Assassins Creed IV "Black Flag" Annouced + Official Trailer

Users who are viewing this thread

DrBlacksmith

Grandmaster Knight
This new Assassins Creeed is more or less set in the Carribeans, with Connors father, Haytham Kenway's father. So Connors Grandfather named Edward Kenway. I think hes more of an Ezio kinda guy. It's about 60% on land and 40% on sea, your home and trophy room will probably be your ship. It should be released on October?

Instead of Desmond, the modern day will be centered around the players themselves who act as a 'research analysts' working at Abstergo Industries and reliving the memories of Edward Kenway through the Animus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sT2BM1iSuE

Dual-wielding weapons has been implemented with Edward being able to have four pistols and be able use them all together, chaining up to four gunshots into his normal attacks to take down more enemies. Full-on underwater combat system is also developed for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag including animals such as sharks.

Players will also be able to upgrade Edward Kenway's vessel the Jackdaw with new weapons and abilities through pillaging, taking over enemy ships and completing missions. The crew of the Jackdaw can also be upgraded with new outfits allowing for even more customization. The game will so have different enemy archetypes at sea that all behave in vastly different ways and require you to have different upgrades to deal with them.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag's combat has been upgraded to include free aiming. With the previous installments relying on the game's built-in auto aim, in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag players will be able to just aim and fire, like in any other third-person shooter.

About 60% of the game will take place on land. Players can explore 50 locations ranging from fisherman villages, plantations, jungles, forts, islands, Mayan ruins and exotic Coconut Islands. Other activities include hunting, harpooning and exploring underwater environments. The game aims to blend between its land and
aquatic experiences seamlessly, to the point where players can simply dive off of his ship, swim to the shore and explore the land.

Features taken from AssassinscreedWikia    http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_IV:_Black_Flag

Big Boss said:
Theyre milking the franchise dry, but I like where this is going.
I think it's too soon. They're getting it done too fast. In my mind AC3 is still new.

Radalan said:
Well that was fast.
I agree, but I read somewhere it said it was coming out on the Holidays of 2014. So we might need to wait a while.

AssCreed III was a bloated piece of ****. Unless they take a sharp turn from the direction of adding more and more stuff, I wont' touch it with a ten foot pole.

Eh, I doubt they're going to change the formula. They've been adding more and more stuff for what, five games now? And it's still doing so well that they're making another sequel already. Apparently lots of people like it or something. It's kinda like COD. C'mon, people! It's the same ****ing game every year, why do you keep buying it in your millions? I just don't get it.

Meh, I got bored of the Assassin's Creed forumla by Revelations, which I didn't even finish. Though I do like the story and the alternate conspiracy theory history.

Harkon Haakonson said:
I'm so going to love even more naval goodness of AC... Can't wait for this to be honest, and I never said that about any AC.
Yeah, I hope they focus on the naval stuff a lot in this one. Make it a free-roaming, Pirates-esque game where you can buy and upgrade ships, trade goods, etc., push the free running elements into the background a bit. Could be great. I doubt they're going to do that, though. We'll see.

Ringwraith #5 said:
Make it a free-roaming, Pirates-esque game where you can buy and upgrade ships, trade goods, etc., push the free running elements into the background a bit.
My thoughts exactly. And smuggling!

It was mainly the acting that I disliked. I kinda liked the facing off of factions (Spain/Britain/Pirate) though it wasn't in the film as much as it perhaps could have beenm, and I liked the mermaids (both the sequence and the development of the captured one). But the acting was god awful, with the exception of Blackbeard, Barbossa and Sparrow's friend, whatshecalled, Gibbs. Penelope Cruz was the worst.  :mad:

Am I weird for finding the 2nd one as my favourite? Only just, mind you. The 3rd is only above the 4th mainly because of the way the film ended. It was slow and boring for most of the film, but the finale was fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom