Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

Users who are viewing this thread

HTML:
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; line-height: 0.34cm;">Hello all Mount & Blade players, curious individuals and accidental Mount & Blade blog readers! We hope you are having a wonderful 2015, so far and that you enjoyed our previous blog by Finn Seliger, covering the music of Bannerlord.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; line-height: 0.34cm;">This time, the blog comes right from us and we're going to be touching on an interesting new feature for the single player, something we know a lot of you want to hear about.</p></br> Read more at: <a href="http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/12">http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/12</a>

I occasionally check in to see if there's any news on Bannerlord, and only now saw for the first time Taleworld's move to the console market. My hype level has plummeted accordingly. Especially Microsoft is notorious for bribery/coercion to make their platform come out on top, so it's likely we'll not only have to suffer superificial delays on DLC's/expansions due to timed XBONE exclusivity, but also butchered character control mechanics because the XBONE controller can't give the same level of control as a mouse and keyboard. Hell will freeze over before Microsoft allows Bannerlord for XBONE ship as a noticably inferior product compared to the PC version.

Well when the first hints that consoles might be considered for Bannerlord arose months ago (from a mention in a Turkish video I think), it was stressed that nothing was decided yet and that the PC version would be done and dusted before being ported IF there was to be a port. All that is certain right now, according to last week's press release, is that Warband will be ported to consoles.

This will be good for Taleworlds; it will show them what appetite there is for the game on consoles. At the very least it will get them some more income from Warband and boost the profile of Bannerlord, bringing it to the attention of many gamers who may never have seen an M&B game before or not had the opportunity to try it (due to not having a PC).

I think it is more likely Bannerlord will be ported to the "new" consoles, Warband is so old now.
For the Nvidia shield it kinda makes sense, but for Xbone and PS4? I am not so sure.

DanAngleland said:
This will be good for Taleworlds; it will show them what appetite there is for the game on consoles. At the very least it will get them some more income from Warband and boost the profile of Bannerlord, bringing it to the attention of many gamers who may never have seen an M&B game before or not had the opportunity to try it (due to not having a PC).

I'm sure it's good for Taleworlds as a company, but it might not be so good for Bannerlord as a game. I've seen too many startups ruining their formerly awesome games after going mainstream.

DanAngleland said:
Well when the first hints that consoles might be considered for Bannerlord arose months ago (from a mention in a Turkish video I think), it was stressed that nothing was decided yet and that the PC version would be done and dusted before being ported IF there was to be a port.

It wouldn't surprise me if the current lack of updates despite the promise of more blogs is because of delays due to console porting, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Microsoft's "persuasion" is behind that.

Captain_Octavius said:
DanAngleland said:

I'm sure it's good for Taleworlds as a company, but it might not be so good for Bannerlord as a game. I've seen too many startups ruining their formerly awesome games after going mainstream.

DanAngleland said:
Well when the first hints that consoles might be considered for Bannerlord arose months ago (from a mention in a Turkish video I think), it was stressed that nothing was decided yet and that the PC version would be done and dusted before being ported IF there was to be a port.

It wouldn't surprise me if the current lack of updates despite the promise of more blogs is because of delays due to console porting, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Microsoft's "persuasion" is behind that.

At gamescom i think They will show gameplay with a consol not keyboard n mouse im afraid

Pilum said:
I think it is more likely Bannerlord will be ported to the "new" consoles, Warband is so old now.
For the Nvidia shield it kinda makes sense, but for Xbone and PS4? I am not so sure.

Thought they had a separate team working on the console port while the core team worked on M&B2 for PC?

Atleast that is what I heard ways back.

mike56 said:
Pilum said:

Have you seen this tweet? https://twitter.com/MustafaKorkmazD/status/627706304245723136

He sounds annoyingly happy about it haha
"Yeah gonna show them! Gonna show some console version of this **** yeah!"
-What about pc?
"Pc? PC afterrace"
:'(

i have a bad felling that the warband port is what they will focus most on in gamescom, and they will barely show anything about bannerlord :sad:

I think people are getting a bit silly and overdramatic about the console stuff. We've been told that we'll get to see actual Bannerlord gameplay at Gamescom and IIRC they've said that Bannerlord is of course going to be developed first and foremost for the PC and then POSSIBLY ported to consoles AFTER it is complete. I'm sure the porting of Warband isn't interfering with Bannerlord development, they're not going to gimp PC Bannerlord at the demands of Microsoft and Bannerlord won't be pushed aside at Gamescom to make way for console Warband. This isn't the end of the world guys, just TaleWorlds getting some exposure to new markets. I hope it goes well for them, but I do find it hard to imagine playing M&B with a console controller (and no mods is a huge bummer).

Back
Top Bottom