Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
+Varsung+ said:
Person name: Armagan Yavuz

Espiring date: 2014-09-07 19:30:15

created: 2011-09-07 ... They probably work on Bannerlord nearly 2 years. So release should be soon. I hope  :grin:

Summer 2014 is actually a pretty realistic date for a release having in mind they announced it in fall 2012

But can anybody say why they dont want to release any info or picture or at least wall texture? There is nothing. Just "soon™" responds on facebook.
Last one:

18th July
We're honestly very flattered by the interest that people are showing in Bannerlord. We want to show what we're working on to get your feedback and give you a taste of what to expect. These things do take time since we don't want to show anything that misrepesents the game (which would defeat the whole object of showing anything).

TL;DR Keep bugging us! We'll show something soon
(omg it has to be very soon™)... though we doubt the bugging will stop even when we do  :grin:

I think one screen from the game will not kill project.

That's what  wrote some pages before.

I heard there were problems with the engine so they had to redo everything

Just speculations though

And so the Ouroboros bites its tail once more, for the n-th time, where (n->∞). Who cares whether something went wrong or didn't, the devs will give us a load of info soon. Probably it's going to be when we're least expecting it.
You want info? Here with me I've got the new edition of LuMag, the only magazine. The Ouroboros has bitten its tail. And Lord Tim is on probation for violation of the rules.

= LuMag, the only magazine #15; 1/VIII 2013
BANNERLORD CONTROLLER SUPPORT CONFIRMED
Our most beloved readers! A few days ago, a developer from TaleWorlds Entertainment revealed that the most anticipated game of the XXI-st century, is going to ship with built-in controller support. "We are very pleased to confrim this," says optLn, a developer, during an exclusive interview with journalists from LuMag, the only magazine. "The controller support in Warband was largely experimental and we are aware of its lack of polish. However, we are developing Bannerlord with these things in mind and we are certain that we'll provide a satisfying experience to all controller-lovers out there." Upon being asked whether this means a probable release for the game on consoles, optLn did not confirm: "The controller support doesn't necessarily mean that we're releasing the game on consoles. Some people just like to play games laying on their couches, and we want to provide the best experience for every player."
Unfortunately, the interview was ended abruptly after optLn refused to answer whether the new game will include the new industry standard for AI as seen on the new Call of Duty trailer: with small fish running away from you if you approach them. Given that we've received no answer to this, fish will probably not run away from you as efficiently, allowing you to catch them more easily. All of this fishy stuff is however only a speculation from our best analysts here at LumoCorp Ltd.
Stay tuned for more news. We are constantly on the lookout to provide you, out readers, with the news information.

EXCITING NEW LEAKED INFO ABOUT BANNERLORD
Most beloved readers! Imagine the surprise of LumoCorp Ltd.'s RP division when we were contacted by TaleWorlds Entertainment themselves two days ago. A person, going by the name of "Skyfire_69", claimed to be a developer working for TaleWorlds and explained his reasoning: as LuMag, the only magazine, is the true premier source of information about Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord (and other dazzling news from around the world), the company decided to contact us in order to spread the information in a maximal manner. The experts in our Networking Department ran a quick traceroute oh this person's address and saw that the signal was coming from Perth, Australia. However, a deeper scan showed that the real signal was being re-routed from Ankara, Turkey through an australian proxy server. We accepted the conversation request.
"Skyfire_69" promised us that the game will feature enhanced RPG mechanics, such as more effects to the plethora of skills, a deepened army and inventory management experience, and possibly a "Cod of Duty"-styled world-class singleplayer campaign.
Combat is, as aready said, going to be improved upon, but the news for us were that the combat will now be turn-based and only the map movements will be in real time as they are now. The lore of Calradia will be expanded greatly and we'll have a chance to visit other lands as well. The developer also hinted at the possibility of actually seeing some more kinds of animals as well [Related arcticle: Cute Cats, page 51)]. A myriad of unique looking and feeling locations has also been confirmed, and Taverns are also expected to make their return from Mount&Blade: With Fire and Sword (remember that most of the controversy around "Napoleonic Wars" was due to the lack of taverns).
Our conversation also revolved about some other topics, but I can't seem to remember them right now.

Next Sunday is, as always, the release date for the next issue. Be certain to not forget!

=========== MORE IN THE MAGAZINE: ===
"Shape Destroyer: Incursion", LumoCorp Inc.'s first stand-alone PC game nearing completion, 10 DLC packs planned (p. 2)
Head Editor still in depression because of alien kidnappers (p. 4:cool:
Cute Cats #1 (p. 51)
Ask Lumos, he will answer (p. 72)
How to clean dust using small amounts of explosives (p. 81)
Three same digits in a row = omen? (p. 111)
A treatise on physics and lasagna (p. 119)
LumoCrop Ltd. announced to be "best company in the world" (p. 129)
Programming Hard with Bruce Willis (p. 132)
R.I.P. Joffrey Lannister Baratheon (p. 140)
Ten Things You Didn't Know About Floodlights (p. 141)
Book reviews: "Inferno" - Much better than "The Lost Symbol" (p. 156)
Film reviews: "Mass Effect" - the ending is as bad as Mass Effect 3's (p. 17:cool:
Film Reviews: "Die Hard 6", a.k.a. "In Space, No One can hear you Die Hard" (p. 184)
How Not to Cut your Fingernails with a Chainsaw (finesse not required) (p. 197)

=========== PREVIOUS MAGAZINE ISSUES: =
#1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14

Click here for the next issue

Lumos said:
Book reviews: "Inferno" - Much better than "The Lost Symbol" (p. 156)
Film reviews: "Mass Effect" - the ending is as bad as Mass Effect 3's (p. 17:cool:
Film Reviews: "Die Hard 6", a.k.a. "In Space, No One can hear you Die Hard" (p. 184)
How Not to Cut your Fingernails with a Chainsaw (finesse not required) (p. 197)

GET ME BRUCE WILLIS AND A GODDAMN CAMERA

this silence really is not helping for hype in anyway, its fine that their trying to keep things secert or on the low, but atleast a LITTTLE gameplay to keep us hyped, im starting think this is all a cancelled lie or some thing

Clockworkkiller said:
I'm starting to think this is all a cancelled lie or something
No. If it was, we'd know and the TaleWorlds offices would have probably already been destroyed by angry mobs of people with pitchforks and torches. No, it's not cancelled, it's not a lie, everything's OK and is in order.
But fine, let's speculate. Perhaps the devs originally intended to expand upon the current engine (given that the old pre-alpha footage resembles the current state of affairs a lot), then decided to scrap everything and started rewriting it from scratch. Of course, this would take more time, because there's so much to do when developing a game (I know, I've tried, and on a scale infinitely smaller than theirs, it's still difficult), but I'm a fan of the "throw everything out of the window and start anew" method. It guarantees higher quality in the end, I've noticed. So if there really has been an unplanned delay due to engine problems, it's all for the greater good.
tumblr_llu49agniQ1qcz3ha.png

"Gellert -

Your point about wizard dominance being FOR THE MUGGLES' OWN GOOD - this, I think, is the crucial point. Yes, we have been given power and, yes, that power gives us the right to rule, but it also gives us responsibilities over the rules. We must stress this point, ti will be the foundation stone upon which we build. Where we are opposed, as we surely will be, this must be the basis of all our counter-arguments. We seize control FOR THE GREATER GOOD. And from this it follows that where we meet resistance, we must use only the force that is necessary and no more. (This was your mistake at Durmstrang! But I do not complain, because if you had not been expelled, we would never have met.)

Albus
"

Bloomsbury publishing, 2007, first edition, page 291.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom