Version 0.960 bug reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

Please report any bugs you encounter in version 0.960 in this thread. It would be great if you could be as specific as possible.

Also, if the problem is reproducible then please try to provide step by step instructions for triggering the error. If it affects a savegame, remember you can send it to the team at [email protected]. Stating only that the game crashed isn't incredibly helpful for troubleshooting, and there's a good chance it could be related to your system rather than the game, in which case, please post it in the Apothecary. If the problem is with a certain location in the game, please indicate the location precisely. Many thanks in advance for your help.

When either taking a walk around the grounds of Asugan castle, or besieging it, there is a bug where you become stuck down a crevice. Here is a screenshot of said crevice. I shall also take a short clip of it and post the youtube link later.

stuckze0.png

Edited: Here is the link, please ignore the video magic thing, I needed to cut down the file size.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A9S-YdMFcw

I had an instance where two lords were fighting, and I jumped in to help my guys. We eventually won, but I was one of the few left standing at the end.

When it went back to the srategic map, however, the two armies were still fighting, even though one side had 0 available troops. I was able to join the "battle" about 5 times, each time the tactics script would freak out on me, but eventually say I won. Only after a few more tries of this did the defeated lord's army actually disappear.

Branko said:
On DX7 shading lod face textures don't display correctly(transparent). Hair and beards are ok though.
Looks fine to me. Try reinstalling fresh and see if it's still there.

The Blind Skald said:
I always found it strange that you could look for a hero before you even meet him, maybe thats what hapened.
haven't downloaded yet though.
Looks like it to me.

Sound effect of battle doesn't match the distance and direction of horse charging, sword fighting and shouting.
This only happened on .960,  I rolled back to .955 and didn't have this problem.

uhh well my horse got all messed up when my char was cheering (i used cntrl+f5).
uhhh..
i'll upload an image
edit:

I can confirm that you can only ask the traveler about a companion after you have gotten one then lost/asked them to leave. Otherwise your character just says "never mind".

Also not sure if this is a bug or a feature but after losing a battle against mountain bandits while I have banchester(sp?), I lost all my other surviving troops and was taken prisoner but after escaping banchester(sp?) was still in my party.

When practicing with bow and arrow at the Training Field, the targets' hitboxes just don't always feel correct. Sometimes, even if I hit in the middle, the arrow flies through the dummy.
Here I hit only a bit lower than usually -> http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mb3zg2.jpg

Con said:
When practicing with bow and arrow at the Training Field, the targets' hitboxes just don't always feel correct. Sometimes, even if I hit in the middle, the arrow flies through the dummy.
Here I hit only a bit lower than usually -> http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mb3zg2.jpg

I seem to have that problem a lot as well. With arrows seeming to go straight through. I noticed it with the first version (with the training field).

I tried like 30 times at 10 yards range and i can BET 100e, that you can't break them all.

Branko said:
On DX7 shading lod face textures don't display correctly(transparent). Hair and beards are ok though.

I have the same problem, faces being transparent, sometimes black(could just be hair or helmets). But its only at a distance, up close the faces are fine. Increasing the Character Detail in options increases the distance between player and other characters before the faces become transparent.

First I was using a patched version, but then I tried a fresh install(keeping save files) and it is still a problem.

When taking a walk around the streets of a city, after about 1 min all the townsmen start running, looks like they are all getting ready for the Calradian marathon. So far tested it in Suno and Sargoth, haven tried the villages yet.

RIGHT control does not work like LEFT control: trade shortcut, et cetera.
No way to change this in the menu, no way to reassign the keys in the registry as I have.

For the love of easy trade, fix it.  :smile:

I think that the looters seemingly never having any loot counts as a bug.

Oh, and archers still fire at corpses.

(Good. This makes tournaments more fair, since it goes some way to making up for the fact that archer AI will still pick you out and keep firing at you from across the arena, even when another enemy wielding a great sword is barely feet away the guy and closing. Nope, he's just gotta get one more arrow off at me)

Also I think archers should not chase so far after you trying to punch you. A very, very short distance, sure, but as soon as the distance is enough they could maybe loose one arrow instead, they should try and do that. Right now I think the distance they will chase is too much.

Back
Top Bottom