Will Mount & Blade II draw you away from Pendor? (for a while anyway...)

Users who are viewing this thread

LevonVeldspar

Sergeant at Arms
or at least until PoP2 is released  :mrgreen:

I'm anxious to find out something about M&B II other than the fact it exists as a project, especially with regards to modability/dev support of modders.

Gather some tealeaves and start scrying. Or contact the officials who´re developing it. Otherwise anything else is speculation and this plainly the wrong board to post such questions.

Sadly not... i am not kidding :razz:
Still can play Skyrim , MA , S.T.A.L.K.E.R , Dragon Age'n stuff....
Yeah , thr framerates doesnt go more than 40 and there are occasional crashes but nothing critical :smile:)
Welo , enough of being OT for today..

LevonVeldspar said:
or at least until PoP2 is released  :mrgreen:

I'm anxious to find out something about M&B II other than the fact it exists as a project, especially with regards to modability/dev support of modders.
I'd take a guess they will release in Spring 2014, but we will get more info once they have something nice to show later in the year.
About the modability, they said it's a completely different modding system, allowing modders more control. This sadly means that porting mods (like PoP) will likely be very hard to do, but there will be new, interesting mods if the game is as good as we are bound to expect from Taleworlds.

MadVader said:
I'd take a guess they will release in Spring 2014, but we will get more info once they have something nice to show later in the year.
About the modability, they said it's a completely different modding system, allowing modders more control. This sadly means that porting mods (like PoP) will likely be very hard to do, but there will be new, interesting mods if the game is as good as we are bound to expect from Taleworlds.

If porting PoP over will be such a pain i'm thinking M&B 2 won't get a penny from me. I've played native warband, and i've played other mods.. Nothing comes close to PoP.

I might give MBII a shot just out of curiosity for a bit, but they are going to have to have created something REALLY special to keep me away from POP for any real length of time.

Playing M&B without PoP is pretty much impossible for me at this point. I have been spoiled quite thoroughly and permanently... I'll admit it. No sense trying to deny it.  :grin:

-Loth

Knight_Marine said:
Well M&B II is said to have "many exciting and highly requested new features".

Haha, which could mean anything as far as we know, right? When you're trying to sell something, you don't say "This is the same kind of stuff as before, but in a shinier box." :smile:

I would expect updated graphics in MBII as a given -- people expect that kind of stuff. But what they really need for native is something along the lines of what POP has already done: incredible depth and replayability. This is a sandbox game, meaning that replayability is paramount for a good experience. Maybe they will do that, or, as before, they could rely a little bit on the modding community to do it for them. I would be okay with that, if they are going to make it easier to mod and continue to put up the kind of modding support that they have done in the past and in the present.

I remember playing (and also making) mods for M&B version 0.8 (or was it earlier than that? It's been a while LOL). It hadn't even been released to the public yet... Mount and Blade was like the secret awesome game that you had to accidentally find out about back then. :smile: It made me want to learn how to code python a little bit.

-Loth

lothario said:
Knight_Marine said:
Well M&B II is said to have "many exciting and highly requested new features".

Haha, which could mean anything as far as we know, right? When you're trying to sell something, you don't say "This is the same kind of stuff as before, but in a shinier box." :smile:

I would expect updated graphics in MBII as a given -- people expect that kind of stuff. But what they really need for native is something along the lines of what POP has already done: incredible depth and replayability. This is a sandbox game, meaning that replayability is paramount for a good experience. Maybe they will do that, or, as before, they could rely a little bit on the modding community to do it for them. I would be okay with that, if they are going to make it easier to mod and continue to put up the kind of modding support that they have done in the past and in the present.

LOL I remember playing (and also making) mods for M&B version 0.8 (or was it earlier than that? It's been a while LOL). It hadn't even been released to the public yet... Mount and Blade was like the secret awesome game that you had to accidentally find out about back then. :smile: It made me want to learn how to code python a little bit.

-Loth

I would imagine that M&B 2 will be moddable, that's why mount and blade warband is popular-ish due to it's mobility. As for other features in Native for M&B 2 they will probably use some of the mods from warband and the original mount and blade ideas like Diplomacy.

Nekolacek said:
Sadly not... i am not kidding :razz:
Still can play Skyrim , MA , S.T.A.L.K.E.R , Dragon Age'n stuff....
Yeah , thr framerates doesnt go more than 40 and there are occasional crashes but nothing critical :smile:)
Welo , enough of being OT for today..

I'm pretty much in the same boat.  Been an Elder Scrolls fan since Morrowind but I've stayed clear of Skyrim and the new ES Online (and other games) until I can justify an upgrade.  Good times. 

I still play POP and Brytenwalda every once in a while, only two mods that have made my Warband experience last for so long. I Highly doubt Wb2 vanilla will come close to the complexity these mods provide.

I honestly wish POP could be released for WB2 , but I doubt it, also considering how most new games are these days, they are probably going to make it flashy, eat GPU like crazy and just adding random crap for the sake of adding it. I lost faith in most modern games several years ago, call me a Dinosaur, but I hate streamlined experiences. One thing I enjoy severely of PoP for example is the hard climb from level 1 , its prestigious Orders ( with lordly rewards at the end of an awesome special castle siege) and many other things I doubt might exist for a long time in WB2

I will probably leave these mods like in 2018 , when the game is for sale on steam at 5$ and most mods for it might have matured enough.

So regarding your question, not in the foreseeable future. :mrgreen:

Funny that people used to say the same when Warband first came out, but now barely anyone still plays anything pre-WB. WB to BL is supposed to be a bigger upgrade than pre-WB to WB, so they'll have to port PoP to BL sooner or later unless TW devs really drop the ball.

Brujoloco said:
I still play POP and Brytenwalda every once in a while, only two mods that have made my Warband experience last for so long. I Highly doubt Wb2 vanilla will come close to the complexity these mods provide.

I honestly wish POP could be released for WB2 , but I doubt it, also considering how most new games are these days, they are probably going to make it flashy, eat GPU like crazy and just adding random crap for the sake of adding it. I lost faith in most modern games several years ago, call me a Dinosaur, but I hate streamlined experiences. One thing I enjoy severely of PoP for example is the hard climb from level 1 , its prestigious Orders ( with lordly rewards at the end of an awesome special castle siege) and many other things I doubt might exist for a long time in WB2

I will probably leave these mods like in 2018 , when the game is for sale on steam at 5$ and most mods for it might have matured enough.

So regarding your question, not in the foreseeable future. :mrgreen:

Well, i guess we dinosaurs aren't dead quite yet. Nicely put, Sir Brujoloco. I shall name you captain of the Wisdom Order.

The good thing with PoP is that there are many possible playthroughs to keep you busy. Also if you play in a relaxed way looking for over 1000 in game days in each playthrough, you can stay busy for many years in Pendor lands.

Bannerlord realistically should be solid graphics wise but as far as features go i don't think it will reach the level of awesomeness of PoP (Noldor, Knight Orders, Badass Spawns etc).

Back
Top Bottom