Why did Talesworld not add slaves ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Because no region has black people in Calradia. It's not part of the lore.
Are you American? Because this comment oozes American education. There is history before America btw.

And no you don't need a major in history, you just need to not be the most dense person I think anyone here has come across online in a VERY long time.

Last edited:
Besides out of all this game lacks and could be implemented the OP wants slavery... So that he can carry more weight and speed up construction. Isn't there a perk already that makes prisoners carry weight? Can't you pay to speed up buildings?

It's clear to me the op is trying to troll out of his own boredom..
OP has 3 other threads on the same page of this board which are all suggestions for mechanics. I wouldn't say they're trolling by suggesting another mechanic, especially when it's one that is mentioned in dialogs and exists in the lore for this game and previous titles in the franchise.

It's a sensitive subject for many and some are getting aggressive because i don't have a major in history.
You made it racial, when in the context of the game it would not be. For the majority of history it also was not racial, but punitive or a matter of convenient supply. One of the most common methods of enslavement around the world was exactly what we've seen in M&B, which is taking prisoners of war. This was even a source of slaves that arrived in America from Africa, as different warring groups would sell their captives to European slave traders. No race has a monopoly on being victims or perpetrators of slavery. The implication that if there were (more) black people in Bannerlord then it would justify a slavery mechanic is race-baiting, and not tolerated on this forum.

There are so many replies that have tried in good faith to educate you on the matter that I won't be deleting any of those posts so far in the thread. I would like to remind people that insults aren't educational, and to refrain from making the situation worse.

Are you American? Because this comment oozes American education.
He may or may not be, but I certainly am. Are we going to go from generalizations about slavery to generalizations about Americans now?

You already have the prisoners which is more or less the same, what i do miss is that there are not settlement such as salt mines or silver mines scattered around the map or in port cities you can sell the prisioner at a better price and so there territories with more interest.
You can even create a new rol: "prisoners" trader

Last edited:
Wouldn't mind having it if you could interact with it meaningfully beyond Warband's take on it. If its literally just the same as some random 'Slave Trader' NPC in the middle of some town, then that's pointless.

Lol I've got more than 2k hours on the game haven't played in months though. Waiting on 1.2 and depending which mods will update I'll give it a try

Can't remember seeing black people in the game though. But ya character customisation allows it so they'll likely in it.

You think the op is suggesting to enslave the sturgians or the kuzaits?
The Jawwal minor faction exists, though I think they suck and TW seems to be under some sort of impression that Bedouin were black or something.

Slavs and Turks, who the Sturgians and Khuzaits are based on, were frequently the subject of slavery, so I dunno why you think that's an absurd idea.

I mean slavery already exists in the game, just not chattel slavery. From my understanding, when you ransom prisoners in towns, you're selling them to a middleman who then sells the prisoners back to their family & friends or someone else who wishes to purchase them as workers or for other nefarious needs. Even if all the ransom brokers in town are actually very good guys that pay out of their pocket to free the captured prisoners, you straight up sell criminals to indentured servitude in the "Landowner needs manual labourers" quest. Let's not forget about the Ghilman who are slave soldiers and the Mameluke troops in Aserai which were real life Turkic & Circassian slave-soldiers that went on to then rule the lands (and the mamluk sultanate occupied basically the same lands as the Aserai does if you squint your eyes and guess where the locations in Calradia are based on real-world geography).

I don't know why the Jawwal are black if they're based on the Bedouins though. Maybe they were supposed to be based on the Sudanese or something and then they changed the lore but not the character models?

Didn't you talk with ransom broker? The era of slavery has passed.
I've never seen such a pointless suggestion before.
So where the ** do u think the prisoners get sold to? If his job is to buy prisoners and sell them mhmmm sounds a lot like a slave trader Hahahh

Although there is a difference between feudal serfdom system and slavery. The game already portrayed in a way or another this aspect. There are plenty more needed additions that could be more beneficial than this.

Also, on the other topic, the word "slave" come from the slav people who were frequently enslaved in the middle age.

Last edited:
Because no region has black people in Calradia. It's not part of the lore.
now that's a stupid take if I know one, the world's history is not the US'... and thanks god for that seeing the lack of education you have. Also it's so racist to think only blacks can be slaves, like wow dude

as for the suggestion I'm all in for the manhunters but I'm not convinced for the carry capacity help, I think something more akin to workshop help or maybe something to do in town. Like you said building power but it should increase wealth as well, at the cost of a rebellion risk

Most of the OP's request is sort of in game already as mentioned (ie 'prisoners', perk bonuses, quest 'laborers').
It would be cool if you could donate to speed up construction (with risk of rebellion mechanic) but honestly, town management being as simple as it is, better off if they just make the buildings/upgrades more like a preset/allocation. You only get a certain number of points/slots (perk/clan tier/governor boosted too maybe) to spread among the buildings to the 'build' your preset for each town/castle how you want.

Now, for sure, there should be manhunters/brigands - maybe the more prisoners remaining in town = high risk they 'escape' and spawn as a roaming party. With manhunters doing similarly as well. Maybe you get some ridiculous OP brigand group (bunch of ECs and winning more prisoner recruits) completely harassing an area, but at least it gives another gameplay dynamic for players deal with. Or if they get big enough/last long enough - become another generic mercenary clan (or rejoin an opposing kingdom); but that's a bigger ask.

OP has 3 other threads on the same page of this board which are all suggestions for mechanics. I wouldn't say they're trolling by suggesting another mechanic, especially when it's one that is mentioned in dialogs and exists in the lore for this game and previous titles in the franchise.

You made it racial, when in the context of the game it would not be. For the majority of history it also was not racial, but punitive or a matter of convenient supply. One of the most common methods of enslavement around the world was exactly what we've seen in M&B, which is taking prisoners of war. This was even a source of slaves that arrived in America from Africa, as different warring groups would sell their captives to European slave traders. No race has a monopoly on being victims or perpetrators of slavery. The implication that if there were (more) black people in Bannerlord then it would justify a slavery mechanic is race-baiting, and not tolerated on this forum.

There are so many replies that have tried in good faith to educate you on the matter that I won't be deleting any of those posts so far in the thread. I would like to remind people that insults aren't educational, and to refrain from making the situation worse.

He may or may not be, but I certainly am. Are we going to go from generalizations about slavery to generalizations about Americans now?
I really appreciate this response and I am in no way trolling, all my posts are just suggestions on mechanics I think the game could apply with low cost and somewhat low effort as slaves technically are already in the game but I think devs just wanna protect the rating system they have so they don’t use the words slaves or impel that they’re are slaves . If this post gets to serious I can delete the post entirely as I don’t wanna look like a troll or have toxic arguments about race cause slaves are not a certain race .

Most of the OP's request is sort of in game already as mentioned (ie 'prisoners', perk bonuses, quest 'laborers').
It would be cool if you could donate to speed up construction (with risk of rebellion mechanic) but honestly, town management being as simple as it is, better off if they just make the buildings/upgrades more like a preset/allocation. You only get a certain number of points/slots (perk/clan tier/governor boosted too maybe) to spread among the buildings to the 'build' your preset for each town/castle how you want.

Now, for sure, there should be manhunters/brigands - maybe the more prisoners remaining in town = high risk they 'escape' and spawn as a roaming party. With manhunters doing similarly as well. Maybe you get some ridiculous OP brigand group (bunch of ECs and winning more prisoner recruits) completely harassing an area, but at least it gives another gameplay dynamic for players deal with. Or if they get big enough/last long enough - become another generic mercenary clan (or rejoin an opposing kingdom); but that's a bigger ask.
Yes sir !

Pure lodgic says that Beduins under the Sahara sun should be darker then those of the other side of the mediterranean. Never been there myself.
Yes, and there are some very dark skinned Bedouins.

But look at that first Jawwal unit and tell me that's supposed to be a bedouin and not some sort of Zulu warrior stereotype. They're all like sub saharan tribal sorts that run fast and **** and it's utterly stupid.

Probably to avoid controversy, I would love to play slaver or escaped slave both are great rp but people get butthurt easily.

Back
Top Bottom