Ukraine Today

Users who are viewing this thread

trueten said:
So, all you have to do is invest a ****load of money into one single city, while every other city (especially the patriotic ones) should live in a same old ****, just to make separatists leaders of separatism calm. Nice. That's so... Putin-like.

Although my point with the pic is how Put-in fights terrorism/separatism and how he advices to do it for us. That's called hypocrisy.

Yo dawg this is kinda off topic but i can't help myself....

Why the nazism in your avatar.

Weaver said:
Inane Russian logic.
Chechens aren't allowed to secede.
Ukrainians are encouraged to secede.
And for exactly same reasons - we'll move in, kill a few thousands and then just start throwing money at you while mainland Russia wallows in poverty.
The true way is to kill and nevermind?

Chechens were allowed. In the school I learnt that Chechnya was independent state.
However after 3 years of independence it turned into criminalized burning territory.
In 1994 they started full-scale civil war.
That's the point when Russia interfered into the situation.

It is allowed to be independent, it is not allowed to massacre near borders.
And that is quite sane reason. And there is no hypocrisy. I suppose not too many people would like to live with neighbors that kill someone every night.

And by the way, Chechnya is one of donated region, but not the most of them neither in total nor per capita.
Inside problem is not that Chechnya get a lot of money, but how they spend them.

trueten said:
So, all you have to do is invest a ****load of money into one single city, while every other city (especially the patriotic ones) should live in a same old ****, just to make separatists leaders of separatism calm. Nice. That's so... Putin-like.
No, it's all YOU have to do. Quite simple, don't you find? Prosperity and happiness are all that people need. Independence is a lie.

trueten said:
Although my point with the pic is how Put-in fights terrorism/separatism and how he advices to do it for us. That's called hypocrisy.
Hypocrisy? I have only one question. Why was not Yanukovych allowed to fight maydan terrorists?

Don't forget Ukraine still does have a legitimate president.  And who is bigger terrorists in this all Ukrainian **** is yet a question.

rebelsquirrell said:
Why the nazism in your avatar.
trueten does seem to hold some radical views, but the medal in question seems to actually be a creation og Russian propaganda machine.
If you've noticed the dates engraved on it (1941-2014), you'd see that it implies that it's only this year that Crimea was finally liberated from Nazis.

In other news, Putin was just caught lying on air yet again:
"On the day of 70th anniversary of Odessa's liberation from Nazi occupation [April 10th] there was a march of veterans and some scumbags threw rotten eggs at them, mocking our mutual legacy. And that same day Jewish cemetery was desecrated, tombstones toppled and covered in swastikas."
Both statements are blatant lies. I was there during the march and I can tell you it's still a big thing here. Even if someone attempted to harm a veteran he'd be instantly torn to pieces. I happened to visit Jewish cemetery too just this Saturday and there's been no signs of vandalism whatsoever.

Rongar said:
Chechens were allowed. In the school I learnt that Chechnya was independent state.
However after 3 years of independence it turned into criminalized burning territory.

Wow....

Rongar said:
Hypocrisy? I have only one question. Why was not Yanukovych allowed to fight maydan terrorists?

:grin:

No, srsly, you're joking, right?

Maidan 'terrorists' vs Dombass 'peaceful' [local] separatists
Momi4.jpg

Weaver said:
trueten does seem to hold some radical views, but the medal in question seems to actually be a creation og Russian propaganda machine.
If you've noticed the dates engraved on it (1941-2014), you'd see that it implies that it's only this year that Crimea was finally liberated from Nazis.
It's based on this:
1J-Mx.jpg

Rongar is right, the bad guy here is Ukraine.

It is only divine justice that has granted us the great fortune of Russian military invasion and espionage to crush the growing disease of freedom. We should all be thankful for the Russian governments goal of military imperialism and oppressing its neighbors.

Remembers comrades, freedom is for Nazi sympathizers and Western scumbags.

300px-Junkers_Ju_87Ds_in_flight_Oct_1943.jpg

Godspeed Russia, godspeed.

Rongar said:
In the school I learnt that Chechnya was independent state.
Whoa. Is that how it's taught in Russian schools? No wonder so many Russians online are utterly ignorant of their own country, if everything else is as "truthfully" explained.

Protip: that's nowhere near correct.

Just saw on the news that Putin said on a televised speech that "using the army to attack one's own citizens is a war crime and means that a country is ruled by a military junta". So, Putin is guilty of a war crime and Russia is ruled by a military junta, thanks for confirmation. Because of Chechnya. Also, this means that Assad is guilty as well, so hooray. I want to see Lavrov's face when someone throws those comments at him in the next UN meeting.

If a state allows armed groups that are not answerable to the people to take over government buildings and impede lawful travel and commerce, then it is abdicating its responsibilities to protect its citizens if it does not respond with all necessary force in dispersing those groups.

Whether or not they have legitimate grievances, these groups are under no moral protection from state violence, since they have chosen to use violence as the first, rather than the last, means of redressing their grievances. Any altercation between these groups and the government does not qualify as a massacre of civilians. When they took up arms and assaulted the government without provocation they ceased to be civilians.

Any comparison between the Maidan activists and the separatist militias is fallacious. The Maidan activists armed themselves in self-defense against state brutality and murder. The separatists arm themselves in the absence of any initial use of force against them, and take actions designed to provoke an explicitly armed confrontation with the government. They deserve whatever they might get in response.

ancalimon said:
He would be great friends with RTE. He can even teach him how to ride a horse:

Putin already knows how to tame and ride a horse.

iQ8Ba.jpg

And motorcycle
kKDJL.jpg

Or snowmobile
w7l8u.jpg

Putin stronk
OutAV.jpg

Putin is of rich
4V6VM.jpg

Putin can into space
CfJCQ.jpg

Oh yeah, russians themselfs had an anti-terrorist operation in Dagestan today (rus). Lethal.

trueten said:
Maidan 'terrorists' vs Dombass 'peaceful' [local] separatists
Momi4.jpg
Are they shooting in someone or at least aiming? I don't see.

It's demotivators way to compare episodes cut from the context.
110571918_large_original__40_.jpg

110571896_large_original__39_.jpg

There's a difference between a couple guys with shotguns they probably had lying around the house in the midst of a crackdown on an otherwise unarmed protest, and a group armed exclusively with assault rifles. Get it together Rongar, Christ.

Úlfheðinn said:
Rongar is right, the bad guy here is Ukraine.
When Russia had problems with Chechnya,  Europe banned Russia in PACE,
US demanded that Russia solved problem peacefully.
When Ukraine has problems on its territory,  Europe ban Russia in PACE, US demanded that Russia solved problem peacefully.

If something bad happens in the World, blame Russians ban  Russia in PACE and demand that Russians solve problem peacefully. “West” politics is fun.

Mage246 said:
Any comparison between the Maidan activists and the separatist militias is fallacious. The Maidan activists armed themselves in self-defense against state brutality and murder. The separatists arm themselves in the absence of any initial use of force against them, and take actions designed to provoke an explicitly armed confrontation with the government. They deserve whatever they might get in response.
Are you sure that the first Molotov cocktail on  Maidan flew after the first protestant was killed as the way to defend from murdering?

Jhessail said:
Just saw on the news that Putin said on a televised speech that "using the army to attack one's own citizens is a war crime and means that a country is ruled by a military junta". So, Putin is guilty of a war crime and Russia is ruled by a military junta, thanks for confirmation. Because of Chechnya. Also, this means that Assad is guilty as well, so hooray. I want to see Lavrov's face when someone throws those comments at him in the next UN meeting.
«Because of Chechnya» it seems all that you know about it. You probably even don't know when the Chechnya started, and when it ended, and how it correlates with Putin.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
There's a difference between a couple guys with shotguns they probably had lying around the house in the midst of a crackdown on an otherwise unarmed protest, and a group armed exclusively with assault rifles. Get it together Rongar, Christ.
It's a big difference for country with legitimate power.
For country where the power was taken by force it's not so much different, even if it was taken with shotguns.

And I'm still waiting for pictures where those guys shoot using those rifles.

Rongar said:
For country where the power was taken by force
I wish.

Rongar said:
And I'm still waiting for pictures where those guys shoot using those rifles.
You're welcome
4:30

Also two armed attemps of taking a military base and one airfield. Three times were fails, soldiers shot back. But defenitely it's not a reason to disarm or even shoot those people, right?

In Rongar's defense I could say I've never realized how powerful a home propaganda campaign can be.
I mean, just look at mage, a smart fellow, capable of critical thinking, right? We agree on most things when it comes to humanitarian and political issues. Yet in a neighbouring thread he defended every war US started using same flimsy arguements they made in US media.
It's brutal.
My father, who's been living in Russia for a while, called a few days ago and was like "Flee the country, son! They're gonna kill all non-Ukrainians, you have to get outta there." And I could not change his mind on the current situation in my country, even though he's getting his information from Russian media and I see what's happening with my own ****ing eyes right here on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom