Version 0.960 bug reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Whenever I lay siege to derchios castle or whatever it was spelled again [I just make sounds up to remember them xD;] a bunch of defenders always find themselves stuck atop a shed inside the castle at the righthand side next to the wall and stairway. I suppose they drop off the wall instead of taking the stairs or something I dont have screenshot yet but it might sound familiar. It results in all my troops swarming to directly underneath them while they get massacred by the remaining defending archers and crossbowmen.

And I also ocasionally fall off a ladder at asugan castle and find myself in a rectangular space from which I cannot get out and sometimes an enemy soldier would be standing close enough for me to be unable to flee the battle and effectively breaks my game :sad: Also the facegenerator still comes up black for me but I am blaming Nvidia and SLI for this, but other than that fabulous job I'll keep you posted.

*just a typo - two, in fact: when Firentis tells me about his Val(l?)e(y?) of Suno:

For the first one I forgot to screencap (it may not even be a typo, that Vale of Suno thing)
It's not, again it's probably a US/UK thing. A vale and a valley are the same thing, although a vale implies a stream or river at the bottom.
* And the problem with loosing money when betting at the tournaments (if the odds are greater than 1 to 1) is still there.
* The troops still ride against boulders and trees (I'm not into coding, but probably they can be "persuaded" to avoid the trees and jump over rocks).
* We can still swing the weapons through the tree and damage the one behind it (if the arrows stop in the tree bark, when using melee weapons, the obstacle - be it tree or rock - should be solid still). Same thing with swinging the axe/sword through your own troops and mounts and being able to score hits behind them.
* Every now and then I can change direction through another allied mounted warrior, even though at some other time, my horse stops and rears. This happens at both when galloping, and when riding slow.

i had a bug that when i put couple of party members to a castle, lets say Marnid and Artimenner, they say to me when i got to talk to then ´´i am not afraid to fight´´ or ´´surrender or die´´ or something like that, also how can i make my character cheer, yell, or something like that?

I'm surprised noone has stumbled across this bug yet.

Two lords of opposing factions are fighting a battle. As the only unit in my party I enter the battle on the side of my fellow lord.
I use stones to knock out all of my allies, then proceed to knock unconscious all opposing enemy troops.
Before the "Battle Won!" notice pops up I press "]" (my retreat button) and exit the battle.
On the world map the lords are still fighting, both sides with 0 active troops.
I re-enter the battle.
I spawn as the only active player on the battlefield, receive a notice of "Renown for this battle is 0" then wait.
After a few seconds an error message scrolls up in red.
Next the "Battle Won!" notice pops up.

This is the sticky bit.
When I speak to the lord after the battle (not yet returned to the world map) and he thanks me for my help, my relation with him does not increase from say 6 to 17, but instead from 6 to 100.
Instant buddies.

I will try to replicate the scenario and post further details on any script error messages as later.

P.S.~ I'm not really surprised noone has stumbled across this bug yet.

* First one, ain't really a bug, rather a mapping problem in my opinion: Then city wall's texture looks nice, while the towers on the city wall have the textures stretched, so as the brick are twice as big, breaking the continuity of the wall (they seem dropped there).
* Second, in Tihr every townsman tries to walk through walls (troublesome pathfinding)
* Third, the townsmen in Tihr, consider only one of the two bridges passable (the one to the left of the town's gate), making their way across the stream near the other one:

... both the water loving Tihrens and the wall texture issue are visible in the image above.

Edit: The Graphical Enhancement 2.0 fixes the texture mapping issue.

agh! my clones are everywhere! i do this alot...  :lol:
i went to unhun castle (khergit) to the lordy hall. Went through the door and blam! outside the walls.
Four khergit dudes are just standing there. Theres a siege tower around the corner.
BUT two of me are on the walls. (i'm on the siege tower)

so i walk to the lords hall door. Hey!  :evil:

I end my adventure where i started, and find him. Again! uh... i'm the closer one

edit:
and at tulbuk castle (khergit too)

see me? two on the wall, one standing with stoners and one blocking th' lords hall!
edit:
and again at haringoth castle.
[you can guess what it looks like, yes?]

Fei Dao said:
Guys, the traveler issue is NOT a bug. You can only ask him about your companions after you've lost them. The only thing bugged about the traveler is that his name is misspelled. It's not "traveller" it's traveler.

Actually, his name is not misspelt.

"Traveller" is a perfectly valid way of spelling the word and is the correct way to spell it in Britain, Australia and probably everywhere else except the US. Given that the Devs are European, I'm not surprised they used this spelling.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/traveller

Well, just trying to help out with a bit of idiot-proofing. I put myself in a garrison, and of course, when I tried to enter the world map again, crash.

HardCode said:
A bug with (at least) the Hunting Crossbow. The very first battle of a new game, on horseback, you start with the normal 20 bolts and a loaded crossbow. The next battle, you start with an empty crossbow. In essence, you lose a bolt for the rest of the battles.

I haven't had this occur with a crossbow, however it does happen with bullet ammunition. The only way around it is to give the ammunition to another hero for a battle and this for some reason replenishes it, so that you can take it back at the end of that battle refilled.

Also, it is now no longer possible to replenish ammunition, of any type, by just going to the suppy chest during combat.

* I have a problem with the way tournaments are organized:
If I fight against Dranton in the first round and defeat him, the he should be eliminated from the competition, right? (since I get kicked out of it after the first defeat). But he isn't. And I might get to fight him every round up to the sixth. Speaking of which, it would be more natural for the computer to calculate the remaining combatants after each tier, rather than generating random numbers... (After a first tier with 2 teams of 2 fighters each, it seems strange to remain only 32 participants... What could've happened with the other 29-30 people that joined the tournament?...  :smile: )

Inu said:
* I have a problem with the way tournaments are organized:
If I fight against Dranton in the first round and defeat him, the he should be eliminated from the competition, right? (since I get kicked out of it after the first defeat). But he isn't. And I might get to fight him every round up to the sixth. Speaking of which, it would be more natural for the computer to calculate the remaining combatants after each tier, rather than generating random numbers... (After a first tier with 2 teams of 2 fighters each, it seems strange to remain only 32 participants... What could've happened with the other 29-30 people that joined the tournament?...  :smile: )

If Dranton knocks out some people before you knock him out he gets carried to the next round same as you would (If he doesn't take people out then it is unfair). As for the other 29-30 people I feel its safe to assume you aren't in the only match per tier so in the first tier all 64 combatants fight and the top half continue to the second tier etc.

Follow the spy quest is bugged. First, when the spy and spymaster meet, the party constantly changes between 7 and 8 people, and when I reached it to attack it, I got a CTD.

When player is captured, and then the captors are defeated while player still remains in their captivity, the following exception is raised:
assertion.jpg

Minor thing:
Map location captions can be seen through terrain. Probably this is intended, but the far away captions are illegible anyway, and it does not look right imo.

I got texts disappear error and defeated king was disappeared.

I'm mercenary of Vaegir and enemy of Khergit.
When I found that Reindi castle(Swadia) is under siege by Sanjar Khan, I went to help castle defenders.
We defeated Sanjar Khan and he escaped certainly.

After that,  I have texts disappear error with a lot of error log in rgl_log.txt .
And Sanjar Khan disappear on map over 1 week.
Please let me know how do I do it...

sample error log:

I think it is related or same problem.
"Report texts disappear in 0.950"
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,36836.0.html

Synapsis said:
If Dranton knocks out some people before you knock him out he gets carried to the next round same as you would (If he doesn't take people out then it is unfair). As for the other 29-30 people I feel its safe to assume you aren't in the only match per tier so in the first tier all 64 combatants fight and the top half continue to the second tier etc.

Tried this at the first tournament now. Got to knock Dranton out before he managed to swing his sword once, but I still met him in the next round... Or so it seemed to me (almost every fighter in the arena got clogged in the middle of it...). Gonna try it again soon... but then we too should be carried to the next tier, if we manage to help a couple of fighters see the ground really close, even if we pass out in the process.. :smile: ). As for the second part... yeah, I could live with that :grin:...

I'm also getting the transparent faces at a distance.

I notice if you zoom in from face-disappearance-distance, the faces reappear. Zoom out and they're gone again.

Not sure if it is a bug or not.
On the capture the spy mission after the spy meets up with their contact.

When I ordered my troops to "use blunt weapons only" (They didn't have any blunt weapons btw) They held
position which was fine by me since I wanted to make sure I captured the spy and his accomplice (sort of like the
old capture the noble mission). The problem is a caravan guard got past me and killed two of my men who just all
sat still and let him slaughter them. I commend the obedience but they could have at least punched the guy out.  :???:

Hello, I'm not sure if these ones are already posted, I searched and couldn't find them in .960 bug reports SO:

I got an instant quest failure for no good reason. The King summoned me for his military campaign, and as soon as I clicked "Yes, I'll come you bastard" it told me "Quest Failed: Report To King Whatshisname". Instantly. So I thought I'd check it out, see if maybe the king was captured or on holiday or dead or something, and no, he was happily besieging a castle halfway across the map.

I get very quick failures with some of the scout missions. Before I even get to the first location sometimes. In have been able to complete them but sometimes it just fails.

And arrow clipping... it has only happened to me once, but I am sure it was the dreaded arrow clipping (i.e. not thudding into the norseman it should be, but passing harmlessly through him) as there were no obstacles whose hitbox might be interfering.

I got a glitch that caused a system  reboot.[SPOILERS FROM HERE ON OUT] I was elected Marshall of Swadia, and I find a lord. I try to give him a new order, I press the "patrol around..." button, immediately my computer reboots. I naturally couldnt get a screenshot, and cant reproduce the error because I havent been able to get elected Marshal again. (Lord Beranz retakes Malayurg castle, and suddenly HE's the popular one  :razz: I cant help it that the Khergits can wipe the florr with me. <.< )

System Specs:
AMD 64 3000
ATI Radeon 9800 XT
1gig RAM
WINXP Professional sp2

From what I could remember of the circumstances, It was a lord in a newly conquered castle taken from the (extremely weak and easily defeated) Nords. I think it was called Alburqe Castle. I think the lord was Lord Mirchaud.

As for any background tasks that might have caused the error, M&B was the only program I was running, the only background tasks was Steam and my firewall. Strangely, Windows didnt give me any error message telling me what it thought caused the crash, so I dont even have that to provide. I ran a virus scan but turned up nothing so the only thing I think could have caused it was asking that lord to go on patrols. If someone else can reproduce the error, then I can rule out random chance.

I cant reproduce it because my game has taken a turn for the worse for me as a player as my early successes against the (so weak it's funny) Nords has been overshadowed by Marshall Beranz success against the Khergits, while I keep losing against them  :razz:.

Back
Top Bottom