SP Medieval New Mod: “Europa - 1300 AD” (Updates, see page 39+40)

Should I change the direction of the mod (see page 19 for details)?

• Go for it and God speed!

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • What the hell were you thinking? Shut up and get back to work!

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Deei said:
Wow! I am sure it will be very nice. I can not wait it... Keep up the good work  :mrgreen:

Thank you for the support.

And now for some new screenshots:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
King Philip IV of France watches an approaching English force​

screennew33fd5.jpg
screennew34mz7.jpg
screennew35za2.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Emperor Henry VII of the Holy Roman Empire​

screennew36tc1.jpg
A battle between English and Scottish armies​

screennew37ca2.jpg
screennew38bz6.jpg
screennew39nx5.jpg
screennew40fj6.jpg
screennew41bz6.jpg
screennew42tm9.jpg
screennew43zk9.jpg
screennew44xw1.jpg
screennew45dq3.jpg
screennew46qz0.jpg
screennew47my7.jpg
screennew48pl5.jpg
screennew49vr2.jpg

The screenshots for the battle are a work in progress but I wanted to put some of the new items in game and apply them to armies.  A few native items managed to slip through but for the most part, the uniforms are almost all new.  New helmets and weapons have yet to be added, and even as of now there are about 4-5 items for the English and the Scots that are not pictured here. 

So, with those up, please, I'd love to hear some feedback - comments, questions, anything. 

A comment on the formations:
The battle was a battle between two armies with myself as a neutral observer (I sat off to the side to watch to the two have at it). 

What I noticed is that the formations look fantastic in game and really give the illusion of armies in combat as opposed to unorganized war bands.  On the other hand, the actual collision and melee that follows is rather odd.  Looking from third person, it really resembles a coordinated ballet, and a cautious one at that. 

It did cause some tactical decisions by the ai, though.  For example, when the English reinforced, the soldiers already fighting the Scots made a very organized retreat to join the reinforcements (which was a major reason the English won this battle).  On the other hand, the "ballet" as I call it caused the two armies not to deploy units to their full potential.  Heavy infantry on both sides, who could have been a very decisive, were retrained and moved with the pivoting formation.  Had the Scottish heavy infantry simply broke rank and rushed the English the battle would have resulted in a Scottish victory. 

At a simple glance, though, it was fairly balanced.  Of course, I haven't really edited the troops stats, but it was better balanced that I thought.  In a battle with 234 English fighting 236 Scots, the English survived with only about 50 troops, a small margin given the major tactical errors committed by the Scots. 

I'll have to see how that develops. 

Cheers. 

wow, great screenshots  :grin:
and a first picture of the Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire. Two questions: do you have any screenshots from the germans, yet? I'm really excited to see how they will look like  :smile:
and: the water looks a little bit to green, is this only because of the screenshots or did you modify something?
Keep on working, man! It looks impressive

Duuuude nice screenies! What I'd advise you to do is use weapons that shine a good amount and look like beautiful steel etc. (a good amount of other Medieval-Era type mods have an AMAZING amount of these). The textures for the different armors and stuff on the other mods like this are great, and if you just add the textures in, it'll kick ass xD

Skot the Sanguine said:
Screenies look great :smile:.  Formations are a pain.  I have yet to see any truly work "right" in this game and any change is probably an improvement over default.

Yes, formations are troublesome, but I do think they are necessary in some form for the period.  After all, they did move and fight in formations.  Hopefully they will be an improvement, though.

Thanks for the signature, by the way. 

scr-master said:
wow, great screenshots  :grin:
and a first picture of the Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire. Two questions: do you have any screenshots from the germans, yet? I'm really excited to see how they will look like  :smile:
and: the water looks a little bit to green, is this only because of the screenshots or did you modify something?
Keep on working, man! It looks impressive

Thanks for the support.

To answer your first question: I do have a few textures done for the Germans/Holy Roman Empire.  I mainly have the tunics for the knights done.  As much as I'd like to show them to you, the helmets I had in mind are still permission pending, and I'm trying to avoid showing too many screenshots were they items are permission pending. 

I do move around on the textures a lot, so hopefully some time in the near future I can show you examples of the Holy Roman Empire.

To answer your second question, I'm not using any graphical alterations or different textures for the landscapes.  Looking at the screenshots they do look a little green, but I'd have to guess it has to do with the screenshots. 

Al_Mansur said:
Very nice but Philippe IV of France, "Philippe Le Bel", was blond.

Was he?  I've mainly been using this picture as my reference:

Philippe_IV_Le_Bel.jpg

That's what I've been using for inspiration for his uniform and his facial features.  As you can see the lighting makes it difficult to decipher the hair color in the painting, which I interpreted as dark brown. 

Another painting I've seen of him shows the same hair style, only the depiction is black and white, so again it would be difficult to find the hair color.

My understanding of his name "Le Bel" "The Fair" is that is comes from his handsome, clean cut appearance, although many sources on the internet contradict themselves or are unreliable. 

If you have any picture references or written material that suggests his hair color I'll certainly change it to reflect that.  Thanks for bringing that up. 

GodsHand said:
Duuuude nice screenies! What I'd advise you to do is use weapons that shine a good amount and look like beautiful steel etc. (a good amount of other Medieval-Era type mods have an AMAZING amount of these). The textures for the different armors and stuff on the other mods like this are great, and if you just add the textures in, it'll kick ass xD

Thank you very much for the support.  I will certainly look into shiny weapons, and by the time the mod is finished hopefully there will be a good variety of eye-appealing weapons (and hopefully they are just as practical as they are aesthetically pleasing). 

Please develop this mod!
(are you sure the crown is of accurate design?  In my impression crowns of that era had a "roof")
(also, if you could name the accurate name of "Roman Empire" to the empire of Constantinople, that would be great, considering that the lineage of Caesars has been continuous there.  Rome fell twice (410 and 476), but the Imperial capital has been moved to Constantinople in the East and Ravenna in the West.  Ravenna didn't even fall in 476 and Odoacer ruled as vassal of the Roman Emperor in Constantinople.  "Byzantine Empire" is a word coined by some German guy in the 1800s.)

Hippotoxotai said:
are you sure the crown is of accurate design?  In my impression crowns of that era had a "roof"

Lol, the crowns look like the paper Burger King hats you get when its your birthday in the little kids meal.

Hippo, this mod is featured for 1300 AD. The Western Roman Empire is long gone, and the Eastern Empire was on the verge of complete collapse.

Personnally I see that he is blond on your picture reference.

Here other pics:
hommage.jpg
Hommage_of_Edward_I_to_Philippe_le_Bel.jpg

And written sources:
"Il devait son surnom à sa haute stature, à ses traits réguliers, à sa chevelure blonde " ("He owed his nickname to [...] his blond hair")
http://www.larousse.fr/ref/personnage/Philippe-IV-le-Bel_137969.htm

"Ils sont tous d’accord pour dire qu’il était beau, blanc et blond" ("They (his contemporaries) are all agreed to say that [...] he was blond")
http://www.mediterranee-antique.info/Moyen_Age/Langlois/Cap_21.htm

:wink:

Hippotoxotai said:
Please develop this mod!

It will be developed, I can assure you of that. 

omzdog said:
Hippotoxotai said:
are you sure the crown is of accurate design?  In my impression crowns of that era had a "roof"
Lol, the crowns look like the paper Burger King hats you get when its your birthday in the little kids meal.

Well the crown is actually Ursca's work, not something I designed, and it my opinion it's one of the better crown designs floating around Taleworlds.  The problem is that is was not really meant to sit on a head of hair so it will probably need to be modified. 

Hippotoxotai said:
(also, if you could name the accurate name of "Roman Empire" to the empire of Constantinople, that would be great, considering that the lineage of Caesars has been continuous there.

I wasn't sure if titles were going to be included in the mod, and figured lords would be referred to by their first title and their name, in this case, Emperor Andronikos II Palaiologos.

Al_Mansur said:
Here other pics:

And written sources:

:wink:

That works for me.  He shall have his hair color changed.  Thanks for that.     

Thanks for the support, all. 

The new pictures are good I think the crown definitely needs a cap or something to make it less burgerking... I feel that it is headed in the right direction as far as detail and coloration go . Consider perhaps adding more than one type of uniform per person ,with the exception of characters, so that they don't look similar ... I know that is partially the point but I mean in texture and dirtiness and other things like that possibly even stature I don't know... It is an incomplete thought but do with it what you will ... everything looks grand so far.

Thomas Did-a-Ms.and a Mrs said:
The new pictures are good I think the crown definitely needs a cap or something to make it less burgerking... I feel that it is headed in the right direction as far as detail and coloration go . Consider perhaps adding more than one type of uniform per person ,with the exception of characters, so that they don't look similar ... I know that is partially the point but I mean in texture and dirtiness and other things like that possibly even stature I don't know... It is an incomplete thought but do with it what you will ... everything looks grand so far.

ROFL less "Burger King" that's good. Welcome to the forums btw, never got to introduce myself. I'm GodsHand but you can call me Ganon  :cool: xD. Anyway, I think you'll be a great addition to the forum if you're already this funny =D

I have depressing news for you ...I'm not actually that funny :cry: some one else made the burger king hat comment and I was just recommenting it. Anyway I actually like the look of that particular Crown its just as soon as someone says burger king my head explodes. historically acurate or not.

I have depressing news for you ...I'm not actually that funny :cry: some one else made the burger king hat comment and I was just recommenting it. Anyway I actually like the look of that particular Crown its just as soon as someone says burger king my head explodes. historically acurate or not.

Lol =D it's fine. Anyway have you ever noticed that on the top of all your posts it says "Thomas Did-aMs.and a Mrs on (date and time here)"?? I found it pretty funny xD

Try'in ta steal ma joke eh? Boy 'Iz outta teach you a ley'son.  :mad:
*opens can o' whoop ass*

Lurdze said:
To be honest, the Arena/Tournament helms need to see much more action in mods. I personally find them to be the best looking helmets -Ever-. They don't have bad stats either...
Try to look for photos from Tower of London museum. Then try to compare those Arena/Tournament helms with the real helms. You'll see the difference. People! There are millions of historical documents on the web. I'm not a moder, but I'm a member of a "historical reconstruction club". We make costumes, armour and weapons (of steel, not plastic) to attend festivals, to participate in bugurts, tournaments. So in my opinion it's not very difficult to make a historically authentic set of armour. Just find the right source of information. (not hollywood movies or anime or lordoftherings) Bythway the MnB jousts are complete fiction. Hope smbody smday will make a real jousting mod.
P.S. MnB is a dreamcometrue! Great thanx to all the moders! Begging pardon for my english ))

Back
Top Bottom