[Werewolf: Archives] Werewolf: A Memory of Light - Game Over! Converted Victory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twilight 3

"Why has this been done to me? Why have I been put into this body? Why?"
- Aran'gar

dYh6Q.png

Ulven Manden was sure of it. The seamstress, Jane Brinn, was a darkfriend. He was sure of it. After thinking about her actions over the course of the last three days, he had concluded that she is too suspicious to look past. He would have to tell the others.

Through the streets he walked, towards the inn owned by Adaham. That is where Ulven had been dicing during his stay here, and he had met a few people he trusted there. He approached the inn and opened the door, walking into the common room. The atmosphere was sullen. It must have been the news from this morning. It didn't really affect Ulven. He wasn't from these parts of the world, but he could understand how it would affect the people.

He could see Aldero sitting at a table by himself, smoking from a pipe. Ulven kept his eyes down and proceeded to move across the room and sit down beside him.

"What do you want, boy?" Aldero did not look his way.

"I... I wanted to ask if you felt the same way as I do. Jane Brinn, the seamstress. I think she is a darkfriend." Aldero's eyes lit up.

"You do, son? I was beginning to feel the same way." He turned to look towards Ulven. "Do you think enough people believe the same?"

"I... I'm not sure. But I could ask around." Aldero inclined his head and turned back round to stare into space. Ulven took his leave and asked a few people. Iridor, the young boy agreed, so too did the young Taraboner gleeman, Andahar. He went to the kitchens and asked the cook, and she also agreed. Deciding to go to the Seamstress' shop, they set off out of the inn.

-

Jane Brinn was sat at her kitchen table, eating a bowl of stew. The shop was running out of cloth. With the gates shut, she couldn't import any and there wasn't much made in Caemlyn, but she continued to sell. It was doing no good to her business. She took another spoon of the stew, when the front door burst open.

She jumped to her feet, and went through into the hallway to investigate. She prepared the One Power. Through the door stepped the First Maid, followed by a dozen Royal Guards. A group of people followed them in.

"What are you here for, woman?" The guards spread about the room.

"The Queen wants you. You have been found to be a darkfriend, and we are arresting you." Jane went to send a fireball at the group, but her connection to the True Source was blocked, and she could no longer sense saidin. Her eyebrows raised in surprise, but the guards were on her in an instant. She struggled to break their hold on her, but they were too many and too strong. They carried her out the door.

"I had suspected she was a channeler." Melara sighed. "I think we got lucky tonight."

0zmEq.png

Trevty has been arrested and can no longer post in the thread.

I'll get a lynch narration up sometime soon. Then it will be the Night Phase. You may continue to talk until the narration.​

Twilight Narration

"She could destroy the lot of them, and even dying they would never suspect who was killing them. Of course, she would not survive them long. That thought made her shiver. The Great Lord gave very few a second chance at life, and she was not about to throw away hers."
- Aran'gar

dYh6Q.png

Melara cradled her wrist. The pain made her angry, though it was not the only thing. Her anger had nearly gotten the best of her for the whole day, but she tried not to think of what happened. She had to do things. Sadness was something else she felt. For the Queen, and for herself. She surely wouldn't have long left.

There was another execution to attend to. This one will surely be a darkfriend. Melara walked down the hallway towards the courtyard. The Queen would already be there, she believed. The Palace was silent, like a Lion that was dormant. Waiting for the opportune time to strike. She opened the door and walked on to the balcony. Cheers from the crowd greeted her.

Two guards were dragging the woman towards the mechanism. They were followed by two women, who Melara supposed were Aes Sedai. Approaching the mechanism, the bent the woman over it. The bucket was placed on the opposite of the mechanism, as it was always. The crowd fell silent, waiting for the Queen.

Laughter broke the silence. All eyes fell to the seamstress.

"She was weak!" More laughter. The Queen glanced sideways at Melara. The woman's voice echoed around the courtyard. "No chance. She had none. I had my ways and then ended your daughter's life with a touch of my finger. She was weak, and she had no chance."

Laughter rang out again.

The Melara's face became flushed, her anger rising. Melara was sure the Queen felt the same way. The man besides the mechanism looked up to the balcony. The Queen raised her hand, dropped it and turned. Melara followed the Queen back into the Royal Palance, to the sound of a thud and the cheering of the crowd.

0zmEq.png

Trevty has been lynched. He was the Dreadlord.

It is now the Night Phase. Deadline is Monday 9th September, 20:00 GMT.

Night 3

"Death comes for us all. We can only choose how to face it when it comes."
- Aviendha

dYh6Q.png

Ishtar felt odd. She had done since last night, since the strange visit from... him. Her new master, not that she had ever had one before. But this gave her a new reason to live, after the death of the Dragon Reborn. The grey tendrils relieved her of the pain, and the anger, and the sadness.

The One Power was gone. That was a downside to her new state. She could no longer sense the One Power, and that sense of loss tugged at Ishtar’s heart, as a child would tug at the skirts of their dead mother, hoping that they would wake up. Life was a pale comparison without saidar.

She had managed to cope well today. Nobody suspected her, at least. All she did was cook in the inn and shout at maids. Darkfriends were still her enemy, so she could help the others looking for them. Not that she didn’t want to. They had killed Alexei, which she wouldn’t forgive them for.

It didn’t surprise her when a gateway opened up in front of her, as she sat crosslegged on the floor. A man in black strode through. Ishtar found herself rooted to the spot, unable to move. Although light of skin, the man emanated darkness. His hair, his eyes and the aura that radiated around him shrunk the room, until all she could see was him. He strode towards her, and the gateway shut behind him.

“You have come to the wrong place, Forsaken. You will not find what you are looking for here.” Inspecting the room, he appeared to not take great interest in her. His face was a mask of calmess. Perhaps he wore a mask of the power too, but it was unlikely.

“And what would that be?” Walking towards the mirror on the wall, he studied his own face. The room was silent for a moment.

“My new master was one of you, once.” He let out a barked laugh.

“One of us? He was but a hound, to us. We used him as we willed, and he repaid us by leading us here.” Spreading his arms wide, he turned to face her. “And now he turns away and hides from us? A coward.”

“You understimate him. He is more powerful than you could imagine. He will destroy the Dark One, in a battle of darkness against darkness.” The amusement on his face was easily apparent.

“Fools. You are a fool if you believe the man’s ramblings. The Great Lord of the Dark will have his way this time, now that the Dragon Reborn has fallen.” Emotion bubbled inside of Ishtar. Noticing this, he strode towards her and put a hand to her chin, tilting her face up to look him in the eye.

“Ah! I see.” A hint of a smile touched his lips. “You were one of his... girls. I had heard that there were three of them. And with one of them gone already...” He took a step back and raised his hand.

“...I think we could make that two down, now.” A thick bar of white-hot fire burst from his hand, as wide as his head. Ishtar could barely make out the grey tendrils sneaking from under the door to her room as the balefire struck her chest, vapourising her into nothing, as if she were never there.

-

Melara sought death tonight. The sadness barely registered with her now, and the rage was almost all consuming. This was a downside to the bond that she had been told about by Sera when she bonded her, when she was ripped out of Tel’aran’rhiod. But she never expected to deal with it.

Frenzy had slowly built up over the day and it was reaching it’s peak, now. Sera had told her that the feeling would be almost instant unless she underwent treatment, but perhaps it had happened the way it had due the odd circumstance in which the bond was created.

It hadn’t been a great help that her night had been a strange one. A man had knocked her out, and she had woken in a room she did not recognise. From what she could tell, he was a Children of the Light, but when she pleaded for death, he looked at her strangely. He had kept her there for a while, but eventually let her out.

She had walked back to the Royal Palace after that. The confusion had kept Melara’s emotion in check for a while, but it had began to creep back into her mind not long after. Another event had occurred later that night. Melara had not long been back in her room in the Royal Palace when she heard a knock on her door. She opened the door to a hooded woman, who she did not recognise, though she noted the ageless face of an Aes Sedai. The woman offered to heal her of her injuries using the One Power. Melara had accepted and was grateful to have full use of her wrist again, although Melara viewed this as a waste in hindsight now that her emotions had come roaring back.

Swords were never her strength. In all her past lives she had always carried a bow. It was what she was good at. Gaidal had all the brute strength, the sword arm and the ugliness she had needed, but she had been ripped away from him when she was pulled from the Dream World. Even though she had been losing memories from her past life, and that her soul was drifting from his, she supposed she would be with him again soon.

A sword would be good enough tonight. It would give her the ending she craved now. Striding out of her room, she headed towards the guard’s barracks, where she was sure to find enough men. She had put on her old garments for this task. Dying in her First Maid dress would not do, though she left her bracers, bow and quiver back in the antechamber to her room. Those were not needed tonight.

Guards had given her a few odd glances as she walked the corridors of the Palace. They did not recognise her in this outfit, and she wasn’t deemed a threat. Maybe she could get it over quicker than anticipated? As she reached the main entrance to the Palace, she was finally stopped by a pair of guards.

“What reason have you to be wandering around this late, my... Lady?” The bald one on the left raised his eyebrow as he took in her tightly fitted leather jerkin, which she had left loosely tied at the top. She had always wore revealing clothes, and he seemed taken aback by the amount of bosom that was on show. Andor seemed to be oddly affronted by such a show of skin compared to other nations. Melara guessed that her revealed skin made him felt at odds with the male clothing she was wearing. She took this moments pause to begin.

Golden braid swinging behind her, she reached forward and pulled his sword from his scabbard. Grabbing his arm, she yanked him towards her and used the pommel of his sword to knock him out. She barely had time to react before the other was upon her.

The unconsious guard fall to the floor before dodging the charge of the other. Turning the sword in her hand, she now held it the right way up. It felt a good sword, not that she could tell if it was or not. He sent a downward stroke her way, and they began to dance. Melara wasn’t the best dancer, but she kept with him for a time. Noise from the clashing of swords had attracted other guards towards them. Anger rose inside her, and she fought with increasing ferocity. She was focused on the man in front of her, the man who sent the steel of his sword her way. The guard was too pretty for her tastes, too young. She never noticed the guard behind her until it was too late. Pain exploded in her back and through her body, as the shock stopped her dead. The head of the pike poked through from between her breasts. Blood trickled from her mouth as she breathed her last breath.

She was back where she ought to be, wanted to be; back with her Gaidal, waiting for the Horn with the others.

-

Jane Brinn was sure that she had died. Had the Great Lord granted her a third life? Surely not.

It must have been... yes, it must have been him. It could not have been another. He was the only one granted the permission to use that by the Great Lord. Jane did not like this feeling. She felt around her neck, but no sign of the cut remained. Would he be surprised if she paid him a visit tonight?

It did not matter. Jane was alive, and she still had a mission to do. Reaching for the One Power, she weaved a gateway to their usual meeting place and strode timidly through, the gateway winking out of existance behind her.

0zmEq.png

"Birgitte Silverbow. Faith of the Light, I’m not sure I still am that
woman. So much of what I was and knew has faded like mist beneath the summer sun since my strange new birth. I’m no hero now, only another woman to make my way."

- Birgitte Silverbow

Shatari, the Aiel Wise One who was Converted by Mashadar, has been killed.
Moose!, the Hero of the Horn, has died.
QuailLover is no longer injured.
Trevty has been brought back from the dead. He is now alive and may post.

I am away from the 10th to the 19th of this month. Xardob will be a temporary moderator, and will be who you look to should you need help (though send me a copy of the PMs). He will set the deadlines, and will oversee the next day and Night Phase. I will write narrations when I come back.

I've come back from the dead to rule over all of you. Fear and despair.

The deadline for this day is Tuesday the 17th so that the night can end right around the time Vieira gets back. I may be open to change it, given a good enough reason to do so.

what why are our villains popping back from the dread?

I have to admit to a suspicion as to who did it. Suffice it to say for now; I did some moseying around. Great. What a ****ty night for the village. If I read my night well, I think some attempt was made on me. No results, but a peculiar 'dream'. And the investi-Moose is dead as well. Nonetheless; Grim's a creep and Trevty a crook. By my interpretation; one player here, as Trevty's boss, resurrected her. Magorian. you got any ideas how such a someone might be caught?

Well, that's a big night.

I had given a lot of thought to my analysis of Grimmend's ability, and I had come to the conclusion that perhaps Vieira was using injuries as the "cooldown", as Grimmend was injured. It would mean that there was a two day cooldown, as any attempts to lynch Grimmend during that time (reducing to a second injury) would kill him. It made sense.

But all that seems to be a bit of a moot point. There is no target more worth killing than Trevty. Seriously, what if that **** runs with a cooldown? Dude could just come back again. And there is no point trying even the most convincing of targets when a known wolf is alive. It's annoying that, between Grimmend and Trevty, we've essentially had two no-lynches this game.

We also learned there is a converter. Lovely. We have ten living players, a wolf pack of likely three or four, and a converter who has had three nights to convert making their group at most three strong (the converter, plus two living converts). There's a number of possibilities, but we may only have three villagers left. This could be a tough game to swing. Other possibilities include converted wolves, chance based conversions, and a smaller pack. That would mean likely five or six villagers.

And the seer is dead.

Vote: Trevty Don't everyone jump on board at once. We genuinely need the day of discussion, even though the lynch is so obvious.

FrisianDude said:
what why are our villains popping back from the dread?

I have to admit to a suspicion as to who did it. Suffice it to say for now; I did some moseying around. Great. What a ****ty night for the village. If I read my night well, I think some attempt was made on me. No results, but a peculiar 'dream'. And the investi-Moose is dead as well. Nonetheless; Grim's a creep and Trevty a crook. By my interpretation; one player here, as Trevty's boss, resurrected her. Magorian. you got any ideas how such a someone might be caught?

Can you tell us any more about that dream of yours?

Are you asking if I have any ideas how to kill Trevty's boss (if that's the relationship. I don't know the lore, but DreadLORD seems telling to me) of if I have any ideas how to identify Trevty's boss?

If the former, the good old fashioned lynch seems to be the only option. If the latter, well, no. Nothing beyond good wolf hunting. And that will find us wolves in general, not her boss in particular.

Well.

I think our primary target right now should be whoever brought Trevty back, as that role seems more dangerous than just him. However, for now i'll go with who I know is a bad dude.

Vote Trevty.

...well then.

I'm very confused at what just happened to Moose!.

First, the Inquisitor got her, and released her unharmed (Which could either mean that he can't kill, or he only injures guilty people...Quail.)

Next, a healer comes to mend her wrist.  This seems suspicious, as we have seen no presence of a healer in this game as of yet (Unless they only healed Magorian Night 2 and did nothing else Night 1 or 3, so if Mag could clear that I would appreciate it)

Next, for some reason I can't explain, she goes out and attacks the guards.  Now, depending on Mags' answer about the healer, I believe that it 'healer' was the converter attempting to gain control over Moose! like the others, since I can't think of any other logical reason for Moose! to attack the guards.  Unfortunately for the converter, Moose! died almost instantly, just like the rest.

Shataris' death I can't really make sense of either, unless there is a stipulation in her character ability that says she would be killed if converted, given her relationship with the Reborn as mentioned in the narration.

And Trevtys'...undeath.  I do have to half-disagree with Mag on the 'no-lynch' designation he gave to Trevtys' lynch.  While, yes he is still alive, we both learned that:
A: Trevty is in fact a wolf.
B: Their is a wolf Necromancer (Male, given the narration)

And as for Mags' faction count, I justlike to remind you that Hitson resisted (somehow) and died, so the convert team is at most 2, 1 if I'm right about Moose! being the one turned.

On my phone, so this'll be brief. I'll make a more exhaustive reply soon.

I was visited by the healer, as is shown in the narration. My pm was pretty much the same as the public narration. We've seen the healer on nights two and three. It should be obvious why we didn't on night one. There were, as of yet, no injuries. We can be decently certain this person is not the converter, because Moose! would have been purple when he died. Also, if you think the healer and the person who controlled Hitson are the same, you don't have enough nights to account for all of their actions. Target Hitson night one, me night two, Moose last night, and Shatari is unaccounted for. I think it's pretty clear they're different people. Not to mention, healing tends not to be an evil ability.

As for the inquisitor person, another possibility is that they have a percentage chance of injury.

I think Moose's death is somehow related to his role. He was, in the narration, having problems before anyone visited him. I think this is a demonstration of an "insane" role.

You're absolutely right about the information we gained. Still a wasted day though.

I am not going to proof this, damn phone, so I'm hoping it's readable.

...Ah, re-read the Night 2 narration, alright that one's on me, and I didn't consider the insanity thing for the attack (We had a very handicapped scout if that is true, didn't we?), so that's enough of an explanation for me.

And back on the case of the converter, I'm going to try and get all of Shataris' Day 3 post together and see if there were any patterns to his day. Relating to Hitsons' confession of the six votes demanded of him prior to his injuring and death, Shatari may have had a different (or the same) challenge, so the more we know about this spell...charm...hex...thingy, the better chance we have of identifying the target.

On that note, while I am not saying you shouldn't vote, might I suggest we keep the official vote changes to a minimum until the day gets closer to the end (3 days to deadline or so?), so we can have a better chance of finding last nights converted individual?

Well, collecting the quotes went quicker than I thought.  Here is everything Shatari said day 3, if anyone else wants to check for.

Shatari said:
Well, that certainly adds a bit more weight to your story. Who else have you followed?

Shatari said:
Alright, so that means (if you're telling the truth (and I don't see what you would gain for lying)) Hitson wasn't the person who was following me that night, so either we have two blockers or Hitson's story is bogus.

Shatari said:
Yeah, it was likely a one time power for dodging the lynch. It's a pity he wasted the lynch, but I think it underlines his guilt: An innocent would have warned us of the ability so that we would at least have some warning.

Shatari said:
Lord Brutus said:
I guess, by implication, Moose is telling us, if we believe him, that Shatari is an innocent.
False. Moose was blocked when he tried to inspect me. As a result I am not cleared.

Moose! said:
I also tend to buy into the story that Grimmend attacking Wolfhead is an attempt to get a noob wolf to shut up, and in light of Burgess' deception (can you point me to that post by the way), I think we have a strong case against this pack.
The post in question is here. Note that it is possible for us to have more than one type of blocker, it just seems an odd thing to admit.

Shatari said:
For the safety of the village I'd recommend we proceed with "Shatari isn't cleared". It doesn't hurt me, and it leaves the village safe from any false positives. (Seriously, two of my recent wolf wins have been due to the village believing me to be innocent. Don't. It's a bad habit, no matter who you're trusting.)

Shatari said:
Not to mention that he dropped his vote where it wasn't going to do any good. Trevty wasn't in danger of being lynched last night, so Fishy could park a vote on him safely without having to worry about killing a packy (or an innocent, in Grimm turns out to just be frustratingly bad at playing an innocent this game).

Shatari said:
I'll try and make a post later today, but currently I've got farm work taking my my free time.

I would like to say that I agree with Mag about doubting Grimm's innocence (there was no pro-town motive to provide that much of a distraction for us, especially knowing that it could cost us a lynch), but the narrative does support the idea that he's just got a die roll chance to survive an attempt on his life. I think we can back burner him for a day without risking anything.

Shatari said:
I don't think there's any doubt that Trevty is going to be dying soon. I'm honestly in favor of lynching him today, instead of waiting to see what Grimm really is. After all, either you're a wolf playing a bad gambit, or Trevty is a killer. I'm leaning towards the latter, and I want to remove him now just in case he has any secondary powers that we'll regret leaving in play.

Shatari said:
Trevty said:
I think the first day is pretty irrelevant now.
Bull****. The first day can stay relevant throughout the entire game. That's when the wolves haven't talked to each other, haven't agreed on lynch targets, and haven't agreed on how to interact with one another. You've been trying to devalue 'Day 1' throughout this entire game, and I think it's very obvious now as to why.

Shatari said:
I'd recommend Hitson or Grimm. I'm leading towards Hitson, since Grimm hasn't been keen on wolf hunting anyways. Hitson is replacing a suspicious character, but Hitson himself has been willing to wolf hunt and brought a lot of attention to Trevty that doesn't fall in line with what I would expect from a packmate.

Shatari said:
Actually, I think Hulk might be a better bet. He's been bugging me for a while due to his passive bandwagoning and the fact that he never brings anything to the table, but this post here bugs me the most:
HULKSMASH said:
Moose makes an interesting case for Trevty, he's higher up on my list of suspects than before, and I'm not sure how I feel about Grimmend dodging the Lynch.
Either Moose is a wolf who wants to commit suicide, or we have a seer pointing us to a smoking gun. Why are you so non-committal? Further, while I can understand confusion on why Grimm is still alive, you're trying to avoid any sort of statement at all on the matter. I strongly think that you're a wolf.

Shatari said:
Well, Hitson definitely made the most of himself with that sacrifice: That will clear up any doubt as to his role, and gives us the equivalent of a free lynch on a suspicious character.

I rather doubt the person who killed him is the same person who does the killing, so we will need to focus on finding a second female character to hunt. That means Frisian, Feragorn, Hulk, and myself all need extra scrutiny. I'm honestly leaning towards Hulk being a wolf, so I'll try and make a case about him tonight.

Shatari said:
My biggest trouble with targeting Grimmend first is that one of the two female wolves sounds a lot like a converter in the narration. I would rather leave a killer loose over a converter, or else they'll have a lot more control of the lynch when we go pruning our female population.

Shatari said:
Vieira said:
"We wished for your aid, in our cause. But you seemed oddly..." the green eyed woman tilted her head to one side, looking thoughtfully towards her, "resistant to our methods."

"Perhaps I have been too lenient on this one." The woman Maevah knew gave her a dangerous smile as Green Eyes nodded. "I think I shall be more... strict on our future subjects."

She strode towards Maevah, as Green Eyes watched on. Stuck to the spot, Maevah could do nothing as the woman laid her hand upon her head. Maevah felt a strange tingle in her head again.

"I could make you do whatever I want, could I not?"

"Yes, mistress." Maevah went to her knees, head touched the floor. "Whatever you please." Anything to serve her mistress.

"Good. At least I can see this still works. I am still terribly surprised you were resistant. I have no need of you anymore, however." A gateway opened behind Green Eyes, and a man stepped in. He wore dark clothing, that went with his dark hair and dark eyes. The women nodded as he walked up towards Maevah. Maevah stayed strong, and looked him in the chin.
I've bolded the more obvious parts, but even if she can only control who you vote for then she's still very dangerous.

Shatari said:
But again, that was a killer, not the potential converter. We have two female villains, and one male (that we know of, anyways). If there is a chance that we have a female converter, then we need to focus heavily on taking her out asap. They both reduce our innocent count by one every night, but a converter would also gives them a vote and a voice to work with, and prevents us from being able to trust anyone for long. (Moose is an innocent now, but will he be innocent tomorrow?) Again, I think still think Grimm is a wolf, but he's probably the least dangerous wolf in the pack.

Shatari said:
Moose! said:
Would a converter be separate from a Darkfiend?
I don't believe we have any real way to answer that. The narrative appears to place them on the same team.

Shatari said:
Two injuries will kill you, so it may be best to investigate the one you suspect the least. It still clears them, and it gives us a chance to have you use your ability again.

@Mag: I still think we're better off going for the definite wolf tonight, and Grimm tomorrow. I admit we can't take his word for how his power works, but I just think it would be over powered for him to be able to dodge the lynch twice just because he put a day between them.

Shatari said:
With the deadline coming up tomorrow, I'm going to go ahead and Vote: Trevty. If we have a blocker then Grimm would be a good choice for blocking, and we can focus on him tomorrow (unless a more pressing matter develops). After that I strongly recommend we focus on finding the other female wolf. Hitson may have had a role that made him hard to control, and we shouldn't bet on the next target being that lucky. Or that he was their only target so far, since we're two nights in.

Well ****, that was a ****ty night, but at least we have some information.

So we have a converter of some sort, and he is probably feeling really ****ty about loosing a convert. However, Shatari did provoke the wolves into attacking him, so he may have been on to something.

I imagine we have a head honcho "alpha wolf" and I think it could be him who actually does the healing.

I confess to being a bit confused by last night's activities, but not as confused as Quail.  Moose gets knocked out, held for a while, released unharmed, healed then goes out and gets himself killed.  How does that even happen?

Trevty's quick vote on himself makes me wonder if there might be some kind of insta-win strategy for him, but I see no precedent for that in previous games.  Lynching Trevty again seems our best bet since I can't picture his resurrection converting him to a different role.

Magorian Aximand said:
A "head honcho" wolf who chose to heal, wait for it, the seer.

I meant some one who does the reviving. I slipped up. Because I'm pretty sure the healer couldn't revive/would revive a person confirmed to be a wolf.

Back
Top Bottom