Users who are viewing this thread

Londnred

Knight
THE INNISKILLINGS
The 27th (Enniskillen) Regiment of Foot
"The Skins"
27thfootcolour1815.jpg

The colours of the Regiment at Waterloo
The Regiment Historically Recruited from the Counties (in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland) of Tyrone and Fermanagh (Modern  Northern Ireland(UK)) and Leitrim, Donegal, Cavan and Sligo (Modern Repubic of Ireland).
we Represent the 1st battalion (the only one present at Waterloo) of the 3 battalion 27th Foot (Which was also the only Irish Regiment/Battalion present on the day), and thus have companies instead of some regiments who have battalions
During trainings and LBs we are historically orientated and disciplined but, once offical training is over we usually do some fun random stuff like artillerying bots and stuff.

Enniskillen_Castle_01.jpg

Enniskillen Castle

A brief history of "The Skins" By me, Colonel John Griffin, created from my own Research on the Internet, in books, and of course at the Regimental Museum in Enniskillen:
The Regiment was formed in 1688 by Colonel Zachariah Tiffin to defend Enniskillen (County Fermanagh, Ireland (Present Day Northern Ireland) from the Jacobite army during the Williamite wars in Ireland along with a regiment of Dragoons which later became the 6th (Enniskillen) Dragoons and are currently part of the Royal Dragoon Guards (I shall write no more of them in this as this history concerns the foot Regiment). At this time, regiments were not numbered, but named after their colonel, so the regiment was called Colonel Tiffin's Regiment. The Regiment was more of a militia at this time and made expeditions out into the surrounding Area to fight the Jacobites of King James, including the Battle of Newtownbutler (sometimes called the Battle of Enniskillen). So succesful were these expeditions that the regiment (And the Dragoons) were incorporated into the Army of King William the Third. After this it fought in the famous Battle of the Boyne (1690).

It was next stationed in the Low Countries (the Netherlands), where it was present at the Siege of Namur (1695.) During the next 50 years it served in places such as Minorca, Spain and the West Indies. It took part in the Battles of Falkirk and Culloden During the Jacobite Rising of 1745. In 1751, regiments began to be numbered, and the Enniskillen regiment became the 27th (Enniskillen) Regiment of Foot. "Enniskillen" was the oldest territorial title in the line infantry of the British army. During the Seven Years War (1756-63) the regiment fought in North America and the west Indies against the French. In 1778 the regiment was again sent to fight in the American Revolutionary War, where it fought in the West Indies against the French, who had an Alliance with the Americans. The war against the French came to an End in 1783. 

In 1793 the French Revolutionary Wars broke out. In 1796 the Regiment took part in the Battle/Siege of St Lucia where its colours were displayed on the flagstaff there for an Hour before a Union flag was put up. This had never before, or since happened to a regiment.The regiment then fought in the Low Countries  (again, the Netherlands) and Egypt where it took part in the Battle of Alexandria (1801), The second battalion was in the Garrison of that city after the battle.The First Battalion Distinguished itself at Maida in Italy (1806.) The 2nd and 3rd Battalions took part in the Penninsular war in such battles as Badajoz (1812), Salamanca (1812), Vitoria (1813), Pyrenees (1813), Nivelle (1813, Again), Orthez (1814), and Toulouse (1814.)

The Regiment's First Battalion (the one We Represent) was the only Irish regiment/Battalion Present at Waterloo (1815) The battalion started the day with 698 men and Officers and ended with 103 killed and 373 wounded. The Regiment was stated by Wellington to have saved the centre of his line. Between 1837 and 1847 the regiment fought in several Native wars in South Africa.In 1840 the spelling of Enniskillen in the Regiments name was Changed to Inniskilling (archaic Spelling). The Regiment served in India between 1854 and 1868 where it was involved in Supressing the Indian Mutiny and Keeping law and order in North-West India.

In 1881 the regiment was Amalgamated with the 108th Regiment of Foot to become the Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers. This regiment fought in the Second Boer war, the Tirah campaign of 1897 in India, The First World War, the Second World War (They Fought in Burma, Tunisia, and Italy, Among other places.), Malaya, and Kenya. In 1968 the Regiment was amalgamated with the Royal Ulster Rifles and the Royal Irish Fusiliers to become the Royal Irish Rangers, which served in places like Bosnia and Northern Ireland. In 1992 the Regiment was Amalgamated again with the Ulster Defence Regiment to become the Royal Irish Regiment (27th (Inniskilling) 83rd and 87th and Ulster Defence Regiment). The Royal Irish served recently Iraq and Afganistan.

This Brings the regiment up to the Present day. 

27thfootbadge1815b.jpg

Shako Plate worn by the regiment's ORs at Waterloo
Website [NEW]:

Ranks and Regimental tags

Enlisted
Recruit Private = Rct- First "Experience Grade" of private, new member, first three ranks all offically privates, just different experience grades. Around----[\
Private = Pte- Your normal Private after a few trainings gets upgraded from normal private to a now trained private.------------------------------------------[ > Around 15-30 (50-100 in Real life)Enlisted per Company                                                                                                                                                     
Veteran Private = Vet- After taking part in at least 5 line battles with good conduct as Pte they become veterans.---------------------------------------------[/
Musicians= Bandsman (Fifer)= Bndmn (not Historical abreviation but can't find proper one)/Drummer (Dmr)  -------------------------------------------------------------[> 1 fifer (Bandsman) and 1 drummer per company.
Chosen Man= ChMn- Man CHOSEN to take over if NCOs are dead, Actually an Appointment for a private, like the Later version, Lance Croporal, Basically not too much actually responsibility, just training for NCOs.--------------------------------------------[> 4 per Company

Non commisioned officers (NCOs)

Corporal = Cpl- Second most Junior NCO, keep the men disciplined and in line.---------------------------------------------------------------------------[> 3 per Company
Serjeant = Sjt.- Middle grade of NCO, Must be responsible and after this point may be promoted to CSjt, CSM, RSM or even Ensign.--------------------[> 2 per Company
Colour Serjeant = CSjt -Must be dedicated to the regiment with a reasonable period of service, protect the colours and try to be first to pick them up if the Ensign falls------------[> 1 per company
Serjeant Major = SM- part of the Regimental staff, only one per Battalion
Drum Major= Dm Maj = Serjeant in charge of the Musicians of the Battalion-------------[> one in battalion.

Officers:

Ensign = Ens, Junior Officer, Carry the colours in Regimental Staff, keep order and take command if Cpt and Lt killed when leading company-------[> 1 Per company, 2 In Staff for carryign the colours
Lieutenant = Lt, Second in Command of Company--------------------[> 1 per Company (possibly One extra on staff for Adjutant )                         
Captain = Capt, Company commander-------------------------------[> 1 per Company (one extra may be Adjutant.
Major = Maj, 4th and 5th in Command in order of Seniority-------------------[> 2 per battalion, on staff.                                       
Adjutant  = Adj- in real life responsible for finances and administration, in this third in command Rank, usualy a Major, but can be promoted from lieutenant onwards, keep old rank so their tags are styled as for Example 27th_Adt_Lt_Williams or 27th_Adt_Maj_Williams---------------------------[>1 per Battalion
Lieutenant Colonel = Col --------------------[>Me. a battalion was commanded by a Lieutenant Colonel Referred to as Colonel when commanding, so I shall have my tags as Col     

TAGS!
27th_[Company or Nothing for staff]_[Rank]_[Name]

27thfootenniskillin.jpg

The Raising of the Regiment as Tiffin's Regiment.
Rules
1.We try to have fun, but please try to be Serious about Discipline and follow orders.
2.Do not Teamkill or Troll.
3.Try to use a realistic Name for you ingame, Like mine, 27th_Col_Griffin, or (Examples, not real) 27th_Pte_Johnson, 27th_Rct_Smith, 27th_1C_Pte_DaffyTheDuck and so on.
4. Have fun, jokes and all, but don't be Racist or Sectarian or any of that obvious stuff that you shouldn't be.

Company badges
Grenadier company badge
GrenBadge.jpg

Roster
SEE WEBSITE MEMBERS TAB.

How to join/ Application form
Fill in this form and post it here or pm it me. Also add "Colonel Griffin" and if that doesn't work "Londnred" on steam.
OR PM me or add me and message one of us or check out OUR NEW WEBSITE
Application
In game name:
Steam name:
Experience(MM regiments,Secession Regiments etc.):
Do you have TS? (mic is optional):
Why do you want to join the 27th Foot?:
Do you have atleast a basic enough Capability to speak English to understand and respond to commands?:
Other Comments (If any):

If you do not have TS we can tell you where to download it.

Medals (coming soon by McBride)

Amazing recruitment poster by Private  McBride
RecPost.jpg

All members recieve a customised Signature By Private McBride:
Williams.jpg

Training Times and Server:
Every Monday 9:00 GMT (British time) (4:00 or 5:00 US eastern Time)
And every Friday at 9pm GMT (4 or 5pm EST
Join TS 10 minutes earlier. server and password Details told in TS.
You are only required to come to one a week and if you cannot make it that is okay, but if you miss a month you will be removed unless you have a reasonable excuse.

Our In game Server:
BAF Server

TeamSpeak Server:
As a member Regiment of the British Armed Forces we use the TS 85.236.100.85:14447

BANNER IN-GAME
Our banner is the Harp of Erin on a BLUE backround

Please tell me if i missed anything.
Please note all posts before the second page where before i got the regiment set up and i was asking about replacing an old one.

Colonel J Griffin,Colonel commanding, 27th (Enniskillen) Regiment of Foot.​

Ahh the 27th Inniskillings! Fellow Irish Regiment good luck in the DLC, May we fight alongside each other under the cry of "Faugh A Ballegh!" as we charge down ol' Frenchie!

stewart29th said:
Ahh the 27th Inniskillings! Fellow Irish Regiment good luck in the DLC, May we fight alongside each other under the cry of "Faugh A Ballegh!" as we charge down ol' Frenchie!
Thanks!

All training canceled till we get 10 people due to the fact that the HM won't let us have our TS back till we have 10 people and as a concequense no one will want to join a regiment that doesn't have teamspeak or Trainings and in the end i will most likely have no choice but to disband.  Infact ignore that bit, I'm not gonna disband, its just never gonna have a team speak or any recruits.

Good luck there, and if you have teamspeak problems we might be able to help ^^
add haakon521 to steam and i might get you a spot in our TS server.

Welcome to our two newest members:

Captain.jpg
Captain Squiges 27th_1C_Cpt_Squiges
Ireland.png
Commander of the 1st Company
Betrayed us.
Private.jpg
Private (Recruit) Michu 27th_1C_Rct_Michu
Poland.png

Ranker in the First company

Londnred said:
Welcome to our two newest members:

Captain.jpg
Captain Squiges 27th_1C_Cpt_Squiges
Ireland.png
Commander of the 1st Company Betrayed us. forgiven, welcome back.
Private.jpg
Private (Recruit) Michu 27th_1C_Rct_Michu
Poland.png

Ranker in the First company

Training tomorow 6pm GMT.Unfortunately i will not be there but i will be at the wednesday training session :grin:

Back
Top Bottom