Translations - V1.011 translations required

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmm... i didn't check after .800. Perhaps it was corrected.

No, if i use an umlaut the umlaut and the next few characters after it will not be shown.

But i found another thing:

The name of the files doesn't matter. M&B will look through all files in the language directory.

It's all about standardisation really, so if more than one person does a translation, you wont have to keep on changing the language file.

Beliar- Have you tried what getassista said above? It worked for me.

EDIT: More problems. The line:

ui_and_two_spaces| and

in welsh would be "a". If "a" is next to a vowel it turns into "ag". Ah well.

Cymro said:
[...]
Beliar- Have you tried what getassista said above? It worked for me.
[...]

What? Phrase shorter or wrong ID?

Both can't be. If i replace the umlaut-characters with another characters(like ue instead of ü) it works and the text is even longer.

GetAssista said:
Beliar said:
Both can't be. If i replace the umlaut-characters with another characters(like ue instead of ü) it works and the text is even longer.
I guess he talks about preserving utf-8 encoding.

That might be... i make a quick try with code::blocks (has an utf-8 mode)

Edit:

It works - should've known that myself since i wrote an unicode application myself...

Is there a way of changing the "'s party" layout around? Otherwise many languages will have to use strange wording.

Cymro said:
Is there a way of changing the "'s party" layout around? Otherwise many languages will have to use strange wording.
If translated as"<Hero> and party", will look nice in all languages I guess, w/o gender/ownership suffuxes considerations.

I'd be prepared to do a french translation but I have no idea how. If anyone could do some colaboration with me or somehtin... I dunno how it'd work cos I ahve no idea how to edit anyhting! I have enough trouble with Microsoft word  :lol: Ok, so if someone would be prepared to extract all the lines of text that need to be translated then I could translate them into French. They'd have to send them to me in a text document and I'd send it back for them to put into the game etc whatever you have to do.

Ok so if anyone wants to that'd be great, just don't expect anyhting before january, I have exams  :cry:

Easy enough to do: Simply
-download notepad++ from http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/about.php

-Go into your Mount&Blade folder

-Go into "languages"

-Make a copy of "en" and call it the ISO639-1 code (french is fr). The reason for this is, from a previous post of mine: "It's all about standardisation really, so if more than one person does a translation, you wont have to keep on changing the language file."

-Next, open "hints.csv" and/or "ui.csv" and begin translating

Right... So like, my first version of the translation was completely buggy and with a ton of errors, so I'm remaking it from scratch... More delaying... *sigh*

EDIT: UPDATE: I've only got 300 more entries to go with the ui... In aproximately an hour I'll release the Alpha and make a testing thread... After all bugs are reported, I'll release the Beta... And, if all bugs are gone, i'll release Romanian Version 1.0

Alas, ui.csv translation is far from enough to call it game translation, and far from enough to let non-english speakers play the game.
We are now working on full Russian translation (or Russian module), ui+hints are already done, but I prefer to not post them separately.

Edit: dialogs.csv, game_menus.csv, game_menus.csv, item_kinds.csv skills.csv are vital for translation

Hi,

This sounds great, but you shouldn't edit the module system files in order to localize the game. You just need to add more .csv files.

There is a new "create language template" feature built into the new version to assist you in this process. To use that,

1) Launch Mount&Blade and start a new game.
2) Go to the windowed mode by pressing Alt+enter
3) From view menu click on "create language template" button.
4) A set of .csv files will be created under a new folder (by default: c:\Program files\Mount&Blade\new_language )
5) Copy the .csv files to your own folder and translate them.

Hope that helps. :smile:

GetAssista said:
Brilliant!!  :cool:
That's exactly what we want, I guess.
I suppose, atfer translation those .csv are going to the same folder, as ui.csv+hint.csv

Yes. That's right.

If you want to translate mods, you can also add module-specific translations by adding them under the module's language folder.

Happy, happy, joy, joy! It works perfectly!

Now, while we are at it, the only thing left is <font.dds> exact format, and I'm in heaven. Default Russian font is not that beautiful there :wink:

Back
Top Bottom