Ukraine Today

Users who are viewing this thread

Meh. In some countries all it takes to be labeled a spy is to be either an American, a Jew, OR a journalist. All three is like some kind of paranoid xenophobic anti-Semetic perfect trifecta. They must have creamed their pants when they realized who they nabbed.

After so many close calls this was rather inevitable.

But yeah, I agree with Beny here, their coverage was really good I'd say. Not unbiased, far from it, but they were always there to show what's going on.

Why the quotations on "killed". It seems as though you're implying "prehaps he's still alive, it's a conspiracy muahahaha". Albeit, that effect is probably unintentional.

But really though. Maybe he IS alive :eek:

I just copypasted the BBC headline. I assume they mean they don't consider foul play confirmed yet so he might as well have "died" from natural causes or "committed suicide".

There seems to (have) be(en) some sort of confusion on the internet as to which Vladimir/Volodymyr Rybak he was. Apparently he was some local councilman, but a lot of English sites including wikipedia identified him as the former chairman of the UA Parliament during the day. Which wouldn't make much sense to me as the high profile Rybak was/is Yanukovych's man.

Odyseuss said:
His body was tortured and dumped in a river last I checked. I think it 's safe to say it was murder.

Are you being difficult on purpose? Your "checked" consists of taking one police statement with huge implications in an obviously explosive situation as a verified fact. It's not about being pro-Russia or pro-Kiev, it's about not being a tabloid.

Dodes said:
kurczak said:
I found it interesting that now even the Ukrainian and US governments are posting pictures showing Russian involvement by Russian special forces.

Why? It seems pretty logical to me and I would do the same if I were them.

kurczak said:
Odyseuss said:
His body was tortured and dumped in a river last I checked. I think it 's safe to say it was murder.

Are you being difficult on purpose? Your "checked" consists of taking one police statement with huge implications in an obviously explosive situation as a verified fact. It's not about being pro-Russia or pro-Kiev, it's about not being a tabloid.

Dodes said:
kurczak said:
I found it interesting that now even the Ukrainian and US governments are posting pictures showing Russian involvement by Russian special forces.

Why? It seems pretty logical to me and I would do the same if I were them.
No my "checked" consists of the local news broadcast.

I just thought I'd share this with you. I think it's an important story, but it seems to have gone completely by the wayside:

http://www.businessinsider.com/simon-ostrovsky-taken-in-ukraine-2014-4

It seems the militias in Eastern Ukraine aren't much better than the fascists they claim to be fighting.

Bluehawk said:
It's been posted twice already.

Sorry, I just checked the last couple pages. Still, I honestly can't help but wonder what Russia's endgame here is, they don't have enough support in Eastern Ukraine to get it to break away from Kiev, that's pretty clear at this point, and now they're having their agents are kidnapping American journalists? It doesn't make any sense, I think they're just desperate at this point.

Well, they are driving everyone way from Russian gas and oil whilst Russian investment and stock is shrinking. ._.

Putin, Running a nationstate is more than prestige and warfare, make money anxious and money runs away. No money=no wars.  (though it never does to stop those damn Americans >.>).

Back
Top Bottom