[S/WB]Empire III The Campaign old thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this mod playable yet? As in most features are in and not incredibly buggy? I know its just in alpha.

It is playable, but you will run into few bugs, the biggest being the caravans getting stuck at coasts.
But everything else is mostly functional, and as you have a lot more options, it is quite fun!
If you are playing this( I can only recommend ), and run into bugs, please be so kind and report them here!

Thank you!

put in faction heroes armor, faction plate armor from MP Madness, won't be merchandise by beta
got the right models in for the wagon system, changed the bull to a donkey

yees more armor :smile:

What do you guys think about this siege?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zhy7ed9e9u5bidc/mb_warband%202014-08-20%2013-15-59-781.jpg

As you can see, there are 3 ways the AI will enter the castle, your army must be larger though, as smaller armies will only use the main gate, as the AI must spawn in the other AI meshes, which only happens with a larger army.

I thought that this would lead to a more interesting siege.

I plan to make this one the siege for the normal 4 roman towns, and I want to add one really hard siege for the roman emperors town.

Pizzaraider said:
yees more armor :smile:

What do you guys think about this siege?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zhy7ed9e9u5bidc/mb_warband%202014-08-20%2013-15-59-781.jpg

As you can see, there are 3 ways the AI will enter the castle, your army must be larger though, as smaller armies will only use the main gate, as the AI must spawn in the other AI meshes, which only happens with a larger army.

I thought that this would lead to a more interesting siege.

I plan to make this one the siege for the normal 4 roman towns, and I want to add one really hard siege for the roman emperors town.

looks good, sounds good

made it so everyone gets the heirloom item

wagon and cart
1z1bw2g.jpg
egpoo0.jpg

The Roman Capital:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rm6ui2ocv6u9xiw/mb_warband%202014-08-21%2000-05-03-288.jpg

View from the first gatehouse:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/elwh0nsl5rhkqog/mb_warband%202014-08-21%2000-52-45-188.jpg

The last defender spawn is after the third and btw HUGE gate

Still not sure how to make the siege really hard except for the long way and the good archer positions on the gatehouses, any ideas?

Edit:
OK, this is deadly with some ranged units:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpbq60u2j1b7y80/mb_warband%202014-08-21%2015-43-13-121.jpg

Try to reach these gates without being shredded by defending archers:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ptpu1n29pmxsmce/mb_warband%202014-08-21%2015-49-13-971.jpg

@ Pizzaraider:  the towns look great!  I think the long narrow approaches look very deadly!

@Lor:  like the wagon & cart!

Mule and ox
2rp5oio.jpg
v3q0li.jpg

concept for chariot, right now the horse isn't animated, need a horse skeleton and maybe animations moved forward, anyone interested in helping?
afbo87.jpg

battleshot notice the dead body flying through the air
awrnux.jpg

making more progress with economy
25tcbyg.jpg

put original steppe charger back in
fw3ly.jpg

gold plate released as OSP
1fxp39.jpg

@Pizzaraider will try to answer messages later today
@Pizzaraider with 2.88 check out economy see if it's better, if you would, you want to upload scenes so I can add them
anyone else that wants to check out 2.88 PM me

So, the economy seems to be ok now, am 50 days in, will playtest further tomorrow. Average Town prosperity is around 60, no longer falling.
I will now finish the japanese scenes and then upload them+the rom scenes, eta ~1 hour

I will list the bugs I find during playtesting here, post might get edited a lot.

1. Im serving as a mercenary for a lord, and I always get this error:
- get_object failed for mesh: pic_soldier_world_map

2. In many castles, when you´re inside the keep, and turn around to go outside manually, not by tab, theres only a .
  Nothing happens when you press F then. Afterwards, when pressing tab, you´re immediately directed into the castle downtown menu, instead of the general menu

3. Script error on opcode 23:Invalid Script Parameter ID: 2; LINE NO: At Script [208] cf_select_most_profitable_town_at_peace_with_faction_in_trade_route.

4. Warehouse trade isnt working properly anymore: I will send you a screen:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ow66731ui0ah3yp/mb_warband%202014-08-27%2018-35-55-188.jpg?dl=0

Different error line numbers for every good that costs 0

Pizzaraider said:
I will list the bugs I find during playtesting here, post might get edited a lot.

1. Im serving as a mercenary for a lord, and I always get this error:
- get_object failed for mesh: pic_soldier_world_map

2. In many castles, when you´re inside the keep, and turn around to go outside manually, not by tab, theres only a .
  Nothing happens when you press F then. Afterwards, when pressing tab, you´re immediately directed into the castle downtown menu, instead of the general menu

3. Script error on opcode 23:Invalid Script Parameter ID: 2; LINE NO: At Script [208] cf_select_most_profitable_town_at_peace_with_faction_in_trade_route.

4. Warehouse trade isnt working properly anymore: I will send you a screen:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ow66731ui0ah3yp/mb_warband%202014-08-27%2018-35-55-188.jpg?dl=0

Different error line numbers for every good that costs 0

1. should be fixed now was missing a brf file entry in the ini file

2.there are a lot of non working doors have to check that at some point

3. not sure whats causing this someone will have to tell me what I need to look for

4. this has been removed altogether

sorry for the lack of progress as far as getting new stuff done, but I want to fix as many problems as I can first.

also I'm playing around with the chariot idea wish I knew how they did it in wedding dance

anyone play testing besides me and Pizzaraider?

added new scene props for Roms and Guls

got 71 more villages placed

check tavern scene make sure all this background stuff is erased
xpc5k9.jpg

new scenes aren't going in nicely something in the brf file send me yours, might have something to do with you changing material names?

Rom capital minus buildings, see your scene is ok
2rml743.jpg

inside new arena
2dcgyfq.jpg

another Rom town scene is it correct?
20trsd3.jpg

Lor Dric said:
check tavern scene make sure all this background stuff is erased
xpc5k9.jpg

new scenes aren't going in nicely something in the brf file send me yours, might have something to do with you changing material names?

Rom capital minus buildings, see your scene is ok
2rml743.jpg

inside new arena
2dcgyfq.jpg

another Rom town scene is it correct?
20trsd3.jpg

I will check the tavern, think I know what I did wrong

At least the arena is working

And no, that last one isnt correct, can you tell me its filename ? I will check the terrain codes, probably messed that up

getting closer, its something in the walls brf or the materials for walls brf will check which one tomorrow

its the materials brf
mheg0h.jpg

Rom towns, need AI meshes checked, notice pic of woman trying to get through wall, we can clean up trees later
the alley scene was all of town, that won't work. alley scenes need to be small

vwpb3s.jpg
mh828y.jpg
1109nx5.jpg
2le1chg.jpg
ke69sp.jpg
35lc64n.jpg
j99ava.jpg
2rrqtrs.jpg

will check gul towns shortly

edit:
they all have the wrong base land now, still something wrong in gul brf send me the right terrain code please

its the materials again

2sbsfnk.jpg
2ugni21.jpg

So sorry i havent been active at all guys, health has been a massive pain in the arse the last few weeks :sad: Hoping to recover enough to do some testing for you Lor =)

I will do the Ai meshes for all the towns, didnt think they´d be needed, forgot the townwalkers need them.

I just wonder why the brf collection I used wont work for you?

And to the wrong base land, did you insert all the terrain codes I sent with into the MS?
I fixed the tavern, minor ladder fix in the arena. Will fix all 10 towns, hopefully done today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom