Ghost Recon Future Soldier

Users who are viewing this thread

Chechen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhVx3jBXRSY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhq7-wo11h4

I need my weekly amount of super shooters and this looks pretty darn sexy. Looks kinda easy though.

1st ghost recon was awesome.
This looks pretty.. complicated. But also sexy.

Yeah I've always had an urge to play Ghost recon, but never got round to any of them. I mean, if it's anything like Rainbow Six or Splinter Cell, which I used to love playing, then I'll probaly like it.

And damn that first video is brilliant :F

The first one, can't tell if it's a movie or animated. Holy damn.

Second one: "Really? We're getting medals for this **** :grin:"

It looks alright. The cloaking armour would be nice, if it wouldn't make you ****ing invisible standing a feet away from your enemy. Also, that bit of gameplay was recorded on a console, so I am assuming it's being ported over to PC later, which is going to make it pretty much insta-****.

Spectacular graphics, without a doubt. I won't be getting it though, I loved the original Ghost Recon and its expansions, but almost as soon as it went to consoles (I know, I know, but it's very true in this case!) the game jettisoned its character. Reality was forgotten and suddenly (in Advanced Warfighter, which I didn't buy but my brother did for his 360) you were able to see people behind objects. In the original, the only unrealistic ability IIRC was a basic radar in the bottom of the screen, which indicated when an enemy was close, and also the approximate direction that remaining enemies were in. It was a necessarily slow paced game, as you couldn't afford to rush forward, you had to see the enemy first to stand a good chance of surviving. And now it seems that invisibility cloaks are being used. That's bad enough, but mini missile launchers that can destroy battle tanks? And they are mounted on the shoulder?!? It is like something out of Transformers.

ALL the Tom Clancy games have gone to **** once they got the go ahead to start making **** up themselves without Clancy's input a few years ago.

Invisibility looks like a bit of a gimmick, but I'm willing to not nit-pick in exchange for hours of mindless SSSSS (Super Stealth Soldier Shooting Stuff) fun.

Revilo said:
Invisibility looks like a bit of a gimmick, but I'm willing to not nit-pick in exchange for hours of mindless SSSSS (Super Stealth Soldier Shooting Stuff) fun.

Invisibility as a technology has actually had some success in creating a material that can bend a portion of the visible spectrum around it, but it's very rudimentary, and it will be forty years for that technology to pan out, at least.

This game would be interesting were it not the usual "console shoot-and-forget" game that suffers from poor design decisions.

Grunar said:
Americans killing Russians how original..
Humans killing humans how original this game is going to be crap Americans killing Russians is so Modern Warfare which by the way is the sucks because it just is shut up you fanboys quit whining.

Also imply that youre gay for no reason.

I hope it's not scripted railshooter but that every level actually has multiple entry points and you can do some actual planning, even if only on field.

Back
Top Bottom