(80) Txt Tweaks for Europe 1200 Updated 06-20-2016

Users who are viewing this thread

b9AcE said:
Subitai said:
** NEW OPTION **  Subitai's tweak Download 
If you're interested in my using my txt files, here you go: http://wikisend.com/download/283662/
Hmm, what I get when downloading that is a file that seems to be the output of "OldTimer's List-It".
I don't think that's the intention?

Oh...perhaps its because that file share service was only for 30days.  I'll put it up
Again for you.  Ill pm u as well when its up :smile:

Mr.Tweak you probably know how to merge mods with each other (both aren't mine) i really want europe 1200 with Diplomacy (i am not a patient man)i have been posting this in Diplomacy and Europe 1200 and no one replies...

Sorry dude, Mr Tweak ( :lol:, funny)  can't help you because:

1. he doesn't have to skill to merge those 2 together

2. he's not really a member of the E1200 team.  He's a big FAN and secretly wishes he was on the team...but that is another story.

3.  I think I've read in the past that E1200 has a couple of the diplomacy features already...but that they did not plan on merging them just yet.

As i've said before...I'm just happy that Korinov is still working on this.  Mabe after the Byzantine release in the next patch, they can work on few bugs or mabe improve or add more quests. 

Other than that dude...Mr Tweak has tried very hard to keep the interest in E1200 up by researching the tweaks.  You'll just have to be happy with that man. 

Subitai said:
Sorry dude, Mr Tweak ( :lol:, funny)  can't help you because:

1. he doesn't have to skill to merge those 2 together

2. he's not really a member of the E1200 team.  He's a big FAN and secretly wishes he was on the team...but that is another story.

3.  I think I've read in the past that E1200 has a couple of the diplomacy features already...but that they did not plan on merging them just yet.

As i've said before...I'm just happy that Korinov is still working on this.  Mabe after the Byzantine release in the next patch, they can work on few bugs or mabe improve or add more quests. 

Other than that dude...Mr Tweak has tried very hard to keep the interest in E1200 up by researching the tweaks.  You'll just have to be happy with that man.
hmm anyway of increasing the amount of recruits in villages and increase lords and kings party size

Kral Furkan said:
hmm anyway of increasing the amount of recruits in villages and increase lords and kings party size

Ok dude:
New Tweak Change the number of troops recruited in villages

New Tweak  Tweak The prosperity for Village Cattle / Grain quests

First thread page > Fourth Page of tweaks near the top

Please leave feedback if you use them :smile:

I'm kinda wishing for some opinions on this Tweak request below:

A users query:  when you attack a Lord whom you are at war with, you lose Faction and Standing with that Lord and his faction. If Lord Jones is in the process of pillaging one of my villages, why should I take a hit for trying to stop him? Absolutely retarded.  Can this be fixed so that no standing hit or faction loss occurs?

Reason I ask is I totally have the tweak info to post on this one. Change faction / lord relation loss when defending your village (ref # 29)

I could post it but I find myself torn on the good and bad of this.  Or the checks and balances so to speak. 

mihailo, NikeBG, Quapitty, Alex_S, Black_Scythe, Korinov ...(& all you other guys :smile: )  you wanna kick down some wisdom about this?    Historical lessons or point of views?

I don't see what could there be a dilemma about - I've always found it really stupid that defending your fief worsens your relations with the attacking lord. What does he expect - that I'm free game? Now, attacking him out in the open field - yeah, ok, I can understand that a bit (though if his country and mine are at war, I still hardly see anything for him to be upset about - "if you're afraid of bears, don't go to the woods"). So, yeah, I personally agree that such a tweak would be most useful, especially if it already exists.
Also, I find it quite irritating, though it's probably more of an old native bug, that when I defeat that said attacker, who was raiding my enemy, I can not then pick any loot or take any prisoners from him. If I'm a lord of that village, I think I should have the first dibs and not give *everything* to the village I just saved.

NikeBG...

I tend to feel the same way...it's common sense.  Yet I wanted to leave myself open for some sort of argument that I may not have thought of.

Case in point, I've seen you guys blow apart another guys query or thought about E1200 by bringing up some historical point that I never would have known.

...All right then, i'll put it up.

@Subitai. You wouldn't by any chance know how to add the "exchange fiefs" feature from diplomacy to the dialogue between player and Lords would you? I hate having a castle without the village.

Adrale said:
@Subitai. You wouldn't by any chance know how to add the "exchange fiefs" feature from diplomacy to the dialogue between player and Lords would you? I hate having a castle without the village.

Ahhh Dude...I would love to have that feature and in fact I suggested it awhile back for E1200 cause I loved that feature in Blue Blood. 

Alas, I do not have the technical skill of how to do that. 

Everytime I ask for help on the boards (with even minor things..) the bums over there keep insisting that I learn the Module system and create my own. 

I mean, I'm not even asking hard questions either but they don't wanna help.  Ever since the module system came out, they all claim its easiest to use and NOT to try and use Tweak Code adjustments.  That's fine and all...but math was not my best subject and so although I can get lucky and see patterns in numbers very well.  Most of that code stuff looks like Greek to me.  :oops:

The final kick in the arse is, I've offered to pay (via pay pal) for people to help me with things that I could put into E1200 and still nobody wants to bite!!!  I'm not saying that other people should offer this...I just feel like this Mod has given me so much fun over the last 2 years that I practically owe it to try and improve it.

It's unfortunate that sometimes when people get good at doing something they have absolutely no patience with those of us who are still learning it and tbh nerds can be some of the rudest and least accommodating people on earth. All over this forum you are lucky if you can get a question answered without an insult or even at all. I've seen more than a few people who have enthusiastically joined the forum only to quit posting after a few days because they were treated like ****.

I guess if there were some way to merge diplomacy with this mod it would include the feature automatically but that may be a huge task in itself.

In the meantime maybe you can answer some other questions for me.

1. I saw a message that said "mercenary camp north has been raided by so and so". Any idea what or where this is? It could be somewhere in the notes but locations ends somewhere in the letter L. I'm hoping that in a future version they will do something about the notes section. Somehow Brytenwalda was able to do A to Z and they have far more Lords and locales than native. I use the notes constantly to look up people and places and it is something of an inconvenience not being able to in this mod.

2. I've just renounced my oath to KofNorway and then defeated my former King. I am about to lay siege to Bergen. The problem is that suddenly "Lord Pagano de la Torre" from another faction is following me everywhere I go and when we meet he reacts as if I approached him. So if I were in camp during a siege he would initiate a conversation immediately after I beg my leave. He is so irritating that I would just attack him but he has 335 men to my 154 and I kinda hate to barely scrape out a victory right before I attack a city. Not to mention it would put my new kingdom at war with another faction as soon as i started it. I remember a lord doing this to me in PoP once but I was on my way somewhere and just left him behind and that was it. Any idea how to fix it?

p.s. I suppose you know that some of these tweaks can be done with TweakMB. Although the program does not specifically support this module you can load fe Native 1.58 and then select Europe 1200 from you mod folder and you would get some of the changes. Changing bet amounts in tournaments, skills etc. That being said you are still providing quite a serive with many of the other tweaks. Although I haven't done it yet I plan to sit down for an hour or so and implement quite a few of them. So, thanks man!

Yes Adrale...dude you "hit the nail right on the head" with those observations. 

1) "Mercenary Camp North and south" should be about middle way down = East of Italy's boot along the shoreline.  Check the islands.  (i'm just goin' off memory right now...but i'll boot my game later to make sure)

**  There is one way to work around not being able to find and "Locate or Show me where the Village/castle is" 

But only if the location is given to you as a quest for example in your "NOTES".  For example, lets say you got the find Assassination Contact quest.  (But the village was not listed in Locations)  Usually, the quest itself will enable you to find and locate the village/castle and "Show Me" from that link.

2) Lord Pagano de la Torre???  Isn't he King/Leader from Pisa or Lombard?  Off memory...I can't recall, it's easy enough find out.  I can't think of any reason that he's doing that?  Did your former King (of Norway) have a treaty or alliance with Lord Pagano?  Are you married to any relatives?

About your P.S.  Yes I do know about Kefka95's work...in fact, this is straight from my txt thread:  :smile:
I decided to do it because if any of you know of how COOL kefka95  is...he(or she?) is the one who put together all of the tweaks from the famous 82 tweaks thread from Vanilla Mount & Blade to make the awesome tool: TweakMB: A Mount & Blade Tweaking Utility

However it doesn't support E1200...so that's why I decided to play around with these. 

Dude, I really appreciate you saying that you'll take a look at implementing some tweaks.  Ya if you ask me,  some of them have really made my game very enjoyable.  It's good to know that all that hard work will be used.

@ Subitai re question 2:

Yeah he is the leader of the Lombard league. I suppose I could kit him to whatever faction they are at war with because he will sit outside any city I am resting in and then just wait for him to attack/be attacked by someone. Maybe I will be lucky and he will even get captured. Im really starting to hate this dude.

I hate to be a pain but hell we are here to talk about the mod. So I have another question. After I took Bergen I received
2 royal swords
. I love when mods do stuff like that. My question is, I'm pretty sure my inventory screen was almost completely full. Was I supposed to receive more than that? Like in PoP, you won't actually receive the qualis gem if you don't have space for it.

About your Lord Pagano problem, I'm just curious...

- if when you're 1st starting the game under the options to turn on cheats...do it.

-  Then when he's following you, use the cheat "CTRL+Left Click" to fast Teleport to a new location far away on other side of the world.    Does he still eventually come find and follow you again? 

*** This is a side topic but something strange happened to me as well, one time when I was my own King (I owned Pisa).
I  pretty much destroyed all of Lombard league and the last time I ever saw Lord Pagano he was headed up North through the HRE territory.  I never saw him again nor did I actually look for him in far away places either.  But the Lombard league was never officially defeated because even though we had ALL their properties...some of their lords were still on the loose. 

Funny thing was...i could still send an emissary to talk and speak with him...but I could never really find him close by...he must have been far away. 

This is why I've suggested a couple times to Korinov:  It would be awesome if you could ask(pay) a traveler the location of any of the faction rulers.  It would serve a 2 fold purpose...because if thier faction was mostly destroyed and you found them, they could then serve as a claimant and  you could have the FUN of resurrecting the faction. 

Adrale wrote: Was I supposed to receive more than that? Like in PoP, you won't actually receive the qualis gem if you don't have space for it.

Correct again!  Sorry I didn't think to mention that earlier.  Our mod boss :smile: ...Korinov has mentioned it I think a couple times over various threads.  Never have your inventory completely full.

You should have gotten at least 2 crowns AND 2 Royal swords  (if you had the space available) 

Yes if I teleport to another location he dutifully will follow me to the ends of the earth.

Warband has always had issues with defeated Lords and Kings. I have seen Kings of defeated factions just sit in one spot somewhere in the wilderness for hundreds of days after their faction was destroyed. The notes will say they have left the realm but there they sit belonging to faction "commoners".

Which royal crowns are they? Is it the blackish one with a crown sticking out of a mail coif and something like 40 head protection? I will just "give" them to myself out of the cheat menu.

I've been using some of these. Have you noticed that whenever you do some manual tweaking you have to go back and redo anything you had changed with tweakMB?

Adrale said:
I've been using some of these. Have you noticed that whenever you do some manual tweaking you have to go back and redo anything you had changed with tweakMB?
The is no tweak M&B for E1200...so no worries, it's all manual and almost all of them I have verified
Works.  With the exception of a couple. ..I've been using most of them in testing for over a yr now
With no errors.

My question to u..do u like them?  If so...I've done my job.  :smile:

I am using TweakMB for some stuff, loading the module under native, although it's very limited. But I am using your tweaks too. Particularly the ones that let me jump in on a siege. Certainly your compilation of little changes is one of the most useful threads on this board. 2nd only to the thread that introduces and allows you to download the mod.

Back
Top Bottom