Ideal PC Specs?

Users who are viewing this thread

While I only played for half a hour, I immediately fell in love with the mod. My only compliant is not being able to stop looting a village to run away, when an enemy lord is coming towards you. However, at the moment I'm using a PoS laptop that isn't meant for gaming. So while I can run the mod, theres a lot of lag and I crashed to the desktop once during my playtime. So I was wondering what would be a good PC specs, to run the game on the second highest or the highest setting without lagging.

It doesn't need to be so high, considering that my working PC(i3 intel core, graphics 4000) runs the mod... well without it being unplayable. Still a little bit of lagging and sometimes freezes with the low settings, though. I guess it's not as demanding as Floris mod. Ideal specs? If you are rich and a devoted gamer, get yourself the most expensive PC possible. And as mentioned in earlier threads, even the most expensive pcs can lag in siege battle and mass engagement.

As far as I know that is a low end card since its an integrated gpu and pretty much all of them dont compare well to modern dedicated gpus. But still as far as I know in terms of integrated it performs fairly well and can play some games fairly decently.  Also for my specs I stupidly bought a gaming laptop (something I regret) it has a 2.3ghz i7 and a nvidia 630m gpu with 2gb of vram and 8gb of ram.  So far I have my framerate set to 40 and pretty much all the graphics are set to highest except for maybe a couple of settings and only 10 corpses and blood only close up and I rarely lag during battles except for during very large sieges especially when your doing something like knocking down gates.  But of course there is plenty of lag on the campaign map which isnt suprising since the map in this mod is huge.  And as far as I know in terms of desktop gpus my gpu is about as fast as a nvidia 9600gt.  And just to add im no expert so dont take my word for anything when it comes to pcs

Random piece of advice for anyone who needs a laptop and likes pc gaming.  If you have to have a laptop and you also have enough room for a desktop never by a gaming laptop, just buy whatever laptop you need and keep the extra money you would have spent upgrading it to gaming and use it on a desktop, the performance of a $500 desktop for gaming to a $1000 laptop is quite large as far as I know.

How would these two setups handle 1257?

CPU AMD FX-6300
MOBO ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS
GPU EVGA GTX 750
RAM Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB
HDD Western Digital 250 GB
CASE Rosewill Dual Fans
PSU Antec VP-450
ODD Samsung 24x SATA

CPU AMD FX-6300
GPU HIS Radeon R9 280
RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB
HDD Seagate Barracuda 500 GB
CASE Rosewill Dual Fans
PSU XFX Core Edition PRO 550W
ODD Samsung 24x SATA

Ramsay Bolton said:
How would these two setups handle 1257?

CPU AMD FX-6300
GPU EVGA GTX 750
RAM Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB
HDD Western Digital 250 GB
CASE Rosewill Dual Fans
PSU Antec VP-450
ODD Samsung 24x SATA

CPU AMD FX-6300
GPU HIS Radeon R9 280
RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB
HDD Seagate Barracuda 500 GB
CASE Rosewill Dual Fans
PSU XFX Core Edition PRO 550W
ODD Samsung 24x SATA
Both of them would play great. M&B is not the most demanding series, but the second build is far better in my opinion.

Oh and are these already computers you have? If these are just builds your thinking of, could I recommend a different setup? If you could tell me your budget of course.

I know, but isn't this mod demanding graphically? Builds I'm thinking of. I have four hundred dollars set aside for a gaming PC, so I'd like to stay below a thousand including the monitor, keyboard, and OS.

I think you shouldn't chose any of them. M&B (as far as I remember) use 1 (or 2?) cores/threads. AMD CPUs have a lot of threads (you can't call them cores, that's because of their architecture, but I won't tall about it. It's just geeky stuff). FX-6300 have 6 threads/3 modules), but they are not very strong (their single-thread performance is very poor). i3 Haswell (2 cores/4 threads) or i5 (4 cores/4 threads) would be a better option. I think that i5 is not necessary (but it's generally better for gaming).
For M&B I would go for something like this:
CPU: Intel i5 4590 or i5 4440 or i3 4330 or i3 4150 (all depends on your funds)
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H
RAM: Kingston HyperX 4GB 1600MHz CL9
GPU: XFX Radeon R9 280 Double Dissipation or R9 270X - 1050M DD Boost Edition or MSI GTX 660 GAMING OC
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (WD10EZEX)
PSU: Thermaltake Smart SE Modular 530W or Thermaltake Smart 550W
CASE: Zalman Z3
ODD: LG GH24NSB0
i5 CPUs are generally for gaming, they have 4 cores/4 threads. i5 4590 is clocked 3.3GHz and up to 3.7GHz in Turbo, i5 4440 is clocked 3.1GHz and up to 3.3GHz in Turbo.
i3 CPUs are cheaper than i5, but have only 2 cores and 4 threads (that means there 2 cores are imitating 4 cores and OS thinks you have 4 cores - OS sees every thread no matter if virtual or actual as a core) and less cache. i3 4330 is clocked 3.5GHz and have 4mb cache, i3 4150 is clocked 3.5GHz too, but have 3mb cache.
R9 280 is the strongest of this three, but most expensive. This XFX version have very good cooling system (same as this R9 270X). GTX660 is the cheapest one and the weakest. Still it's better than GTX750.
This PC (version with R9 270X and i3 4330) costs around 665$, version with i5 4590 and R9 270X is 725$ and version with i5 4590 and R9 280 is around 800$ (prices from newegg).
I'm not native English speaker so sorry for any mistakes. If you have any questions I will try to answer them.

I don't plan on building a PC just for 1257, although its almost worth it. The first build comes out to 400 dollars and the second comes out to 600 dollars, but thats not even including the monitor or mouse and keyboard.

According to tests i3 4330 is better than FX-6300 in games/applications that use 1-2 cores/threads and in games that use more it have same results as FX-6300. In M&B (and other games that needs small number of strong cores/threads - mainly RTS games) i3 is better and in other games (BF4, Max Payne 3, etc.) it's as good as FX-6300. PC with this CPU and R9 270X costs around 665$. So you still have more than 300$ for monitor, mouse and keyboard. BenQ GW2450HM (very good monitor with low input lag) costs 250$. Genius K9 + Logitech G300 (very good mouse) costs 78$ on newegg. As you see this PC will fit in your budget. Although I would recommend to spend 140$ more if you can and buy a PC with i5 4590 and R9 280.

Back
Top Bottom