Custom Settlement Screenshots

Users who are viewing this thread

It's getting pretty ****ing hard to connect the two sides of the wall with the gate (and make it look good). So my production is halted until I can find a way around it.

You think that was hard to align the two gates with... Even now I'm not sure if these are aligned

From the entry, Yes, those a freaking huge gates. I like the crown at the top. Adds a certain grandness, as if it didn't have it already.
mbgoliath.jpg

Here you can see the ascent stairs (You can actually get a horse up them, you might need it later), the land there will be two battles, tell me, which side do you think the upper class should sit, behind the defenders or behind the attackers (I personally think behind the defenders). Thats me on a horse, can you see me?
mbgoliath1.jpg

Stuffed screenshot. Anyway, Heres a view from up top, thats a sofa and railing. Railings will surround these holes, as will seating/tables and other things.
mbgoliath2.jpg

Stairway to heaven (Just realised they all have sun at the top, sorry)
mbgoliath3.jpg

View of the top
mbgoliath4.jpg

Nother angle
mbgoliath5.jpg

Ive only added a but of housing up top. I plan on this place being pretty greeble intensive, not sure if that will cause much lag or not. Expect to find alot of surprises and hidden jokes in this, if you saw my other one with the apple, I plan lots of that sort of thing here.

Like the Khergit area? Damn Immigrants.

Im designing it to be a pain in the ass to siege/fun to defend. Thats if Wicked does a really good job on .7 (Sieges) and lets us choose squads and entry points before the siege.

I didn't make any screenies but my new settlement is part of the new add-on.
It didn't come out as I wanted but I was too far along in the work to make the necessary changes - and please ignore the black helmet, I was goofing around... :cool:

Griskard said:
I put a black helmet in mine too. It had a crossbow bolt stuck in its forehead. What did you do with yours?
Download the add-on, upgrade to e2m2 and ride to the right along the border and you will see :razz:

This weekend I wanted to try to add the longship from Ruthwen and James. Those of you who played the old Pirates mod might remember it.
While I had no problem adding it the ship just does not look right to me with it's blowing sail. I know there is another ship already in the native files but I have to look for it.

Sorry, no screen shot for now.

I got back home yesterday and I'm continuing work on my settlement. Working on the AI mesh now so there's not much new to show you.

Here's one picture, nothing new but still interesting
This is what awaits those who fall into a fiery doom
mb112.png
After following me into the volcano they died like this

Cool thanks!
Im making a castle in Icengard.
In order to have the enemies to come to my castle in a siege I need to put the keep next to the castle correct?

I tried to add some boats to Stoneport to see how it looks. The original files for M&B already include two models so I activated these:

boat1.jpg

boat2.jpg

boat3.jpg

boat4.jpg

As you can see the original boat is a bit small but it does not look that bad when enlarged, only the lines appear a bit thick. The problem is that there are no physical objects attached making it possible to just walk through. To use these without modifications (that I'm unable to do) it would be necessary to add barriers so the character can't enter the boat or to add them at a place he already can't enter. A boat might look good with some additional arena dummies far out at the sea.

Well, the best solution would be to take the ships from mirathei's sea battles. Or else, make someone model a ship! (don't look at me)

Rize said:
Well, the best solution would be to take the ships from mirathei's sea battles. Or else, make someone model a ship! (don't look at me)
I just wanted to see what is possible without adding big elaborate ships (mirathei's are superb) and these two models are already in the basic M&B files. They would only be needed to make harbor cities look better and they can be included by adding two lines to the module files.

yea, i agree, i think ships would have made esgaroth a way better settelment, i was gonna make some myself using different scene props, but ships would have been way better

Back
Top Bottom