Custom Settlement Screenshots

Users who are viewing this thread

Zerfei said:
@Crroatian:  i didn't know this game  :shock: but i admit, i am inspired at the "Astérix" BD for my town  :oops:
The tree house makes it look more Asterix than Evil Islands. Perhaps you can use the arena dummies to put a bard there :smile:
Should we get a roman style city I can put them next to each other...

Going by numbers I would say there are enough houses but you can check that best when you walk through it with the peasants walking around (and the guards standing around).

@Boosh: Looking good

@Liquidninja: I thought about it, I also thought I could try to make a dungeon city complete underground and name it "Dungeon 51" :cool:

@ Liquidninja. Thanks for your help. I had to re-install my video drivers. Apparently Windows 7's drivers are just a teensy bit unstable.

@ Berpol: Thanks! I have a few more updates that I'll post later.

I don't know if someone has the same problem that me but it's a little annoying:

You can see, i have painting this volcano with snow texture and i have adding white color (the maximum that i can) but i have always green color in some parts of the terrain (few yellow too). I don't know how to remove it. Maybe it's impossible..
It looks like the original color of the terrain.
Sorry if there are already an aswer, i have searched, but i have nothing found.

Ps: To not posting for only one question, here, one house modified:
Only one, maybe two with stone for keep a some logic at the e1.
Otherwise, i have found the smoke effect for the volcano (battlefield smoke), but someone know the effect of the "empty" object?
Nothing passing (good word?) when i use it.

Zerfei said:
...but i have always green color in some parts of the terrain (few yellow too).

Looks like an opacity issue to me. Here's what I would recommend doing: Repaint all of the white snow with the brown terrain you used for the rest of the mountain, while making sure that the sliders for opacity is on full. So that is is perfectly brown. Then select your snow terrain (also on full opacity) to paint the tip of the mountain, and reduce opacity as you move down the mountain for a natural "receding" effect for the snow.

Painting snow terrain can sometimes result in a few issues, especially on un-even surfaces. Depending on the camera angle you're painting from, I find that the terrain sometimes doesn't "stick" quite right. So it is generally a good idea to keep the base of the terrain you are painting snow the color you would imagine the land to be if the snow melted away.

As for the "empty" objects? There are a lot of objects that I've tried (and failed) to find out exactly what they do. Some objects only work at night (even if not explicitly stated in the object name), while others only modify other objects around them. If you are really curious about how things work, the best thing I find is to preview the object at night, with a known object (like a barrel or something) near it to see how your "unknown" affects other things.

Let me know if I wasn't clear on anything. :smile:

Unfortunately, it's always the same problem. I have completly painted with path texture, we can see green color, of course when i make more darks colors, it's better, but always here. With the snow texture still more because it's a color more light. i have maked some tests like desert texture in my town, same problem.

I have used the snow texture for create ash, i have thinked that it will be the best texture, and modify some parts with gray color.
Maybe i should modify all texture in the scene.txt with snow texture, because it will be easier to replace with another texture after.

Are the texture of terrain and the texture that we add, keep some tracks (impossible to delete)?
It's i'm thinking.

Edit: I try this solution and now it's good, of course i have a lot of texture remplaced by the snow. I can work now  :razz:
Thanks anyway Liquidninja  :smile:

I'm happy that you got it all sorted out:

"Zerfei - Problem Solver!" :wink:
Thanks a lot :smile: but i have an other problem for you  :???:
I have saved my game and Mount and Blade has crashed :'( when i tried to load the town... the game crash. Same problem when i try a new game, the problem come to e1m1 file.
Are there any solution? (the file was 1.09Mo, it's a problem?)
I lost a lot of things but i've an other old savegame but it's very very annoying :/

The volcano some hours before the crash, less beautiful... but i think that i have finished... :

Sorry for all my problems...

Some cities out of custom settlements that I'm adding to my tweaked native expansion 550.

More cities from custom settlements that I want to add.

I have gotten 16 cities replaced still have to change peoples positions yet, not replacing Tihr or Wercheg.  :grin:

F1zzzy said:
where can i download this mod can someone give me link pretty pls?

Well, it's a very exclusive mod, but I guess we can share it with you  :cool:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,68400.0.html

Edit: @ Zerfei: 1.09mb is large, but since there have been scenes at 0.5mb or larger, that shouldn't be the issue. I actually have no idea why there are all the crashes! Are you using the "Scene Editing Mode" via the settlement menu? You need to have cheats enabled to see it. The only thing I can say are the suggestions I gave to Boosh on crashes :razz: But perhaps some one else can shed light on this. I wish you the best of luck.

@liquidninja, yes, i always use the "Scene Editing mode" :smile: and i have tried the suggestions that you gave to Boosh but i have always this problem. My drivers are ok, and i think that my computer isn't too old :p

Now my file does 1.14mb and when i put some grass or stone ball ( or some a same elements) and i save the game, M&B crashes, of course the file is dead.
But it's very strange because, i got this problem when the file does 1.09mb (and more) and i remeber that i have put a lot of grass at this moment.
I'm afraid to add something :p
Anyway, the grass are my obsession. For the environnement it's more realist to add a lot of grass especially when i see a forest, at the feet of trees it's shocking without grass, even if i add just some plants, it's empty without grass :wink:
I hope we can put infinity elements otherwise i will remove a lot of grass and the stones of a house.

I have took with and without graphical Enhancement (resources and textures), i have seen that the "village" texture is very different.
Should i put the "path' texture for people don't use the GE?

With GE 2.5:

Without GE 2.5:

Zerfei said:
@liquidninja, yes, i always use the "Scene Editing mode" :smile: and i have tried the suggestions that you gave to Boosh but i have always this problem. My drivers are ok, and i think that my computer isn't too old :p
I have took with and without graphical Enhancement (resources and textures), i have seen that the "village" texture is very different.
Should i put the "path' texture for people don't use the GE?

Hey Zerfei: Sorry I cannot offer a possible solution this time :razz: I am at a loss to why it crashes! However, regarding the issue of the textures, since GE is not officially integrated into the mod, it is probably better to paint your textures for non-GE. Or else people with vanilla M&B who just install custom settlements will become very confused by the miracle of crops growing out of the cobblestone paths :smile:.

No problem :smile: and thanks for all your help.
I'll follow your suggestions :smile:
Maybe at later when i'll have done the rest.

"I'm Always thank you for reading my post in spite of my humble English."

I'm sorry for confusing category.
I deleted what is in wrong place and repost this post here.

(1 - moved post)

During making city, I fell 'little' bored, and I tried to find some fresh work.
It's why I post screenshot although my work is not finished.  :mrgreen:

- City Name : Rosengard
- Work : 60% Completed

10% : not completed scene(inner castle, fishing village, ... )
+10% : dungeon interior, fixing cracks, re-touching ...
+10% : Making AI Mesh

+10% : 'UN'developing my city for other 8 city scene.  :mad:

<Finished Work>
- dungeon part (not interior)
- guard posts (to conneting dungeon part and city.)
- Light House
- Many things.

--------------------

<Screenshots>

----------

<map>
[Rosengard] - 60% completed
rosengardmap01p.png

Map description(1) - Area
rosengardmap2.jpg

Map description(2) - Moving Line/Dungeon Area/Guard Post
rosengardmap03.jpg

Red - Moving Line (hidden and battlement ways are not included.)
Blue - Dungeon Area (including corridor)
Sky - Tree part of Main Dungeon Area (Left -> right : 1) soldier's area 2) soldier/market warehouse Area 3) Keep's Area (for general/servant and maid/Academy students)
Green - Guard Posts

**I forgot to draw the moving line the top of left, connecting windmill and stock farming area. the battlement is opened for entering cattle or livestock.

----------

<Scene - The Underworld ; dungeon overview>
rosengarddungeonv.png

<Scene - Entry>
Entry(1)
rosengardentry.png

If you ride a horse into the castle through the bridge, you can see stable on the right side. just keep your horse there.

Left side, you can see two door and house what looks like ticket window.(house extension-e) 
that is guard post. It's the way to the dungeon. (or prison for criminal)

Entry(2)
rosengardentry2.png

It's corridor what connect trading area and inner castle.

**inner castle have only one Main gate ; (except through keep area or dungeon)

Entry(3)
rosengardentry3.png

It's gate of trading area

----------

<Scene - Town>

Trading Area
rosengardtown1.png

Stock Farming Area
rosengardtown2.png

Left side - you can see one man. he is horse merchant. if you enter left door, you can see horses.
Right side - base for cattle(or sheep) you can see fire of Lighthouse too. (but structure under the fire, that is NOT lighthouse. it's gate to connect seaport and stockfarming area.)

Tavern
rosengardtavern.png

Tavern in trading and sea port Area.

----------

<Scene ect>
the fire of a lighthouse (The fire burned by oil) and one of four guardian swords.
rosengardscene.png

The sword has background story.

Paul Hunt who was a lord of this castle, and his four loyal knights loved his daughter Elien Hunt.
When castle making is finished, he renamed his castle Rosengard, and the knights swore an oath of loyalty to her.

The proof of the oath, the kights dedicated their swords to the castle.

this sword is one of them.

Stock Farming Area / Trading Area
rosengardscene2.png

Overview of the Keep
rosengardscene3k.png

the bottom of right side, you can see a gate. it connected dungeon part directly. you can see 'dungeon direction - a'

---
I'll continue the work. I guess it takes 10~15 days.
I'm not sure I'll post screenshots or not when my work is finished. Posting screenshot was hard job(uploading time was so long) and they are not show every thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
(2 - New reply for davecheeney)

nice job - great scenery. I think I would get lost wandering in that castle so make some obvious indicators of how to exit.

Suggestion on the sword story - change the hero's name to "Mike Hunt"

thank you for reply and advice, davecheeney  :wink:

I considered main road is easy to find the way. (because Maingate to inner castle is only one ; and if you just follow 'a big road(or covered stone(castle battlement h - barrier)', you can go to south(riverside) or north(landside).

but you go into the dungeon, or hidden way (for example, I build ways between dual battlement or below building.) you would get lost. (RPG role ; you have to get lost your way in dungeon. It's concept! :mrgreen:)

and village... I'll find some way to notice exit. ^^;

ps1. Mike Hunt...is who?  :cool:
Is it more suitable name for who loves his daughter so much?  :mrgreen:

ps2. I added some screenshots for you.

<Scene - On the world>

Trading area(sea part)
rgard01.png

market place and village. right side you can see tavern.
- almost completed
- have to do : re-touching, making road

Lighthouse and fishing village.
rgard02.png

- not completed
- I'll fill some house and wooden way on fishing village

Church Area
rgard03.png

church and hostel(right side ; manor in game)
- almost completed
- have to do : put trees and some objects for interior

the Great Well
rgard04.png

It's in Keep area.
you can find it's base in 'destroyed castle' category.
- almost completed
- have to do : put banner on the well, battlement, keep.

<Scene - Under the world(dungeon part)>

water supply(1)
rgard05.png

It's motived by some roman and greek historic site.
- completed

water supply(2)
rgard06.png

- small pond. one of experimental scenes. you can find many experimental scenes my city.
- completed

Strategy Room
rgard07.png

- almost completed
- I need some object!! (patchments, ink, feather pen, and... Stratege Map instead of books!  :mad:)
- and soldier manequins.  (not 3 man of arena scene :wink:)
- the desks in room(?) is for messenger, military staff, and clerical staff.

This is a picture I took last night for TWCenter's M&B Picture of the Month contest. Since it is Custom Settlements, I felt I should post it here as well.

This is Shiverglen (I didn't make it).

mountblade2009-09-0402-02-04-17.jpg

Benz282 said:
This is a picture I took last night for TWCenter's M&B Picture of the Month contest. Since it is Custom Settlements, I felt I should post it here as well.

This is Shiverglade (I didn't make it).

mountblade2009-09-0402-02-04-17.jpg

Wow! That is an amazing picture! Thank you for sharing - got any more? :wink:

Some more.

Again, none of the settlements shown are ones I made (I gotta give props to everyone who's made settlements - some of them are just unbelievable).

mountblade2009-09-0501-46-49-89.jpg

mountblade2009-09-0501-51-43-70.jpg

mountblade2009-09-0501-55-34-06.jpg

mountblade2009-09-0501-57-54-29.jpg

mountblade2009-09-0502-01-42-56.jpg

Back
Top Bottom