Recent content by Democrite

1. Democrite

SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Hello,

First, great mod.  :grin:

I have juste two questions :

- First, like Cinastro I can't became a war with a faction. The quest of caravan doesn't seem work : provocation is notice but never became a war. Any solution (including cheat ) ?

- Second question : When I defeat , alone , an ennemi lord I never capture it. It's a bug or I need a quest from one of my lords (like TLD) ?

Thank you for any answer, this great mod and sorry for my "english" :???:
  2. Democrite

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

You're right : I check in my game. :smile: Now I think about, I never take King's Landing. But you can't recrut them when you go at the city and I never see them out of KL. So, it's why  i thought they are only garrison members. :smile:
  3. Democrite

tottis said:
    Hello! this is my first pos here!
    I been playing this great mod for some days.
    I have a question, when you take King's Landing, you can recruit gold cloaks?

In my experience gold cloaks are just in the first garrison. You can't recruit them.
  4. Democrite

Democrite said:
    For my part, I don't want to recruit Roose Bolton, I play Roose Bolton (or Daenerys, Tyrion, Aragorn, King Arthur...). :wink:

Edit : some pictures

Arya with The Brotherhood without Banner
    mb1rl.jpg

Roose Bolton

mb3tr.jpg

mb4hk.jpg

mb5vc.jpg

And special guest : Aragorn with The Last Days mod
    mb121.png

The 3.13 version of the mod, but still some bugs.

Perfection is not for this world, but you can enjoy anyway. :wink:

It needs a few imagination. Of course, sometimes you meet the Roose Bolton in game. :roll: Only consider is a North lord like the others. In my campain, when I will enough strong to took Dreadfort, i will the real Roose Bolton and beware the usurper. :evil:

Seriously, they are a lot of ways to play : playing characters of the story or not, respect the story or something completely différent like a come back of Reyen heir... In my opinion the mod offers us a good support of our imagination.

Of course if you Know a way to play NPCs ... :wink:
  5. Democrite

ThaneWulfgharn said:
    Finje said:
    If i remember correct, almost every soldier in the war of the roses had at least some parts of plate armor. Not really good fitting armor mostly, but armor. Also the italian states had own armorys who armored the citizens and militias in the late medieval/early modern times. The problem is, that you have a really crazy mix of all times/nations in the song of ice and fire, so it would be just quit hard to balance. The North is more like early medieval, the riverlands like high medieval times and the westerlands like late medieval-modern times. On the other side the unsullied out of the bugs are like ancient persian troops, while in the series the look like strange blackleather killer thingis...
      I once read GRRM saying that from North to South countries make more and more usage of plate. From the North where it isn't used to the Reach where, according to GRRM, is very common. Westerlands seems to have a mid-usage of plate,i.e. 12-14th century. However the Vale seems quite German(Holy Roman Empire) in culture, and must have a quite usage of plate. In any case he also said ASOIAF cultures are much different to real world ones, which explains the Unsuilled, that to me, are more Spartan than Persian.

All this are posibilities, a source of inspiration. It will a pity all inspiration come of the show. I think we like in Martin's univers the mix of 12-14th century, spartian-persan Unsullied...
    I think we travel if Cozur could mix different sources, some historical and some more heroic-fantasy.
  6. Democrite

Democrite said:
    Ok, so I play the mod since 0.7. I play various characters : Tyrion, Daenerys, Arya, Roose Bloton ... at the same time I read the books and see the HBO serie. Cozur's work allow me to play now, when I discover the Martin's Univers, and not in a year or more.

I'm very happy to play  at ACOK, now :grin:

I confirm what I say before. Just now, I saw the 5th and 6th episode of 3rd season : lot of twists and turns. :grin:
    I'll must began new characters and continue the story of the others. :wink:
  7. Democrite

Wait for the 0.91 and restore your character with export/import and cheat codes (renown, lords' s relations ...) if you look for that.

But it's only a way to play. For my part, I don't want to recruit Roose Bolton, I play Roose Bolton (or Daenerys, Tyrion, Aragorn, King Arthur...). :wink:

Edit : some pictures

Arya with The Brotherhood without Banner
    mb1rl.jpg

Roose Bolton

mb3tr.jpg

mb4hk.jpg

mb5vc.jpg

And special guest : Aragorn with The Last Days mod
    mb121.png

The 3.13 version of the mod, but still some bugs.

Perfection is not for this world, but you can enjoy anyway. :wink:
  8. Democrite

Letissier said:
    I have a question but didnt feel like spoiling the experince to others.
    Could somebody PM me about the requirements for Aegon to invade? :smile:

No requirements. It's  automatically around 250 days.

9. Democrite

Andromedos said:
    Downloads/ signup numbers alone are not everything. What really matters is the number of people who stick with the game/mod.
    I worked for various game companies, statistics show that only a fraction of the players who sign up to a game actually stick with. 50% sign up once and then never return.
    Of course, this being a mod for a box title, the retention rate is most likely higher, and that the mod is based on a popular franchise certainly improves retention. Still, the really significant info would be to see how long people play the mod, and if they download the next version again.

From a professional viewpoint, I agree with Porkel, bugs that affect the gameplay too strongly should be fixed ASAP, preferably with a hotfix. But since this is not a commercial project, this is ultimately up to Cozur's discretion. I still enjoy the mod, but would enjoy it even more if I could access that elusive prison in Lannisport...

Anyway, a few more bugs:
    -the ocean/water plain sometimes disappears on the worldmap, making the skybox visible where water should be. The bug can be reset sometimes by loading a save file. Not sure what causes it, though.
    - During battles, the skybox sometimes disappears, making the sky all black. At the same time the frame around the HP-interface disappears, leaving only the HP-bars.
    - The village of Red Fork, east of Hornvale and south of the Golden Tooth, seems to be associated to the wrong castle/city. I guess it should belong to Golden Tooth, but it remained in the hands of the Westerlands even after all surrounding cities and castles were conquered.
    It remained an enclave in the newly conquered Riverlands territory Only after conquering Sunset Keep (?) did it change hands.

Edit:
    -The village of Plowman's hill does not have a village elder, just a "merchant's end" NPC. The normal village elder functions are not available.

Speaking of towns, how can I increase the prosperity of my cities?

Ok, so I play the mod since 0.7. I play various characters : Tyrion, Daenerys, Arya, Roose Bloton ... at the same time I read the books and see the HBO serie. Cozur's work allow me to play now, when I discover the Martin's Univers, and not in a year or more.
    The bugs you signal doesn't make the game impossible to play. I mean, you don't have CTD every hour or your  200 days save is corrupt. Try other mods. :wink:
    When he propose a new version, I export/import my characters and if is necessary use cheat codes to restore some things ( renown  , lords relations, rights to rule...). And I'm very happy to discover the new features.

It's my way to play. I think every one could find a way waiting the final version.
    On the other hand, wait a year or more. It's possible with Cozur's work. No one tell anyone to play the beta.

For exemple, I'm a total war player too. The mod call Westeros-Total war began in 2008 ; a  playable beta exist since 1 mai 2009 (poor : few scripts, units ...); since we have only prewiew (last one, Tully House, the 29 avril... :  magnificent  :grin:). I respect too their method.

But I'm very happy to play  at ACOK, now :grin:
  10. Democrite

Hereward said:
    I know if i made a mod i would not listen to short sighted idiots like you Cpt Patrick. Its not enough for you that he puts his free time into this? It's not enough that he will receive no recognition other than our thanks? From what i gather in the pages of this forum he is studying at university to secure himself a decent future. Maybe it's better that he drops everything so you can play a game. Grow up and start thinking.

I just think it's great that Cozur has decided to share this mod with us in the first place. The alternative is that we have two M+B ASOIAF mods in the making with NOTHING to play.

I agree. I supose just like the major part of the 21 233 persons who dl the mod since 15th april (564 today).

Thank you again Cozur. :wink:
  11. Democrite

Cozur said:
    Fixed the private talk bug.

Cozur do the Job. For some siege bugs too. Be a little patient. :???:
  12. Democrite

Porkel said:
    Sure, 20% of your audience will stick with you no matter what; these are the ones protecting you in this thread and vouching for you.
    But the rest 80% are the silent ones, and these guys don't give two ****s as to whether or not you add new content if the game is not playable right now.

I don't know if your calculation is right. But for sure,you can add me in the part wich respect Cozur's work and method. I hope we are now, at least, 21% :wink:
  13. Democrite

Cozur said:
    Fixed the private talk bug.

Great. Thanks a lot. :grin:
  14. Democrite

From what I can tell the diplomatic relationships are mostly frozen. And trust me that's good. Back in 0.8 everyone was at war with everything, it really killed the immersion that the North was allied with the Lannisters and they were beating the crap out of the Riverlands

I completely agree. Thanks Cozur, I'd play since 0.7 and it's much better like this. :smile:

To Diavolo : for my part I play at 100% difficulty (normal dammages for my and friends) so I play, Tyrion, like a vassal of Westerlands. I am at 150 days. I'll see after if I can make my own kingdom.

Edit : Only one thing Cozur. It's possible to increase the visibility of arrows and bolts to improve our shooting ? For now, it's a bit difficult.  :neutral:

Any way, thanks again for your work.
Back
Top Bottom