to release something bigger than the average blog, so when they do that, that should stop everyone from complaining for about 45 minutes.

Look man, i have been a fan of the series for a long time. They specifically said that they would start releasing more information and so far they have not come through. I am infinitely patient, i was just curious if someone had any more info to keep the general hunger satisfied. No one had asked in weeks and i was wondering if anything new had been said yet. Sorry.

Since then, there has been an update on more information coming. I appreciate that and applaud the developers. I feel as if the mocking tone was unnecessary when i was asking a simple question.

And one final thing, "...more and more people see fit to make an account and come to this thread..."
I created this account May 11, 2014, 06:52:50 AM. That was over a year ago. I did not just "make" an account for this thread.

I know everybody here hates the complainers about lack of info and lack of Bannerlord and fair enough, but I'm going to put it out there that it really wasn't okay to get 4 months of silence after a suggestion that there would be an attempt at much more frequent blogs. I want to be excited about Gamescom, but the false promise has left a bitter taste in my mouth that won't go away and an acknowledgement from somebody at TaleWorlds that it was kind of a ****ty move would do wonders.

And I suppose I'll point out that my account was made 2 years ago before that comes up...

Ah_Zhou said:
Hype! :grin:

Also, I've always wondered how armagan looks like. Anyone has a pic of him?

7UE6s.jpg
The gray-haired guy.

MitchellD said:
I know everybody here hates the complainers about lack of info and lack of Bannerlord and fair enough, but I'm going to put it out there that it really wasn't okay to get 4 months of silence after a suggestion that there would be an attempt at much more frequent blogs. I want to be excited about Gamescom, but the false promise has left a bitter taste in my mouth that won't go away and an acknowledgement from somebody at TaleWorlds that it was kind of a ****ty move would do wonders.

And I suppose I'll point out that my account was made 2 years ago before that comes up...

KBDVJ.jpg

Dear Bannerlord Developers,

I hope my expectations are not very high if i expect following of Bannerlord...

1.Graphic Improvement which doesnt affect the Battlesize of clashing armies or generell game performance compared to warband (i still want the same "epic big battles" like before)

2.Sea-Travel aswell as Sea-Battles like/or better than Viking Conquest.

3.More kingdom options like it was shown in the mods "Diplomacy" or "Bank of Calradia". Those options should be "easily" done and integrated into the game.

Those 3 points are the minimum to be expected by me  :!:
I hope you will reveal a few more details at gamescom next week or even in the coming devblogs

a fanatic M&B fan

TaleWorlds should put most effort into improving the game engine, graphics, physics, optimisation, AI and invest a lot of effort in making the game modder-friendly. They are probably trying to do most of those things. I suppose Bannerlord vanilla might be just as simple as the current Native we have with some new features introduced thanks to better game mechanics and maybe some more options in diplomacy and somewhere else. I've seen people requesting a lot of different things like building castles etc., but those things will be left for the modder community to implement.

Singil said:
The press release is legit and I think everything in it is pretty much self-explanatory :wink:

Some of TaleWorlds people will be at Gamescom, holding private gameplay sessions and video screenings for the press, all the information will be shared with the players after the expo à la any other entertainment fair :smile:

The reason not all the press is featuring this bit of news is I think because a studio simply attending is not really big news.

But by all means expect to see some REAL news about Bannerlord during and after the show.

Not much longer to wait.

Singil, will Bannerlord campaign saving system be different from what we have now? I'm asking because now there's a good possibility of a save becoming corrupt. That results in game breaking bugs like character data loss and face reset, food giving no morale, merchant AI only selling their clothes, some characters losing their equipment and even villages missing from the map. The current save backup is inefficient because the game is saved very frequently and the player can ruin his backup without even knowing because he needs just one more save from a corrupt game or a game from another slot to overwrite the backup. Leaving a corrupt game instead of terminating it through task manager will also overwrite the backup. After that had happened a player's game is permanently broken. During my last campaign I made save copies manually everyday and that wasn't in vain because the save got corrupt at 400 in-game days. TaleWorlds could add more instances of backups for each save slot and only overwrite the oldest backup when an in-game day passes. Well that's one possible solution. I assume the backup save was implemented for loading a game that wouldn't load from the main save, but an improved saving system would be great help to players.

Osviux said:
Singil, will Bannerlord campaign saving system be different from what we have now? I'm asking because now there's a good possibility of a save becoming corrupt. That results in game breaking bugs like character data loss and face reset, food giving no morale, merchant AI only selling their clothes, some characters losing their equipment and even villages missing from the map. The current save backup is inefficient because the game is saved very frequently and the player can ruin his backup without even knowing because he needs just one more save from a corrupt game or a game from another slot to overwrite the backup. Leaving a corrupt game instead of terminating it through task manager will also overwrite the backup. After that had happened a player's game is permanently broken. During my last campaign I made save copies manually everyday and that wasn't in vain because the save got corrupt at 400 in-game days. TaleWorlds could add more instances of backups for each save slot and only overwrite the oldest backup when an in-game day passes. Well that's one possible solution. I assume the backup save was implemented for loading a game that wouldn't load from the main save, but an improved saving system would be great help to players.

He thinks a developer will answer him!!

c0c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom