<> OCEANIC CAMPAIGN I: OFFICIAL THREAD <>

Users who are viewing this thread

Matt59Red said:
Laszlo said:
Sidenote: Wow, hang on, just realised civil wars (but not rebellions) are 100% possible. Leaders need to be very careful about who they appoint as generals.

Wait lazlo, do you mean generals can actually betray, wow thats a shock lol.

I think he means vassals.

Doomicus said:
Sushiman said:
Also, Doom, Go ahead and schedule it for Thursday at 8PM Aus time/6PM NZ time.

Sure you can't do it Wednesday?

I have all confirmations for Wednesday and a few people just told me they can't for thurs.

Let me know.

Suck it up, it's not like you aren't the biggest clan in the campaign.

Your alliance has more numbers than Dojo and KEEN together so please, shut it.

We suggested a time and you changed it. I opt for a solution, you yet again reply with such nonsense.

Wednesday 8pm EST.

I'm saying that you can easily muster the required number of people for Thursday. A few off ~15 people still leaves ~10, and since the match only requires 7, I'd say you're in luck.

Sushiman said:
I'm saying that you can easily muster the required number of people for Thursday. A few off ~15 people still leaves ~10, and since the match only requires 7, I'd say you're in luck.
You should seriously consider banning yourself.  You are actually a threat to this forum's well-being.

Bottle said:
Matt59Red said:
Laszlo said:
Sidenote: Wow, hang on, just realised civil wars (but not rebellions) are 100% possible. Leaders need to be very careful about who they appoint as generals.

Wait lazlo, do you mean generals can actually betray, wow thats a shock lol.

I think he means vassals.

No, I mean generals.

Alec{zacool} said:

Not both. Not unless the dominant state is foolish enough to grant the vassal power to trade hexes without approval. But I can't ever see that happening. It's like a free ticket to rebellion.

superhit1000 said:
*Shifty eyes*

Yeah, shifty eyes all right!

Hold on... A general betraying his leader? I think a better question would be, would this sort of thing happen outside of the campaign? If anyone in my clan had designs on my title, I would kick them out straight away.

War is my speciality. I can't wait to enter my clan* in this campaign.

*When it's made of course... :razz:

Laszlo said:
nf40v8.jpg

ofq6o7.jpg

The Knights of the South hereby create the Auxiliaries of the South, and reserve full power over them exerciseable by the KoS Leader and Generals.

As General of KoS I offer AoS the following hexes:

G2
G4
H1
H3

Subject to the condition that the AoS submit their resulting kingdom to KoS as a vassal-state.

As effective General of AoS I accept these conditions.

ofq6o7.jpg

nf40v8.jpg

This was done under aproval from KoS leadership btw, since Laszlo isn't actually a general he wasn't supposed to vassalize them.

Also: I would like to remove KoS_NN as general and place KoS_Laszlo in his place as general. Just so we don't have this problem again. Unless it is possible to have 3 generals?​

Scorch! said:
Laszlo said:
nf40v8.jpg

ofq6o7.jpg

The Knights of the South hereby create the Auxiliaries of the South, and reserve full power over them exerciseable by the KoS Leader and Generals.

As General of KoS I offer AoS the following hexes:

G2
G4
H1
H3

Subject to the condition that the AoS submit their resulting kingdom to KoS as a vassal-state.

As effective General of AoS I accept these conditions.

ofq6o7.jpg

nf40v8.jpg

This was done under aproval from KoS leadership btw, since Laszlo isn't actually a general he wasn't supposed to vassalize them.

Also: I would like to remove KoS_NN as general and place KoS_Laszlo in his place as general. Just so we don't have this problem again. Unless it is possible to have 3 generals?

Aah, I wouldn't want to change the rules purely for my own clan's convenience. If I'm struggling to keep track of who's a general already then increasing the limit may be a bad idea.​

KoS Offensive!

Hex I8

We would like a good amount for the battle. 10 v 10? Or can you guys organize more?

BOTTLESHOP OFFENSIVE!

innkeeper_logo2.jpg

The armies of Bottle have attacked hex bottleshop!​

Hey Lazlo,

Just had a bit of an idea for the campaign, looking at it there are alot of hex's but really they dont have any strategic value (aside form the possibility of limiting an enemy kingdoms movements). Would you be open to a system where hex's confer resources or bonuses or something?

Its just at the current pace the campaign will continue into eternity and really a strong clan wont be kicked out since 1. They can decide the number of fighters/match and 2. Even if they only have their castle hex left it makes little different to thier defensive/offensive capabilities.

Probly wont be able to implement them now but if you open to it id like to talk to you about some ideas for the next campaign? Which should make things a bit more fun and taking/defending a hex will actually mean something aside from braggin rights.

I think double matches like the one we're about to do with Dojo would be a good idea. You attack a Hex, you defend a hex. Eliminates turtling for the most part and means hex's would change hands more often. Also means events last a little longer.
Doomicus said:
Sushiman said:
SPLH formally challenge Dojo for territory co-ords J-9.
Size: 7v7
Factions:???:
Time:???:

7v7
Dojo defending as - Swadia
SPLH attacking as ??
Wednesday 5th may 8pm EST?
Dojo's offensive will be towards hex A4
7v7
SPLH defending as - ???
Dojo as attackers - pending your decision
Straight after our defence of Dojo lands

Both matches being best of 11 rounds
.​

Sorry it took us so long to confirm. We're good to do Wednesday, 8pm EST. We might even be able to field a full SPLH team for a change.

SPLH Attack:
7v7
Dojo defending our hex as - Swadia
SPLH attacking as - Rhodok
Wednesday 5th may 8pm EST

SPLH Defense:
7v7
SPLH defending as - Rhodok
Dojo as attackers - ??

Rawr_Calis said:
Hey Lazlo,

Just had a bit of an idea for the campaign, looking at it there are alot of hex's but really they dont have any strategic value (aside form the possibility of limiting an enemy kingdoms movements). Would you be open to a system where hex's confer resources or bonuses or something?

Its just at the current pace the campaign will continue into eternity and really a strong clan wont be kicked out since 1. They can decide the number of fighters/match and 2. Even if they only have their castle hex left it makes little different to thier defensive/offensive capabilities.

Probly wont be able to implement them now but if you open to it id like to talk to you about some ideas for the next campaign? Which should make things a bit more fun and taking/defending a hex will actually mean something aside from braggin rights.

Hey Calis,

I suppose the real reason there aren't strategic resources is that most clanners want the outcome of battles to be determined by the teamwork and skill of a clan.

The campaign is more of a ladder, and a record of clan battles, than a true boardgame. But I'm of course happy to talk about features and the possible implementation thereof. The best thing to do is catch me on mumble purely because talking about it is so much easier, discussing rules involves a looooot of typing. :smile:

no problems, we at rawr use teamspeak atm but im happy to install mumble and have a chat with you and the Kos fellas sometime.

Back
Top Bottom