Read this if you have 32 Bit PC and want to play the mod!

Users who are viewing this thread

MrExpendable said:
Richardc269 said:
Btw...in "fix-it" page...

"in Command Prompt type "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2990" without quotes and press ENTER."

^---What the heck does this even do? It doesn't explain anything at all about it, and I don't like changing things in my PC if it's not explained.
The thread I referred to consists of a number of steps you could take, but I'm mainly referring to step "2. Adjusting VM":

Menu Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced
    Performance -> Settings
    Advanced tab -> Change
    The tricky part is setting the values right. Microsoft suggests (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308417 , Step 2) to set the minimal value as 1.5x of your RAM and maximal value as 3x your RAM (so if you have, for example, 2GBs of ram then minimal is 3.5GBs and max is 6GBs... so that's 3500MBs and 6000MBs). There's plenty of topics on the web with performances results and such revolving around this subject so... Google.
    Save, reboot

The problem right now, as was with 1257ad, is that FI2 is resource intensive. RAM and Virtual Memory are used to load these resources. If you lack either of those, the mod won't be able to load the resources fast enough, meaning it will crash. I think that 3GB RAM should, in theory, be enough to play this mod once VM is adjusted accordingly.

Richardc269 said:
Okay. I turned off the Threading option. Game crashes at loadup. It crashes while loading a settings file. .ini I think?

I should also mention I have a screen that uses 1920x1080 screen resolution.
You could try this:

usnavy30 said:
If you have 4GB of RAM, but crashed at loading screen because you have 2.50 Ghz, download this. (it will remove tons of buildings, so you will see invisible buildings but the mod will be playable for you)
http://www.mediafire.com/?n2nsd755i0cf0xv

But be sure to make a backup in case the changes made were undesirable. Also, try loading the mod under a lower resolution, I don't know if it helps but it won't hurt to try.

I completely understand your frustration with the instability this mod has at the moment, it's something the devs are trying to deal with gradually over each new version. They've tried many things from scaling down texture sizes, to cleaning up the resource files so they are of smaller size. These changes have had variable results for most players so far. We all hope that we can accomplish accessibility for as many players as possible at some point.

Sadly, your suggestions didn't do squat. Still crashing when it loads "Settings" after Textures are finished loading. >_>

Well here's the problem from loading the parameter set with the crash as error message: microsoft visual c + + runtime error.
Thank you to answer me.

Hi, I don't know if I should post this here but, I will.

My computer is a 64 bit but, a few seconds after connecting to a server War Band crashes for no a apparent reason.  :sad:

Help would be appreciated vary much. 

MOKeefe said:
Hi, I don't know if I should post this here but, I will.

My computer is a 64 bit but, a few seconds after connecting to a server War Band crashes for no a apparent reason.  :sad:

Help would be appreciated vary much.
You are joining a version 10 server with version 11 module or vice versa is that it?

The name of the server was cg_full_invasion2.  I tried a few others to but can't remember the names.

is there a server up for 11?

And thank you vary much your help has been extremely helpful.  the mod looks awesome cant wait to play :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

MOKeefe said:
is there a server up for 11?

And thank you vary much your help has been extremely helpful.  the mod looks awesome cant wait to play :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The 38e server should be updated other servers I have to confirm if they are updated yet

The v11 alpha was released Friday on a busy weekend so you need to allow some time of days for servers to update.

Yes this mod is awesome IMO  :grin:

I tried doing what you said for windows 7 users and I have windows 7 but I still crash when I enter a server
pls help I dont even understand much about cps I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE GAME!  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

2te[EPG]keef said:
I tried doing what you said for windows 7 users and I have windows 7 but I still crash when I enter a server
pls help I dont even understand much about cps I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE GAME!  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Please read these threads to avoid frequently asked questions I already answered.

You are running v11 Alpha on a version 10 server are you?

Barely any v10 servers have updated to test v11 yet.

I use 32bit Windows 8 and this works perfectly!
I wrote bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2990 into the Command Prompt (type in cmd in windows 8 search thingy). Press enter and it tada! It works first launch was laggy but I just restarted my computer and it worked! It is really easy!
SPECS:
I3
HD 3000
4 GB RAM
FPS 30-60 (60 if there are no enemies) Running on low
Takes a long time to load though

When i type this is in and press enter, it says "The boot configuration data store could not be opened.  Access is denied."  Any way I can fix this?  I really want to play this mod! 

Back
Top Bottom