US_PW_East_RP - New Ownership!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys, we have recently switched to a new server, new map, as well as a new owner!

The current dedi box is a beast. Did a stress test on it with 100 bots and around 500 boars, and it did not twitch past 52% CPU usage!
We also have a new TS setup as well for it, but the website will remain the same.
Thanks to Atriarc for providing the hosting!

This new server setup will be now managed by me. No more "owner" sitting above me making demands that are to the detriment of the community whom only comes on the server and admin abuses "because he is bored and he owns the server".

It will continue to use the same admin team as before as well as the same bank accounts.

New map is currently running "Across the River" by Splintert.

Same as always, feel free to hit me up if anything goes wrong!

---I will update this thread later to look sexy with the new info.

GK_JaXm said:
Hey guys, we have recently switched to a new server, new map, as well as a new owner!

The current dedi box is a beast. Did a stress test on it with 100 bots and around 500 boars, and it did not twitch past 52% CPU usage!
We also have a new TS setup as well for it, but the website will remain the same.
Thanks to Atriarc for providing the hosting!

This new server setup will be now managed by me. No more "owner" sitting above me making demands that are to the detriment of the community whom only comes on the server and admin abuses "because he is bored and he owns the server".

It will continue to use the same admin team as before as well as the same bank accounts.

New map is currently running "Across the River" by Splintert.

Same as always, feel free to hit me up if anything goes wrong!

---I will update this thread later to look sexy with the new info.

YES.gif

Now I can finally apply to the team without pangs of remorse preventing me from clicking the "post" button.

I had been playing Nord Invasion ever since this server went downhill. The new ownership and map convinced me to give this server a second chance and so far, so good. I played a full few hours without anyone randoming me and had fun exploring a map I wasn't familiar with. The only issue I had is that the ping for the server does seem higher than it used to be, even with less people playing. I'm not sure if that's a server issue or a map issue or perhaps both.

Haakon the Red said:
I had been playing Nord Invasion ever since this server went downhill. The new ownership and map convinced me to give this server a second chance and so far, so good. I played a full few hours without anyone randoming me and had fun exploring a map I wasn't familiar with. The only issue I had is that the ping for the server does seem higher than it used to be, even with less people playing. I'm not sure if that's a server issue or a map issue or perhaps both.

The server was re-located, but since there seems to be slight connectivity problems mainly due to the limited port speed, I will be purchasing a new box profesionally hosted soon, Prolly tonight or tomorow =]

Why the unannounced map change back to the old, smaller map without warning? I lost hundreds of thousands of gold but more importantly, I enjoyed the new map. This server's been running on the old, current map for a long time.

I was on it today and there were apparently some issues with people being kicked off when the population reached a certain point? Is this why that is happening and the server stuff is getting straightened out.

To both of you

Yes we are having slight server issues at the moment that were unforseen when we setup the server.

That will all be fixed tomorow as I am purchasing a profesionally hosted box for it all!

Skallagrim said:
Huge lag increase now, due to the ping. I thought this was an "East" server.

Check now, just switched to a new box and new map :wink:

I also paid the extra $35 to have increased CPU power so there shouldn't be any lag at all!

GK_JaXm said:
Skallagrim said:

I also paid the extra $35 to have increased CPU power so there shouldn't be any lag at all!
Right, but would the ping be lower?

Skallagrim said:
GK_JaXm said:
Skallagrim said:

Indeed, I went form a 108 ping to a 25

It is now hosted properly in a datacenter in NYC

And with 40 people on it currently the CPU is stable at 22% and RAM is 30%

GK_JaXm said:
Skallagrim said:
GK_JaXm said:
Skallagrim said:

Beautiful. Thanks a lot. Out of curiosity, may I ask where it was before?

So do you like have a barge in the middle of the atlantic from which you play from? Did you hijack the old united server barge that they had??

:lol:

Skallagrim said:
GK_JaXm said:
Skallagrim said:
GK_JaXm said:
Skallagrim said:

Beautiful. Thanks a lot. Out of curiosity, may I ask where it was before?

It was hosted on a private server in south dakota, it could handle minecraft and such but it appears m&b uses more bandwidth and the port speeds on a personal ISP are fairly low so it was capping out basically

New Ownership just died Lol, random fest, admins advertising new servers and the owner never shows up to regulate rules!

I think This guy jaxsm should just close down, if hes not gonna bother watching the server and stuff haha, or make it a no rules pw.

Back
Top Bottom