The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superb work Doc!

16692-010846-6745f7fa9ec1ef99a87d18e6416407ef.jpg

Hmm... yellow straps in the 4th Division, Vilna Musketeers? Did you deliberately choose an obscure regiment for a sort of "blank slate" for the player? Unless of course these forces still retain their Inspection colours, in which case I'd have to cross-reference the division charts and inspection charts to figure out who it could be and I can't be bothered to do that right now at 6:30 AM... and also I don't care that much.

They look great. Will the game automatically switch between winter and summer uniforms based on the scene-type? That would be incredible.

jezza93 said:
Will there be partisans?
Why should there be partisans when no one is invading?

Bluehawk said:
Hmm... yellow straps in the 4th Division, Vilna Musketeers? Did you deliberately choose an obscure regiment for a sort of "blank slate" for the player? Unless of course these forces still retain their Inspection colours, in which case I'd have to cross-reference the division charts and inspection charts to figure out who it could be and I can't be bothered to do that right now at 6:30 AM... and also I don't care that much.

They look great. Will the game automatically switch between winter and summer uniforms based on the scene-type? That would be incredible.
I believe the 3rd regiment of the 4th division was the Volhynia regiment. Either way, I chose the yellow straps because I thought it looked best and of all the numbers I tried, '4' read the best. I usually choose regiments based on which I think looks best. However, I don't think there are many people out there that can recall the exploits of the ol' fightin' 4th Volhynia, so it is, as you said, a blank slate.

The uniforms do change for winter and summer (unless I find out my script is causing horrible, as-of-yet unnoticed problems). I could probably make them change based on the scene or weather, but I'm not sure I want to.

Thanks, all.

I have Volhynia as the 2nd regiment, wearing white straps... but it doesn't matter.

So, when you say summer and winter, does the script actually look at the game's date? That's incredible.

NICE, BEAUTIFUL , AND BEST OF ALL      RUSSIANS!!!!!!!!!  well not as good as british but..... :smile:

and dont forget if u need good musket sounds,, i have a brown bess 2nd model short land pattern so not india pattern but still pretty much the same sound :smile:

where plume on grenadier shakos? like this:
grenader.jpg
and where belt on all shakos? what they stay on head?

923-facepalm.gif

Docm30 said:
And before anyone asks any of the questions I know someone will, I will answer them.

Where are the shako cords/knapsack cross strap/gaiter-trousers?
The mod starts in April 1809 and attempts to be accurate to that date. Shako cords and the knapsack strap hadn't been issued at this time, and the gaiters trousers were only worn from about June to September (i.e. summer). You're stuck with these weird built-in-boots-trousers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom