east02k

Recruit
40thfootregimentalcolou.jpg

40th (2nd Somersetshire) Regiment of Foot
"The Excellers"

Nec Aspera Terrant
Difficulties daunt us not

History

The 40th (2nd Somersetshire) Regiment of Foot spent a number of years of duty in the Australian colonies. From 1823 to 1829, they were posted to New South Wales, where they served at both Sydney, and Van Diemens Land.

They were then transferred to Bombay, with the first units of the 40th leaving Australia in 1828.[1] While in India, the 40th was stationed in a number of places within the Bombay Presidency. In 1839 they were sent to the Sindh and took part in the capture of Karachi. The regiment then carried out operations in the Sindh against Nasar Khan. They captured the fort at Kajak in 1841.

They also fought during the First Anglo-Afghan War. The regiment entered Afghanistan in 1841 and camped at Quetta on their way to Afghanistan where they experienced one of the worst out breaks of disease of any regiment of the British army.[1] The fought with General Nott during his campaign in Afghanistan in 1842. They returned to India in December 1842 and fought in the Gwalior Campaign at the Battle of Maharajpore in 1843.

They returned to Australia in 1852 and remained until 1860, serving in Victoria, where they suppressed the Eureka Rebellion of 1854. Detachments from the regiment were also stationed in South Australia and Western Australia.

From 1860 until 1865, the regiment took part in the Taranaki and Waikato campaigns, during the New Zealand Wars.

----------------------------Roster----------------------------
Officers: [3/6]
Colonel East
3023vcl_th.png

Lieutenant Colonel ---
Major ---
Captain Matty
3023vcl_th.png

Lieutenant ---
Lieutenant Fruggline
image.png
2d6s1w5_th.png

Ensign ---
Ensign ---

Non Commissioned Officers: [2/9]
Regimental Sergeant Major ---
Company Sergeant Major ---
Sergeant Krullboll
image.png

Sergeant AlmightyBob
image.png

Corporal ---
Corporal ---
Corporal ---

Rankers: [26/?]
LanceCorporal ---
LanceCorporal ---
LanceCorporal ---
Regular Anthony R. Neville
zn5yj7.png

Regular Itachi
Regular Sorensen
32ztnbt.png

Regular Tomche
3023vcl_th.png

Regular Mashulace
3023vcl_th.png

Private Elenrai
ztdb10.png

Private Caveman
3023vcl_th.png

Private GalneKarl
image.png

Private Matte
image.png

Private Gunde
image.png

Private Nikkotaja
2d6s1w5_th.png

Private Marik
3023vcl_th.png

Private Heineken95
24yssqu_th.png

Private Kings
3023vcl_th.png

Private Wauturr
24yssqu_th.png

Private Chef
24yssqu_th.png

Private TehSquidller
3023vcl_th.png

Private Torloka
image.png

Private clone1312clone
3023vcl_th.png

Private WresL
image.png

Private Dancer

Recruit Madtavish
Recruit Penguin

Training

Saturday 7pm GMT

cheers lads! getting the forum post is gunna take a bit of work, as will the map im making!!

Tav, i look foward to killing you soon xD (like old times eh? :p)

EAST! You brought our old regiment back. The glorious 40th Regiment of Foot.

Finally your back! Great to see you again buddy :smile: hope to see you on the battlefield someday :razz:

Good luck and have this as a gift from your old highlander friend:
istockphoto_3945403-chocolate-chip-cookies.jpg

OH FFS !!!! Looks like I'll have to buy NW in the near future now  :twisted:. BUT it'll have to wait till end of may at the earliest as I've a holiday in Prague mid may so all my pennies are being saved up for my spending dosh. Oh & guess which regiment I'll be requesting (expecting) to join :wink:

Back
Top Bottom