SWORD OF DAMOCLES - GOLD - V4.5 BETA DOWNLOAD

Do you experience unusual crashes during battles? (when you set high battlesize and find such battle

• A lot! I can't play!

Votes: 222 35.2%
  • Quite often, but it's playable.

Votes: 176 27.9%
  • Very little or no crashes!

Votes: 233 36.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirror on rapidshare:

2 files first 190 MB second 10 MB

http://rapidshare.com/files/347709745/Sword_of_Damocles_-_Gold_V4.5_beta.7z.001
http://rapidshare.com/files/347880034/Sword_of_Damocles_-_Gold_V4.5_beta.7z.002

The mod is great (thanks Vonmistont!) but I felt that it lacks some features, maybe the Conquest mod could be merged into SOD.

The siege battles, it is still the "Road to Hell" kind of battle with only one ladder for everyone to cramp on and get slaughter...Conquest mod seige battles have more ladders, even battles with a siege tower has a ladder and you can choose to either wait or charge up the ladder without waiting for the tower to attack the walls.

And also the kingdom patrols, roaming jobless mercenaries and increased party of outlaws/raiders/bandits etc. will make the mod even more interesting.

But SOD battles are most tougher, the AI is stronger they usually just find a high spot and wait for you to attack them and archers are deadly!!! Kept getting shot to death while waiting for the damn tower to attack the walls.

Hopefully Vonmistont will merge the Conquest mod into SOD maybe in the final version? I know it will be hard work but I will wait patiently for it. XD

Thanks to Vonmistont again.

royfang said:
The mod is great (thanks Vonmistont!) but I felt that it lacks some features, maybe the Conquest mod could be merged into SOD.

The siege battles, it is still the "Road to Hell" kind of battle with only one ladder for everyone to cramp on and get slaughter...Conquest mod siege battles have more ladders, even battles with a siege tower has a ladder and you can choose to either wait or charge up the ladder without waiting for the tower to attack the walls.

And also the kingdom patrols, roaming jobless mercenaries and increased party of outlaws/raiders/bandits etc. will make the mod even more interesting.

But SOD battles are most tougher, the AI is stronger they usually just find a high spot and wait for you to attack them and archers are deadly!!! Kept getting shot to death while waiting for the damn tower to attack the walls.

Hopefully Vonmistont will merge the Conquest mod into SOD maybe in the final version? I know it will be hard work but I will wait patiently for it. XD

Thanks to Vonmistont again.

Well you could really do it yourself by downloading Lords And Realms siege ladder project.. It`s a minimod that gives you an extra ladder when besieging castles.. and 2 extra ladders when besieging towns :]

Yamchu said:
_8Silver8_, still in the CharExport  folder

That is very weird. They definitely don't go into the CharExport folder (I have looked, believe me), but if I export a lvl 10 character, go on to lvl 11 and then import, it goes back to 10. So the data is stored somewhere. I can see hidden folders/files.

I have only one file in the CharExport folders, and that's char_export.txt

And btw, thanks for the awesome mod, vonMistont. I'm sorry I never pulled through on that task you gave me  :lol:

Edit: And yes, it's the right directory! :grin:

Final Pool results:

What aspect of SoD is the most important for you and on what should we put more weight.

Kingdom Management
    115 (48.3%)
Army Management System
    51 (21.4%)
Invasion
    19 (8%)
New Troops and Gear
    53 (22.3%)

Hi !!  And congratulations to be able to create a such MOD !
I tried old version of SOD but now want try the 4.5 gold edition.
I was unable to load it by rapid mirrors but it seems to work if I click on the red file on the first page of this thread.

Can't wait to begin ! :smile:))))

Just two things (and sorry if the answer appears in one of the 121 last pages) :smile: :

What the difference between to load by rapid mirrors (rapid... if you pay maybe) and your link (in red) ? (some bugs fixed on rapid mirrors ?)
I'm quite interested by auxiliarii mod but dunno if it will work correctly, this mod is achieved ? What do you think guys ?

thanks a lot for help (and sorry for my horrible english)

They are the same except that the rapid is 2 parts. Some ppl are getting really slow downloads from the repository so he put up the rapid link too. There are no bug fixes out yet except for the menu thing when the legion appears and you can find that in the bug thread.

Guys I think I have a bit of info on this crashing problem. Do any of you having the crashes run on a 64-bit system? I crash during battles and I'm on 64-bit, one of my friends are also crashing in the same way and he runs on 64-bit. Now the interesting thing is that two of my other friends run on 32-bit and they don't crash or have any problems like this at all.

Scratch that. The only other lead I have is Windows 7. Does anybody using Windows 7, be it 32-bit or 64-bit have any crashes?

Alakeram said:
Whitestrake said:
TheRighteousMan said:
Crikker said:
Whitestrake said:
My comp is the Best you can get with 1GB Graphics card and 500GB RAM and I still cant play it, it wont even download.

Obviosuly not. If your computer can't run this mod I suggest you

1. Take a bat
2. Smash your computer
3. Buy a new computer

Because I can run this mod fine.

lmfao, he probably just didn't extract it.  The file does say .exe on the end even though its not.
Yes I did exract and yes I did redownload 3 times and each time it took 10 mins to download. My pc costed about 700$$ so no im not destroying it.

lmao only 700??? i just bought me a new comp with a 1 gb graphics card nvidia geforce GT 240, i5 processor 3.2 ghz, 8gb ram, windows 7,  1TB hard drive all for 1 grand. and thats including a 20'' LG flatscreen :smile:

I got a Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 1 gig, Intel Quad Core 2.33 GHZ with 4mb L2 cache, 4 gigs of ram, 1 TB hard drive, win7, and a 22" acer lcd monitor for 600. Sounds like someone got ripped off :smile:. And having more than 6 gigs, in most cases, is completely useless because alot of operating systems wont recognize that much.

Thanks for the troop trees. I can now spend much time agonizing over which faction to play as and which mercenaries to hire to balance my forces. Then promptly roll up a character for a different faction picked at the last minute and hire whichever mercenaries have the best-looking boots.

Cyzyk said:
Thanks for the troop trees. I can now spend much time agonizing over which faction to play as and which mercenaries to hire to balance my forces. Then promptly roll up a character for a different faction picked at the last minute and hire whichever mercenaries have the best-looking boots.
Go to Jester and talk about Custom battles. Choose your army and your opponents and try each combination in battle :smile:

P.S.
This way you will also be able to choose homeland based on boots :wink:

vonmistont said:
Cyzyk said:
Go to Jester and talk about Custom battles. Choose your army and your opponents and try each combination in battle :smile:

P.S.
This way you will also be able to choose homeland based on boots :wink:

I usually pick homeland troops based on siege effectiveness, since sieges are my least favorite part of the game. That and helmets. If Zerrikanians didn't perform so sketchily on siege assaults, their hats would make them a definite choice. Of course, all the new mercenaries might balance that out. So I might just go with the hats despite the lackluster success I've had with horse archers in the past.

Draconis Topmen said:
Yeah I don't know if anyone else has this problem but when I get the notification for when the invasion starts its stuck in that menu and when I try to click the "It's bad news..." button it doesn't do anything  :neutral:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,93259.0.html

I actually just started playing SoD and loved it, when this version came out I nearly wet myself.  pitty you guys don't have an official soundtrack but I made my own from a game I used to play and it fits right in with this mod I love it :grin: I have yet to see or get anywhere near the invasion cuz I just got my kingdom but so far its a VERY good mod :grin:

Hmmm, I'm probably doing something boneheaded but I've hired the Black Army to a contract but so far my Lords Mercenaries are Henchman/Slave Drivers  :shock:

..not exatly the kind of brawn I was expecting (and paying good Denar for!) to supplement my Archer happy kingdom

Quick question before I download it: when you start your own kingdom and conquer your first strongholds, do the guards on your cities/castles belong to your original culture, the setlement's former owner culture or they represent the actual soldiers that are garrisonned? When I played SOD's first versions, the fact that some random vaegir guards naturally replaced my first cities guards when I became independent made me very disappointed. I mean, I loved the mod, but that was a deal braker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom