Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sound Chaser said:
Unicorn said:
nice vid but next vid couldwe plz get a sneak peek of all thekinky medieval sex  we can have with our wife

thanks

Yes. And I would like them to implement gay marriage. And that you could build your own house and decorate it nicely. And then you could collect all the nice things and put them to your shelves and different containers, so that then you'd have all the nice things in one place that you could call your own. And thanks to devs, modders can mod much more nice stuff that you could have and collect, and present in your shelf. The more mods you install, basically, the more nice stuff you can have in your house. With the new graphics, all the things look even nicer, which is epic. And that you could make or adopt children and have them at your own house. There could be a new skill called parenting, which could determine, for example, how happy or sad your children are, and your relation to your wife. And maybe husband and household skill. For example, the husband skill would determine the chance of having children and wife's happiness and quality of household work. Household skill would determine household economy and meals provided for your family. Taking family to a trip to the zoo or organizing special time for the family would up the relations. Then you could train your children to fight, if you build a practice field. First you would have wooden swords, but with more experience or denars you could have iron swords, and your children would gain experience depending on the weapon. Maybe you could play as your child and take up horse riding, which would give the child additional experience when he/she has grown up. And dual wielding. Plus, I'd like to have the world look more plastic, cause it would be just cool, and all the other cool games do it.

I might be wrong, but I think this has all been confirmed in previous blogs.

Except "denars", which have been replaced with Accessory Credits (aC).

Btw, shelves are DLC. Thanks.

Sound Chaser said:
Unicorn said:
nice vid but next vid couldwe plz get a sneak peek of all thekinky medieval sex  we can have with our wife

thanks

Yes. And I would like them to implement gay marriage. And that you could build your own house and decorate it nicely. And then you could collect all the nice things and put them to your shelves and different containers, so that then you'd have all the nice things in one place that you could call your own. And thanks to devs, modders can mod much more nice stuff that you could have and collect, and present in your shelf. The more mods you install, basically, the more nice stuff you can have in your house. With the new graphics, all the things look even nicer, which is epic. And that you could make or adopt children and have them at your own house. There could be a new skill called parenting, which could determine, for example, how happy or sad your children are, and your relation to your wife. And maybe husband and household skill. For example, the husband skill would determine the chance of having children and wife's happiness and quality of household work. Household skill would determine household economy and meals provided for your family. Taking family to a trip to the zoo or organizing special time for the family would up the relations. Then you could train your children to fight, if you build a practice field. First you would have wooden swords, but with more experience or denars you could have iron swords, and your children would gain experience depending on the weapon. Maybe you could play as your child and take up horse riding, which would give the child additional experience when he/she has grown up. And dual wielding. Plus, I'd like to have the world look more plastic, cause it would be just cool, and all the other cool games do it.
You put alot of effort into trolling

RafaelCruz said:
The... the amount of detail... all the optimization on handling visuals...

crying-bear.gif
:mrgreen: Right. Still we need more info and about beta too.
Can you just import warband T-type armor meshes into Bannerlord or not ? Is .smd rigged meshes compatible with Bannerlord or not ? Is it alpha or beta stage of the game ?

Froi said:
I'm currently imagining PW on a map that huge and nice looking with hundreds of people.  I need new underwear.
Wouldn't a map that size be way too big for even a few hundred people? 15km, even if the map was totally flat with no obstructions, would mean a galloping horse moving at a speed of 30mph would take more than fourteen minutes to get from one side to the other.

DanAngleland said:
Froi said:
I'm currently imagining PW on a map that huge and nice looking with hundreds of people.  I need new underwear.
Wouldn't a map that size be way too big for even a few hundred people? 15km, even if the map was totally flat with no obstructions, would mean a galloping horse moving at a speed of 30mph would take more than fourteen minutes to get from one side to the other.

Better than it currently is then.

The scenes for it would be vastly better as well :grin:

DanAngleland said:
Froi said:

You would only use a map that size for PW-type gameplay.

The map size will be optional so a regular multiplayer map will probably be much smaller.

With bigger maps you can prepare your troops the way you want without worrying if the enemy is already attacking and maybe you can prepare ambushes and maybe there will be larger partys and maybe we'll have longer quests on big maps.. I get too much excited when I think about all the things that Bannerlord will have to offer.

Expect the unexpected. And the expected.
We're back. Hopefully in black.

= LuMag, the only magazine #17; 1/IX 2014
MASSIVE BANNERLORD REVEAL IN LATEST BLOG
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. As the first and foremost source of information about our favourite Mount&Blade series, let's take a deeper look into what the capabilities of the new scene editor may be.
First of all, yesterday saw the reveal of the next blog about Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord, which was - fortunately - more of a tech demo of the scene editor rather than an actual blog. This video is the first official one related to Bannerlord to contain actual game footage. In case you've been living under a rock and haven't seen it yet, go and do so immediately.
The video serves as a demonstration of the new scene editor, which, frankly, looks nothing like the old one. To summarise, the new editor is astounding. I can't be bothered to repeat everything the video shows, so just go and see it. Upon closer inspection, however, one notices the lack of copy-paste options. Our experts at LumoCorp Ltd., after changing their underwear, believe that these options are neatly tucked away in the "Edit" menu, because it's extremely unlikely that they'd be missing. The main toolstrip contains a number of selection and painting tools, including one that looks like a curve editor of sorts, perhaps related to the intriguing "nodes" (which we'll look at in a bit). Also, we can notice save and load buttons, which probably means that the user will no longer be required to visit the specific location in a game to edit its scene; or will be able to work on different "project" files and save/load through them. The terrain menus in the properties window on the right, once the main terrain is presumably selected, contain a number of references to "nodes", not to mention that parts of the terrain in the scene view appear to be highlighted in "boxes". This apparent terrain segmentation and the mention of "nodes" leads us to believe that the terrains are now generated using octrees, which are usually used as an efficient tool to manage 3D space and terrains in modern applications. Armagan himself has disproved caves in a previous interview with Lumos, so the terrain is unlikely to be voxel-based, but rather heightmap-based, and whilst this does mean that we'll need to create workarounds for caves, it also means that the terrain should have great performance if properly optimised - and we can see that changes are applied quite quickly in the video, despite the footage being slightly sped up.
The large number of import/export options found under the properties of the terrain signify that we'll definitely be able to drastically modify everything on a per-scene basis; and this will definitely lead to some incredible mods from the community.
The video also demonstrates texture splatting with the moss-on-stone example, and this is certainly a feature worth keeping in mind, because it can be used to break up repetitive textures and improve the quality of mediocre assets, which will be quite helpful in some urgent modding situations. The camera-view-tesselation the video demonstrates is the same as Call of Duty's last-year bleeding-edge detail techonology, except better, and described without trying to make it sound like something overly original. Yes, the method exists, and having it in Bannerlord is amazing, because it should, in theory, allow greater visual detail without large performance costs. The video also demonstrates flora painting, which is magnificent.
Even better, however, are the "classes" that are shown off in the video. We can see that one can attach a custom behaviour to an object, and edit its exposed variables during run-time, much like other professional game engines do. This means that the modding system is likely to be focused on a proper object-orientated programming approach, which gives modders a plethora of possibilities for cool stuff. Coupled with the MonoDevelop icon spotted on a developer's monitor in the previous video, a fact which nobody outside LumoCorp Ltd. seems to care too much about, this underlines the possibility of the ModSys using an actual programming language instead of an ad hoc scripting language parsed through a compiler in a different language. Provided this is true, the engine is likely to support (limited) extension through publicly-available libraries, which will further allow modders to add new and original behaviours to the game.
There's a lot of other stuff, but I just got distracted with other things, and my train of thought derailed, so let's leave it at this. Pretty impressive, even without taking into account the flexible item rigging (a helmet's aventail was seen clinging to the player's shoulders where necessary), the vast atmosphere editing menus, the presence of a tester unit and a debugger (which will hopefully be a bit more useful than the current one), and the overall better quality of the graphics assets.
Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord will definitely be a sight to behold, ladies and gentlemen. And we'll definitely keep a watchful eye out for more information.

WHAT WE DID ON OUR HOLIDAYS
A lot of things have been happening at LumoCorp Ltd. recently. In a few words, our summer vacation (the one that begun in 2013) just ended. Of course, the company kept itself busy with activities during the vacation; we anonymously donated to many charities, like we always do, we kept pushing for new scientific discoveries in all aspects of knowledge. This is just what we do.
Do not believe any governments who claim we're evil. Do not believe the UN with their "regulations", and do not trust their "good will". We only strive to achieve the best for mankind, to cure diseases, to provide help for those in need.
We have been incredibly busy lately, and we are, as always, recruiting. If you're capable, and you're willing, send your best friend an e-mail detailing your wish to apply for a job with us. If you fit our requirements, we'll let you know. Don't worry about your field of work; we employ people in many different fields. One can say that if you're a qualified professional in something, whatever it may be, you can find a place with us. Your payment will vary, but our disregard for international law means that our salaries need not conform to other people's rules. Our minimum salaries begin at €3000 per month, and you'll have plenty of opportunities for improvement in your career. Don't hold back, just mention us in an e-mail, and we'll do the rest for you.
Note that we respect your personal privacy and we do not monitor your personal correspondence. Our automated systems simply flag any e-mails, web pages or transcribed phone calls containing several keywords, to allow us to make everything easier for you.
Don't hesitate and look upon the world of tomorrow - one, achieved only through having you amidst our ranks.

THE CONSPIRACY OF THE 27TH OF SEPTEMBER
Hello there, good and faithful readers of LuMag, the only magazine. You may wonder where we have been for over a year? Well I can’t speak for Lumos and his L.A.S.A.G.N.A forces, but I’m sure that’ll be well explained in the above article. I and my D.U.R.U.M. home guard do have a very good reason as we spent over a year researching and infiltrating one of the most secret organizations in the world. They’re members are found all over the world and are spread among multiple daughter establishments like the Swaffians, the Rodicks, de Sarranips, the Kherclits, the Vaghirs and the whords. Their chairman is none other than the Bonerlord. I cannot deny that the 27th of September is rumoured to be an important date concerning a series of events directly connected to this organization, which I like to call the Calradick Empire. I want to express that the conspiracy revealed here is based on true facts, all of them can be checked on Wikipedia!

Let me begin with the history of their order. It was founded hundreds of years ago, most probably in the medieval western world. The bonerlords held great power in their early days already, but in 1066 one of them would change everything. He was William the bastard. Even though he was a bastard, he managed to succeed his father as the duke of Normandy, but also, as the one through bonerlord. I don’t think that I really have to tell you the rest of the story here. You all know that William would later become William I or William the conqueror. So what does all this have to do with anything? Well, William began his successful campaign setting sail on the River Somme... on the 27th of September. For the Calradick Empire, this day is to be remembered as a glorious moment in their history. It is their memorial day, so to speak. Since then, the bonerlords became extremely powerful as kings and queens of England. A mere 30 years later, Pope Urban ordered the People’s Crusade, but the young Calradick Empire was not ready. It would last until the Third Crusade for King Richard the Lionheart to jump on the boat, but this too, is no coincidence. The history books tell us that Saladin conquered Jerusalem on the 29th of September 1187, but the Templars who were infiltrated in both sides of the conflict and a rival of the Calradicks, spread the news that this happened on the 27th of September. The Calradicks had to act. Upon hearing about the fall of Jerusalem, the pope supposedly died of a ‘heart attack’, poor man. Fortunately, his death touched the hearts of many good Europeans, especially the imprisoned ones, and inspired them to take up arms against the evil Saladin and the woman and children who just happened to live within his borders. Now I don’t need to tell you the rest since you’ve all played Assassin’s Creed, don’t you tell me otherwise.

However there is one thing that was left behind by Richard the Lionheart. The box of Strange armor, a mythical artefact, said to belong to the first bonerlord, and whoever possesses it, becomes the new one. Since then, it has been unknown who guarded the Box. Until somewhere early in the 16th century. The Ottoman Sultans heard rumours of the Box being left in the Muslim world. It drove their family mad for power. Sultan Selim I ultimately took control when he ordered the executions of ALL his male relatives. He raised armies and conquered more land than any of his predecessors before him, or his descendants after him. The Ottoman Empire now controlled Jerusalem, but Selim I never found the box. It is rumoured than one relative survived the executions and used the power of the Box to survive.

Here it gets REALLY interesting. Selim’s full name was Yavuz Sultan Selim I. In Turkey, there is still a man alive today with the name of Armağan Yavuz. The same Armağan Yavuz that founded Taleworld Entertainment in 2005, which in turn is the same company that announced Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord. Now you don’t tell me that you don’t see the similarities between Bonerlord and Bannerlord, this is obviously a hint. Surely, neither can it be a coincidence that the announcement for the Bonerlord was released on September 27, 2012.

If the author of this article disappears after publication please just pretend you never read it. They’re everywhere.

-- Lord Tim

So now LuMag, the only magazine, is back in the action, I guess the next issue comes out next Sunday...

=========== MORE IN THE MAGAZINE: ===
DICE, developers of the Battlefield series, to sub-license Bannerlord engine for next project (p. 2)
UK to bomb Iran and Syria, "hunting terrorists" (p. 14)
2014, and how to sell mods at full price: "Battlefield: Hardline" (p. 16)
Why the UK is weird, and how to survive it (p. 3:cool:
Cute Cats #3 (p. 49)
Time as a vector quantity in an n-dimensional space (p. 56)
Programming with Carl Gauss (p. 77)
Particle acceleration, and why it works (p. 82)
Ten Things You Didn't Know About Selim I (p. 111)
Book reviews: "Brightness Reef" - Spectacular! (p. 125)
Book reviews: "The Broken God" - Unique and mesmerising (p. 167)
Film reviews: "Enemy of the State" - Better than expected (p. 181)
Film reviews: "Mission Impossible IV: Ghost Protocol" - Also better than expected (p. 187)
How to Burgle Houses (for dummies) (p. 191)

=========== PREVIOUS MAGAZINE ISSUES: =
#1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16

Click here for the next issue

Gaunt said:
DanAngleland said:
Froi said:

You would only use a map that size for PW-type gameplay.

The map size will be optional so a regular multiplayer map will probably be much smaller.

Oh yes I know, I was referring specifically to PW. I suppose though it will allow much more sprawling settlements, with large fields, and faction lands being considerable distances apart, necessitating patrols and allowing bandits to get away with loot without being seen by half the people on the server.

After reading LuMag everything makes more sense...

Ps:  After all these reports i hope some day they will give you some real news and while we are reading with a what did Lumos write smile ...  :smile:   

I'm excited to see what modders will make for Bannerlord.
Compared to about 95% of all other game's mod tools (if they are even released) bannerlords tool's are POWERFUL. The environment editor looks super easy to use, And artillery like catapults looks possible now that the kit comes with a class editor to define animations for certain objects (atleast thats my understand). This also opens the gateway for total conversions that don't look weird as ****...

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obO5sbziqjM 0;58
I expect the campaign map to be this good looking, since its already several generations ahead of Warband's. Great job taleworlds, I hope you make a video some game play next time (no sarcasm). I wanna see how you have handled large armies this time around, giving them real tactics other than CHARGE!

Panzeh said:
I hope Bannerlord ships with Commander Battle as a native game mode.  That mode was amazing for Nap Wars.

You can. It's not as brilliantly done but it exists in Native.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom