[Werewolf: Archives] Werewolf: A Memory of Light - Game Over! Converted Victory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Ahh, that narration. Hadn't actually read that one yet, just skipped to the bottom. Since I was mid post.

I see what you're thinking, but there's a few flaws in your reasoning.

The first, albeit less important, is that Hitson's actions and eventual death demonstrate that this isn't a conversion ability. He was targeted twice, and remained innocent. In his explanation he mentioned nothing of the threat of conversion. But let's assume that conversion is a possibility with this character. We can actually be reasonably certain, with a little help from Moose, that this person is not Trevty.

Moose followed Trevty and witnessed his actions at night. He said Trev did "terrible things", but didn't specify what they were. I assumed it was Troll's death. If Trevty instead (or also) visited Hitson, Moose would know. If Moose didn't see that, we can know your other lady wolf is not Trevty. Can you help us with this, Moose?

If Moose can confirm that Trev isn't the converter/controller then Grimmend is still the better target. I'd agree that we don't want a possible converter hanging around, but we can't exactly go fishing in the group of females and hope. Not with a potentially pressing case with Grimmend. Would you agree that Grimmend is the better lynch if Trev is not the wolf who was after Hitson?

Magorian Aximand said:
He said Trev did "terrible things", but didn't specify what they were.

Hope I can clear that up - I can't quote the message or my role verbatim as per the rules, but I guess its okay if I elaborate a bit more.

The "terrible things" in question were done to me. Basically, I followed him, was stopped by a invisible force and then strangled by a tapestry. :razz:

My role suggests that when I follow a Darkfiend, I will be injured by their dark power, which tells me that Trevty is a Darkfiend. Unfortunately, this incident prevents me from figuring out just what it was that Trevty did last night.

UNVOTE for the time being, since I don't want this all to be decided too soon.

Two injuries will kill you, so it may be best to investigate the one you suspect the least. It still clears them, and it gives us a chance to have you use your ability again.

@Mag: I still think we're better off going for the definite wolf tonight, and Grimm tomorrow. I admit we can't take his word for how his power works, but I just think it would be over powered for him to be able to dodge the lynch twice just because he put a day between them.

Shatari said:
Actually, I think Hulk might be a better bet. He's been bugging me for a while due to his passive bandwagoning and the fact that he never brings anything to the table, but this post here bugs me the most:
HULKSMASH said:
Moose makes an interesting case for Trevty, he's higher up on my list of suspects than before, and I'm not sure how I feel about Grimmend dodging the Lynch.
Either Moose is a wolf who wants to commit suicide, or we have a seer pointing us to a smoking gun. Why are you so non-committal? Further, while I can understand confusion on why Grimm is still alive, you're trying to avoid any sort of statement at all on the matter. I strongly think that you're a wolf.
When I posted that, I hadn't had time to fully evaluate what he had said, I was simply putting in my most basic thoughts to avoid inactivity, as I've been swamped with schoolwork as of late, but coming to you now I can say that I believe that Trevty is likely a wolf.
As for the concern about not bringing new thoughts to the table, I haven't really learned how to properly hunt for wolves yet. I'm trying to analyze, but it's tough. If Moose is still alive tonight, I would encourage him to investigate me if he suspects me of anything.

I'm sorry Magorian, are you genuinely using "I was there" as an argument? How should I know you were actually there? Leaving a tab open means the game looks as if you're still reading it, just having posted can easily mean you've gone away again. As ludicrous as it may sound, this game is not about you. Whether you were there or not is decidedly irrelevant and incredibly petty to bring up as an argument.

Magorian Aximand said:
At the beginning of this day, he demonstrates how closely he's reading by, after I said "I have quite a lot to say about Fris as well, stuff I find really rather convincing, but it doesn't exactly line up with the prevailing theory. Unless there's a pack of four. I'll look into his interactions with the other three while I'm at it.", he asks, "Magorian, what makes you think I'm with Trev, Hitson and Grimmend? "

Really?
Not to mention, really really? You said "unless there's a pack of four" and I wanted an explanation of why that seems more likely to you than the prevailing theory.  I thought you thought the pack of four more likely because of "stuff I find really rather convincing." Something you've never addressed except to be snide about it now. Don't say "really"when you should say "that's not how I meant  what I said".

Trevty said:
Woah, developments today.  I want to know more about what happened to Burgess.  Also, what does his role mean?  Is there someone familiar with the lore that can explain it?

We already know what happened to Burgess - he flat out told us and then died because of it.

Trevty said:
I don't see any problem with this.  Of course I wouldn't vote for myself, I know my own innocence, but it was too late in the day to go for my other choice (the now cleared) Burgass.  With the lack of activity on Day 2, it was a miracle in and of itself that we managed to get some kind of lynch at all.  And, as I said before, I thought I wouldn't have another chance to change my vote later (though, I now know I could have changed it, but hindsight is 20/20 and all that) so it seemed best to work towards ensuring a lynch rather than just hoping someone else would show up and do it.

You seem very preoccupied with defending yourself, and less so with hunting.

Despite being a dead guy I say that with the deadline tomorrow there needs to be more activity.

With the deadline coming up tomorrow, I'm going to go ahead and Vote: Trevty. If we have a blocker then Grimm would be a good choice for blocking, and we can focus on him tomorrow (unless a more pressing matter develops). After that I strongly recommend we focus on finding the other female wolf. Hitson may have had a role that made him hard to control, and we shouldn't bet on the next target being that lucky. Or that he was their only target so far, since we're two nights in.

Ok, so after the death of Hitson, here is how this stands. Will get a narration up sometime, I promise.

Vote Count 2

QuailLover 0-
FrisianDude 0-
Shatari 0-
Magorian Aximand    0-
HULKSMASH 0-
Feragorn 0-
Eternipples0-
Trevty 6- Eternipples, TheFlyingFishy, Lord Brutus, FrisianDude, Shatari, Moose
Grimmend 2- Trevty, Magorian Aximand
Moose0-
TheFlyingFishy 0-
Lord Brutus0-
No Lynch 0-

Not voting: QuailLover, HULKSMASH, Feragorn, Grimmend.

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Trevty is on 6.

Correct me if I'm wrong, guys.

Trevty seems like he's really grasping at straws now, making me more convinced than ever that he is a wolf.  My vote stands.

And anyone who has researched past games knows the things Magorian mentioned.  Locke even posted about it in a previous game.

Trevty said:
Magorian Aximand said:
So position four on both bandwagons is held by SS, so we can rule that one out. And three on day one is Moose!, who appears to be pretty genuine. Only three on day two stands out, especially in light of recent events. That's Trevty, and the situation surrounding the vote seems to add to the case against him. There were two votes on Trevty (Hitson, Fishy), and two votes on Grimmend (Moose, Shatari). Not only was the Grimmend wagon easy to jump on, but it was in his best interests. I don't think the village would have agreed to vote for him, but he was tied for the lead in votes. That's enough to panic a first time wolf. I also don't think this necessarily means that they're not packmates, as self preservation is still a motivating factor when choosing between your own death and that of a teammate.
I don't see any problem with this.  Of course I wouldn't vote for myself, I know my own innocence, but it was too late in the day to go for my other choice (the now cleared) Burgass.  With the lack of activity on Day 2, it was a miracle in and of itself that we managed to get some kind of lynch at all.  And, as I said before, I thought I wouldn't have another chance to change my vote later (though, I now know I could have changed it, but hindsight is 20/20 and all that) so it seemed best to work towards ensuring a lynch rather than just hoping someone else would show up and do it.

I agree that, had I done this analysis earlier, I wouldn't have built a case on you based only on this. It's not as much of a smoking gun as Frisian's vote. But it would have caught my eye, and I would have pressured you about it. In light of all of the other evidence against you, however, this is particularly damning. It adds up. This vote shouldn't be looked at in a vacuum.

Shatari said:
Or that he was their only target so far, since we're two nights in.

It looks to me like he was targeted both nights. He was injured at the end of day two, and he specifies that he was targeted night one. Mix that with the injury that killed him today, and I think that's a safe bet.

FrisianDude said:
I'm sorry Magorian, are you genuinely using "I was there" as an argument? How should I know you were actually there? Leaving a tab open means the game looks as if you're still reading it, just having posted can easily mean you've gone away again. As ludicrous as it may sound, this game is not about you. Whether you were there or not is decidedly irrelevant and incredibly petty to bring up as an argument.

Magorian Aximand said:
At the beginning of this day, he demonstrates how closely he's reading by, after I said "I have quite a lot to say about Fris as well, stuff I find really rather convincing, but it doesn't exactly line up with the prevailing theory. Unless there's a pack of four. I'll look into his interactions with the other three while I'm at it.", he asks, "Magorian, what makes you think I'm with Trev, Hitson and Grimmend? "

Really?
Not to mention, really really? You said "unless there's a pack of four" and I wanted an explanation of why that seems more likely to you than the prevailing theory.  I thought you thought the pack of four more likely because of "stuff I find really rather convincing." Something you've never addressed except to be snide about it now. Don't say "really"when you should say "that's not how I meant  what I said".

Thank you for such a beautiful demonstration of my point.

I didn't expect you to infer I was there by seeing my name (as if you could, I'm hidden) or by the fact that I had posted, and I can't fathom why you think I would think that. I expected you to know that I was there and going to vote at the deadline because that's what I said I would do, explicitly. So my point is that you showed up just to throw a vote it, without bothering to read the thread with any kind of serious attention. You admit this when you said that you assumed I had already voted, despite the fact that I said I hadn't and there was a vote count on the same page. This is the same nonsense I nailed Pillock and Icy Fresh Werewolf for in Quail's game. Verbatim.

And you continue as you go on here. I said I there were things about you I found convincing but it doesn't exactly line up with the prevailing theory. Doesn't. And I continue: "I'll look into his interactions with the other three while I'm at it." As in I haven't seen anything in their interactions, and I need to go look at them. How on earth did you get, from that, that I currently thought the four of you were a pack? I still need to do that analysis, but you're doing a darn fine job of condemning yourself as we speak.

I still think we're making a mistake not going for Grimmend today. I haven't had the time to check into that role for Shatari, and I'm going to be gone the rest of the night. I should be around for the deadline tomorrow morning, so I'll change my vote then if things don't shift overnight. I know I've seen a role like that before, and I think it's insane that people are trusting Grimmend's claim of his abilities when they clearly don't trust him as a player. Insane.

Back
Top Bottom