[Werewolf] Werewolf: Black Death - Daybreak Day 6 - Crypto-flagellants win!

Should I close the day with the votes that we had at the deadline (10PM), or leave it open for a few

• Be strict, rules are rules, they had their chance. Close it.

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Leave it open until midnight (two hours extra)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Leave it open until next morning when you wake up.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave it open and close it as soon as a majority is reached.

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

How ****ing insensitive can you get? YOU'RE dead.

*goes to read*

Btw, Orj, next WW game you play, lemme know. This was kinda fun and I think I'd like to play again some time, but only with a handsome, familiar face alongside me :3

I didn't know I was dead yet so you telling me, and telling me I'm not allowed to say anything, filled me to the brim with salt. So here I am yapping away! Quite exciting developments over the last 10 pages. So much utterly bewildering information and events finally sliding neatly into place. Can't wait to see the confirmation and what my man can accomplish tomorrow. Godspeed hay-mate!

Locke said:
Btw, Orj, next WW game you play, lemme know. This was kinda fun and I think I'd like to play again some time, but only with a handsome, familiar face alongside me :3
Of course. I'd love to drag you with me the next time I get drawn into one of these. Let's be villains next time - evil has extra allure. :3

One more potato before I sleep:

I know it might go without saying, but since Xardob cannot be trusted, we also have no reason to believe he CAN'T win overnight, which is what he has said. If we have anybody who can block or kill him, that might be a good option (rather than waiting until tomorrow for him to die), especially if neither Eolf not Locke's role gives me a similar ability.

I might not the most trustworthy person either, so you can listen to me or not, but at least consider that possibility.

Phonemelter said:
I know it might go without saying, but since Xardob cannot be trusted, we also have no reason to believe he CAN'T win overnight, which is what he has said. If we have anybody who can block or kill him, that might be a good option (rather than waiting until tomorrow for him to die), especially if neither Eolf not Locke's role gives me a similar ability.
Go ahead and block me. Waste of an ability, though, there's nothing I can do now. It might be smarter to block the player who might win the game, you or Llandy, but I doubt we have someone capable of doing it anyway.

There's something that's bothering me. If I'm counting it right, at least three players are part of Ej's pigeon network, but he only had the chance to act two nights, the other two he was either on the pillory or on the watch. There's something fishy there.

AWdeV said:
Nobody has a knife. I was responsible for those things all along. I had one the first day because I started with it, I couldn't pick one up that night, picked one up later, handed that one out to Leprechaun and he gave it to Mahud who stabbed Moss.

I knew it! :grin:

AWdeV said:
Also, ejnomad would have to have a double role to be any kind of converter, I find that hard to believe.

Actually, I could see it being the ideal role for a solo villain. Think about it. You get an innocent into your network (Orj). You get a wolf into your network (?). You feed both of them misinformation so that they report back to their respective groups (Locke / Wolf Pack respectively) and use said misinformation to subtly manipulate them into working against each other whilst working to protect you.

Man, I wish I was evil and had that role, I would have so much fun with it :sad:

Xardob said:
There's something that's bothering me. If I'm counting it right, at least three players are part of Ej's pigeon network, but he only had the chance to act two nights, the other two he was either on the pillory or on the watch. There's something fishy there.

There are four of us on the pigeon network. ejnomad can send pigeons during the day too (once per 'turn' to a new player) which explains how/why I got my pigeon when we were already 4/5 days into Day 5.

Yeah, I got fed up and hacked off that only a few players bothered to show for the deadline and wandered off to play BioShock in my disillusionment.

Oh and Melter - nice try with spinning 'my investigation failed so I have no evidence that Lep is evil' into 'my investigation failed so Lep's probably evil' :lol:

Aaaaaand....

....cut

Nobody has been lynched.

Nobody is in the pillory.

Ejnomad is keeping watch.

The Wolf died from the plague. He was

Tavern keeper said:
You are the tavern keeper. When in your tavern, you can fill up one of your customers (people spending the night at the tavern) with booze to such an extend, that they will tell you everything you wantsto know, even their deepest secrets. Not only will you learn their affiliation, they’ll also be unable to move anywhere that night.

You win when all evil is eradicated from the village.

Locke has die from the plague. He was

Juliet

It is now night 5. Night people talk and PM me your stuff. Deadline for night 5 is Wednesday the 25th of February, 10PM CET.

Lord von Hamm was pacing restlessly in his room. Although he knew what he was doing from the very beginning, he couldn’t help but feel guilty about what he had gotten the inhabitants of Hamm into. No matter how much he tried to tell himself that it wasn’t his fault, deep inside he knew that he was responsible for this mess.

But what was going to happen when people found out? Would he be next? His feeling of guilt was even more increased by his cowardice, leading him to planning his escape out of town before anybody could notice. Yes, yes…it had to be, this night still.

But before he was going to leave behind the formerly proud town of Hamm, he wanted to at least give a proper account of all things that happened during these eventful days. Despite staying in the background, he had eyes and ears everywhere and nothing that happened in this town was unknown to him.

And so he sat down and started writing a last entry in his diary:

Hamm said:

„Things have become unbearable for me, I cannot live amongst these poor souls and so I decided to choose the path of the coward and flee this godforsaken place. I am sure, that this night the final choices of life and death are being made and I can’t stand the sight of despair in their eyes when the next morning they’ll know their ultimate fate.

So let me tell you the events as have witnessed them.

The first day a mysterious girl arrived, Snoopy by name, whose body was infested by the plague, but whose spirits were unbroken. She was a mercenary by nature and it wasn’t long until she decided to take sides in this conflict. She approached Whoopin and Mosse, two wolves and pledged alliance to their cause. As she wasn’t a lycanthrope by nature, she decided to use another talent of hers - stealing. It wasn’t long until she seized the opportunity, for Llandy had been speculating about a thief for some time, and so Snoopy struck as soon as Llandy had moved to the mansion.

It wasn’t much later that our local guardsman, AWdeV, decided to use his knife on the poor old herbal woman Velmu, knowing all well that he could probably get a new knife that night in the guardhouse.

Shortly before the sun set and the moon rose, our local pigeon breeder Ejnomad decided to contact SootShade in an attempt to investigate matters privately. Unfortunately, as we know, this contact and SootShade himself were rather short-lived.

With the lynch of Moose! the first wolf was slain. Phonemelter went on watch and Ejnomad sacrificed his health for his safety and spent the night in the pillory. The night itself was one of missed attempts. First there was our priest, Reverend L. Lamb praying for the well-being of our minstrel Augustin Xardob, but little did he know that Xardob was safe all the time, because he had snuck out of the tavern and spent the night in the infested mill. Others had less friendly intentions for Xardob. SootShade wanted to torture Xardob to find out about his true colors but was severely disappointed when he found an empty hammock. He was actually willing to risk Xardob’s life on finding out his allegiance and - call it righteous fate - was punished on returning to his room by the wolf Shatari.

But there was more happening that night…Regendur (who later shape-shifted into Xardob Mk. II) - or shall we call him by his real name Mephistopheles - infected not only the jewish merchant Seff, but also spread the terrible plague in the tavern he was staying in.

Poor tavern keeper The Wolf, he didn’t know yet his tavern was going to be off-limits the next day. It would be the second disappointment in a short time, because he, too, was looking for a way of getting information out of Xardob. He went into his room with a mug of ale, hoping to get him filled up with booze so he wouldn’t go anywhere and instead tell him in his drunken stupor about his plans…but he, too, found only an empty hammock.

Others were a bit more successful that night: our guard AWdeV decided to only defend himself that night in the guardhouse and get a new knife from the stock.

Phonemelter on the watch couldn’t help being a creep and decided to follow the lovely Juliet Locke into the stable where she met up with Orj. After they both vanished in the hay, he luckily couldn’t witness anymore what they were doing, as this would turn this into an x-rated game.

Last, but not least, our dear doctor Twinkle acted with the best intentions, but against the greater good of the village by curing Snoopy. At least he managed to create a room-cleansing tonic from the supplies he has in the doctor’s office.

The second day came to a surprising end when our henchman Eternal decided the fate of Augustin Xardob and saved his own skin - at least for another day. At least doctor Twinkle had managed to cleanse the tavern, but instead the church key had been stolen again by our local thief Snoopy.

Ejnomad had by now contacted Romeo Orj with one of his pigeons, and at least this contact turned out to be more fruitful and longer lasting, if also a bit problematic…but more about that later.

The night came and this time our pigeon breeder Ejnomad was put on watch duty, while Mephistopheles Velpulus II./Xardob II. spent the night in the pillory.

But instead of making this a dead giveaway of his role, it turned out to be a very practical distraction maneuver for himself, as well as another party. For Mephistopheles was working with the wolves, but there was somebody else out there, working for himself…

…enter Konrad Schmidt, head of the Crypto-flagellants, or as people in Hamm knew him: Phonemelter. He and Llandy (a simple innocent townie) were alone in the guardhouse, and instead seizing that moment like a real man, he seized it like a real crypto-flagellant. He converted her to her cause, and for lack of anybody else around also infected her with the plague. Needless to say, the guardhouse, too, was unusable the next day.

The wolves, on the other hand, were looking elsewhere for their kill. They were convinced that amongst the church-going folk there was a person responsible for healing people from the plague. It seems appropriate in these superstitious times, that people thought there were supernatural reasons for curing the plague, rather than a good doctor. So they decided that MaHuD, the wolf, was to block and kill the reverend, before he could do anything truly useful for the town.

Our dear doctor, in the meanwhile, made another choice that didn’t work as well as intended. For he decided not to help our poor merchant Seff, as he wasn’t convinced of his innocence. It was another fateful occasion that Ejnomad on watch duty had decided to spy on Twinkle that very night when he did nothing.

Instead of Romeo and Juliet getting it on again in the stable, there was one more important thing that night…our guardsman AWdeV decided it was time to act and took justice into his own hands. With his trusty blade he slit the throat of Whoopin, a werewolf, that night. It was the same night he made the fateful decision to pass his knife on to Leprechaun.

While the wolves (or by now wolf), Mephistopheles and the thief were a bunch of mischiefs, the worst of all of them was Leprechaun. His soul was so dark, he made a pact with Mephistopheles himself that gained him immunity to all but a lynch. He was known as Doctor Faustus and he decided to live up to this famous name.
For when our pure soul Moss claimed his innocence on the third day, Leprechaun didn’t hesitate to stab the poor thing - after all, Doctor Faustus was part of the same team that thought the church going folk were responsible for healing people. But instead of keeping quiet about it, he suddenly remembered that somebody - in this case AWdeV - might have known about him having the knife, and so he decided to make up a claim that he had passed on the knife to MaHuD, his own packmate and the last remaining wolf. He literally sacrificed his own packmate for gaining some trust, thus giving away the last direct killer of Team Red. Mephistopheles might serve Doctor Faustus, but that doesn’t mean the two of them didn’t have a talk about their strategy the following night.

Snoopy continued going on steadily about her business and locked the tavern, while Ejnomad made another interesting choice: he sent a pigeon to Leprechaun. Forced to make up a story once again, Doctor Faustus channeled  his inner devil once more and came up with a claim of being the archivist, a role that allowed him some elaborate percentages to find out something. No matter how outrageous that claim might sound, it was trusted, at least for now.

The day ended with a predictable lynch of MaHuD, the last of the Werewolves, and with Eternal ending up in the pillory - waiting to be lynched the next day. Poor Seff died a painful death from the plague and finally AWdeV was put on the watch. The night began.

It has to be noted, that this night was the first night to see two infections, as previous nights had seen either Konrad „Phonemelter“ Schmidt, or Mephistopheles Xardob on either watch duty, or the pillory. Now both parties were ready to strike, and readily they did.

Or at least they tried. Phonemelter tried to win Doctor Faustechaun for his cause, but of course you can’t convince somebody who is in a pact with the devil himself. Frustrated about this, Phonemelter went on to infect The Wolf with the plague, and made sure the doctor’s office would be infested. Luckily, for our doctor Twinkle, he was present that night in the office and managed to create another room-cleansing tonic, so that the infestation of the doctor’s office was only temporary. Alas, he also continued his bad track record of curing villains and letting innocents die. This time he saved Llandy, despite the fact he should have noticed she was flagellating herself continuously during the treatment.

By now, Mephistopheles had also picked up on the intense love-making of Romeo & Juliet, so he decided to spice it up for them by giving Juliet AIDS. The next day, both of them were infected. What better way to bring across morality than that? Of course, the stable was off-limits from that moment on.

Last, but not least, AWdeV saw Ejnomad sending Pigeons to Orj and Leprechaun that night, but that counts as a rather uneventful side-note at this stage. Even though, it became the first time that rumors about a flagellant connection arose. Needless to say, that wasn’t the case…yet.

The fourth day left the inhabitants of Hamm somewhat weary. The discussion was less heated and it was clear throughout the day that Eternal was going to pay for his execution of the beloved Augustin Xardob. And so it happened. The church key was stolen once again by Snoopy, Ejnomad sent a pigeon to AWdeV - which was greeted with little trust from the latter - and The Wolf was put in the pillory, effectively sentencing him to death the next day. It should be noted that Leprechauns campaign for trust continued successfully, making him the watchman that night.

As quiet as the day was, the more heated was the night. Leprechaun - in just another ploy - decided to watch Llandy, but was severely disappointed when he found her doing nothing. So he decided the next day - for a change - to clear one of his packmates, this time Snoopy.

Konrad Phonemelter Schmidt, though, upped the ante. After losing two nights (one to being the watch, and one to a failed conversion of Leprechaun), knew he had to get a move on with recruiting. He preached to Orj that night, secretly hoping he’d bring along Juliet Locke with him, but that didn’t happen, for the morality lesson taught to them last night had finally worked. They didn’t see each other that night. This was helped additionally by doctor „D’oh“ Twinkle, for he healed Orj that very night, making his rate of misguided treatments (or lack thereof) 4/4. At least this decision was sort-of negated by the fact that Mephistopheles Xardob re-infected Orj that night. In turn - as if he knew it happened that way - Mephistopheles received the plague from Konrad „Phonemelter“ Schmidt. Both of them infested the doctor’s office, thus making sure the doctor’s office was not to be entered again.

Unaffected by all that activity, AWdeV sat once again in his room, his sword in his hand (no, seriously…the real sword, not what you think), ready to defend himself. Kind of disappointing that nobody ever felt like attacking him.

And so the last, fateful 5th day of this danse macabre started. With 11 people alive, the groups were almost evenly balanced. Konrad Phonemelter Schmidt had collected two followers to his cause, while Doctor Faustus, Mephistopheles and Thief Snoopy matched their manpower. Of the five remaining innocents, two were about to die at nightfall - Juliet Locke and tavern keeper The Wolf, leaving everybody at a deadlock of 3 per team. Whoever was going to break that deadlock was going to win. And as TEAM RED (Faustus, Mephistopheles, Thief) had no way of increasing their numbers, it was clear that the crypto-flagellants needed but one more member on their team to outnumber the innocents and become the strongest faction. The only way to prevent this was to get rid of at least one of the members of the crypto-flagellants, ideally the head of the snake.

By then, both teams had made their math, and so Phonemelter was aware of Mephistopheles being an infector, as well as the other way around. Both were actively campaigning for the other to be lynched, even claiming non-existent roles to do so, but in the end, the confusion was too great and the day ended in a no-lynch. And so the final night started…

…it all came down to two choices. Whether Phonemelter Schmidt would be able to successfully convert another member to their team.

And to whether AWdeV, the guard, would choose to kill the right person.

All other choices, who Mephistopheles was going to infect, or who Twinkle was going to cure (he cured again Orj, making it a 5/5 of misguided treatments) were but mere footnotes this night.

AWdeV sneaked out of his room, snuck up to Mephistopheles and slit his throat, just the way he did it with Whoopin three nights before.

Even if his hitrate was 2/2 for bad guys, it was this second kill that sealed the fate of the village.

Phonemelter, at first, went to Lep’s room. Was he going to try converting him again? But no, he just left a few spores of plagua ratensis at his front door and moved on…

…to the door of Twinkle.

Half an hour later, the whipping could be heard in stereo.

This is when I, Lord von Hamm, knew that it was all over and I had to leave here before I was going to be next in line on death row. My trusty steed is waiting outside and ere the sun rises I shall be on my way. I shall go far away, to Cornwall in fact, where a distant relative of mine has just built a new castle…I think it’s called Mengelberg. I shall move there and live in peace, hopefully never to hear again about the horrors that took place here. And hopefully, I’ll never hear again about Werewolves…“

The pitch black sky was already becoming lighter when Lord von Hamm finished writing and so he quickly grabbed his most essential belongings, saddled his horse and was never to be seen again.
What happened the next morning was unknown, but when a few days later travellers came past Hamm, the flagellants camping outside the town had moved on elsewhere and the town was deserted. All they found, was the diary of Lord von Hamm.

THE END

The crypto-flagellants (Phonemelter, Llandy, Orj, Twinkle) win the game.

I'm on the run now, gotta still practice a bit, but I'll do more updating (like all the roles and links to the night threads later (or tomorrow) )

THANKS EVERYBODY FOR A GREAT GAME! IT WAS A PLEASURE HOSTING FOR YOU GUYS!

Thanks for hosting, Adaham. It was a great (if confusing) game.

Seems like the only role I actually successfully managed to deduce was that of AW, whom I knew was the guard as soon as he went for the guardhouse (and after he finally killed Whoopin). The rest of you are all excellent bull****ters and I'm very impressed :razz:

I may not be the best bull****ter but at least I have the most baddiedeaths to my name.

Iiiii whooped the whoop but I didn't whoop no deputy..

Also, to hades with that sneaky-deaky second pack baloney.  :ohdear:

AWdeV said:
I may not be the best bull****ter but at least I have the most baddiedeaths to my name.

Iiiii whooped the whoop but I didn't whoop no deputy..

Also, to hades with that sneaky-deaky second pack baloney.  :ohdear:

I didn't mean you were a bull****ter, I meant everybody who made a false claim. I also never made a false claim, I told you my (lack of) role right from Day 1 :wink:

Adaham said:
Innocent said:
You are an innocent. You win when all bad guys are eliminated.

Thanks for stabbing Xardob, though!  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom