1866 - Bug Reports (v0.9.0 only)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abominog

Sergeant
Please report any bugs, problems, or unintended effects for 1866 v0.9.0 here. 

BEFORE POSTING ABOUT A BUG/CRASH:

Please read/search this thread to see if a bug has already been reported.  If your bug has already been reported, your post may be removed. 

Be as specific as you can, and tell us how we can reproduce the problem if you can.  Remember: if we can't find it, we can't fix it...  If you experience a CTD (Crash to desktop), please fill out the form below:

Copy/Paste this form and fill it out to make sure you tell us most of what we need to know:

Code:
[list]
The problem:
[*]What is the problem? - 
[*]How did it happen? - 
[*]Where were you? - 
[*]What were you doing? - 
[*]Any other important details? - 
 My computer:
[*]Operating System - 
[*]CPU - 
[*]Total Memory - 
[*]Video Card - 
[/list]

• The problem:
      • What is the problem? -
      • How did it happen? -
      • Where were you? -
      • What were you doing? -
      • Any other important details? -
      My computer:
      • Operating System -
      • CPU -
      • Total Memory -
      • Video Card -

It is also a good idea to check the fixed bug list to see if your problem has already been resolved in an upcoming version or patch:

If you can't get 1866 to work at all....

1) Did you try installing this for Warband? If so, it won't work.  1866 will only work for M&B v1.011.

2) Have you modified your core M&B game files?  Some mods don't play nice with others.  If you've done this (or even think you may have done this), please first try reinstalling M&B AND 1866.

3) Was your download somehow corrupted?  Try re-downloading 1866 and attempt a reinstall.  Alternatively, you can also check the MD5 hash of the executable you downloaded with the one in the release thread to make sure your download was not somehow corrupted.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

When i tried to go to saloon or walk at streets, i got this message:

Runtime error!
This application has request the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the applications support team for more information.

what should I do?

Leij0na said:

Runtime error!

what should I do?

Which street(s) or saloon(s)?  Telling us the specific town/fort/village and location is vital for us finding and fixing the problem.  Please include specific locations, even if it occurs in multiple locations.

yellowmosquito said:
Leij0na said:

Runtime error!

what should I do?

Which street(s) or saloon(s)?  Telling us the specific town/fort/village and location is vital for us finding and fixing the problem.  Please include specific locations, even if it occurs in multiple locations.

It happens at El Paso and Cottonwood. And now it happened when i tried to go help statecoagh next to El Paso.
I tried to reinstall, but it didnt work.

EDIT: And now it happens in San Castaberro

Leij0na said:
yellowmosquito said:
Leij0na said:

Runtime error!

what should I do?

It happens at El Paso and Cottonwood. And now it happened when i tried to go help statecoagh next to El Paso.
I tried to reinstall, but it didnt work.

EDIT: And now it happens in San Castaberro

i played town shootouts in san castaberro i got this message:

RGL error

Unable to restore vertex buffer

maybe it's a bug:
Once when I go into the El Paso inn, there is a man called like village headman or something standing in it. His conversation is likely of the normal village elderly. I can buy cattle or foods from him.

EDIT YM: What is the "El Paso Inn"?  I checked with in the "El Paso Hotel", but saw nothing like this. 

The problem I got are lagspikes. But I get 50-70 FPS on every scene. What can I do or can it be solved ?

Specs:

Videocard: ZOTAC GF G210, 1GB.
Processor: Intel 2.8 Ghz.
RAM: 2 GB.

Also I checked the Task Manager and the single thing that eats memory is the game and nothing more (100% usage). I run Warband at full settings and it works smooth on any mod, but sadly 1866 doesn't seem to like me.

These occasional lag spikes is something I often experienced in old M&B, both native and mods.

Try to change the render_buffer_size parameter. In old M&B it is in (win XP):
/windows/Document and settings/%username%/Application data/Mount&blade/rgl_config.txt

The default value is something like 15, but people reported good results in the past setting it to 100 or more (will depend on your GPU RAM size).

There is another parameter there: disable_frequency_variation
I never experimented with it, but I suspect it could have an impact.

Finally, you can try to force_single_threading = 1

Thanks for the suggestion, Mouthnhoof.

1866 uses a lot of extra textures, so that means the requirements tend to be higher than normal M&B.  We have also experienced the vertex buffer in my scenes as we are using more (and more complicated) scene props that normal M&B uses. 

We will do our best to scale back the problem scenes as people with different computers post what is causing problems for them.

Just a wee question - have you done something with the way enemy choses his targets? I have a strong feeling my char is picked by most of them (really hard to survive the battle).

Hoodinski said:
Just a wee question - have you done something with the way enemy choses his targets? I have a strong feeling my char is picked by most of them (really hard to survive the battle).

yep and I always die with one hit(backstabs), usually when trying to stay still while aiming at a guy for 2-4 secs lol.

I don't think we deliberately changed the way the A.I. targets the player.

FYI - I attached a form that you can use when reporting bugs to the first post.  Just copy/paste from there.

Ah- I get it now. It's not the way the enemy choses his targets- it's about the skills. All the shooting skills are really, really high. So the amount of bullets flying at you is the same but they are more accurate.

yellowmosquito said:
Thanks for the suggestion, Mouthnhoof.

1866 uses a lot of extra textures, so that means the requirements tend to be higher than normal M&B.  We have also experienced the vertex buffer in my scenes as we are using more (and more complicated) scene props that normal M&B uses. 

We will do our best to scale back the problem scenes as people with different computers post what is causing problems for them.

It might be the ammount of resources. It would be very helpful if you remove the unused resources/codes. Also I will try to test your suggestion then will report if it works. Overall, the mod has improved significantly. :smile:

Edit: I just checked "Force single threading" and the mod seems to run perfectly. Thanks for your suggestions. :grin:

Dont know if it is a bug or not or if it is something you changed on purpose.
But do the bullet travel or do they hit the target instant?
When I shoot my gun close and far away it seems that the ricochet takes the same amount of time to travel to its target / destination.

joshtong1234 said:
Hoodinski said:

yep and I always die with one hit(backstabs), usually when trying to stay still while aiming at a guy for 2-4 secs lol.
While cheat testing 1866 with a lvl 32 char I learned 1 thing very quickly and that was always stay on the move, watch the enemy closely and when can take a snap shot at them without standing still for too long  :smile:

The problem: A horse that seemed to have transformed into a speeder bike. Horses in disguise!
                      I saw an umbrella like this in real life for $40.
                      A very disturbed man, wanted for very disturbing things (it might be NSFW).
                      All happened in cottonwood Bishop's lodge when I rode in to town after visiting tull.

My Computer: Windows XP
                      3 Ghz
                      About 2 GBs of ram
                      Nvidia 8600 GTS

Clearly These bugs have made my day. :grin:

EDIT: Got the location wrong. By the stars, I'm stupid for not seeing it in the screen shot.

Overlord Dark Wolf said:
The problem: A horse that seemed to have transformed into a speeder bike. Horses in disguise!
                      I saw an umbrella like this in real life for $40.
                      A very disturbed man, wanted for very disturbing things (it might be NSFW).
                      All happened in cottonwood Bishop's lodge when I rode in to town after visiting tull.

My Computer: Windows XP
                      3 Ghz
                      About 2 GBs of ram
                      Nvidia 8600 GTS

Clearly These bugs have made my day. :grin:

EDIT: Got the location wrong. By the stars, I'm stupid for not seeing it in the screen shot.

The ranger speederbike is a bug.  The horse skeleton got all messed up somehow.  Fixed for next release.

The other issues are very deliberate.  :smile: 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom