Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

when i upload the game it ses that it couldnt find bushes 02-04 or somthing and that it will just ignore it. also, ADD A WEPON MAKING LIST PLEASE  :wink:

Jean_a_Normandie said:
This is retarded. I was on this today, and I asked a simple question. Then Comrade_Obama said "10,000 bounty on Debatable(me)" Then, everyone in the tavern I was in started killing me. I told them to stop, and asked why I had a bounty. Then Andras(who was killing me) said "IDK, IDC" AND KILLED ME!!! I asked over chat after I respawned why I had a bounty. Then Comrade_Obama said "For asking a dumb question and spamming the chat." Let me ask YOU. Is saying "How do you turn sticks into other wooden things?" spamming or dumb? This is so stupid. I want Comrade_Obama banned. Because after I died, he issued ANOTHER bounty on me.

Hey, I heard about his bounty, and I did the usual merc for hire thing, doing the job no questions asked. Banning oboma won't solve the issue, but I think reseting his stats would.  :wink: 

One thing we need to do, decrease the reason for brigands to kill serfs for money. If they see you with a pick, usualy it means your fairly wealthy.... and it is their excuse to kill serfs.

A really great great job x_x !!!
Good job !!!!! That's awesome ! But, I have some questions :
-How make object, like the scalpel / sword .. etc .. ?
-Is the ship/boat should work ?
-How many time after your money is keeping in your character ?
-Do you lost money when disconecting ?
(I think some of this question has their answers something x_x Sorry I didn't sleep, that's 5.00AM :grin: didn't sleep since a lot )

:smile:

HitoKiri said:
-How make object, like the scalpel / sword .. etc .. ?
-Is the ship/boat should work ?
-How many time after your money is keeping in your character ?
-Do you lost money when disconecting ?
- To make a scalpel you need to be an engineer holding a small iron bar: then use the scalpel stockpile until the progress bar completes. Swords are made pretty much the same way, except you need a medium or long iron bar instead. Using the forge with one of the iron bar types wielded will convert between larger and smaller types: stand on the left side to split up medium or long bars, the right side to join 2 small or medium bars into the larger type.
- Yes, the ships should work; though players have been saying that repairing ships doesn't work, and I haven't got around to testing it myself yet (recently).
- The money will be kept until the mission (map) ends, or the server crashes.
- Yes, you will lose a random amount between 20% and 50% (keeping 50% to 80%): this was originally to discourage quitting whenever you are in a dangerous situation with lots of money and not much valuable equipment, but now that loot bags are dropped on death, the loss factor should probably be smaller. What do people think?

Hm seems like you thought of every way to cheat, sounds good. Although if you can get a good way to allow servers (like you said) to discourage killing of merchants through game mechanics, that would be really great.

Tirok said:
Hm seems like you thought of every way to cheat, sounds good. Although if you can get a good way to allow servers (like you said) to discourage killing of merchants through game mechanics, that would be really great.
It seems wrong to want to discourage killing of "merchants" (rather than just peasants struggling to get ahead), since wouldn't they be rich and the main target for robberies and mugging? It seems to me that the realistic behaviour would be for the merchants to hire guards (though there aren't really any features that make being a merchant profitable enough to do that, yet). After more thinking about it: if I make killing a commoner always a team kill, castle factions won't be able to block peasants from entering their castle and taking stuff, without risking the penalty of being outlawed... so maybe I'll just try making an option to not drop commoner loot, with no other penalty. Maybe make it not apply to outlaws killing commoners, as well? (Outlaws have little chance against faction soldiers).

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
I love the invisibilty thing, I wish the shadow would dissapear though.

if we could toggle it and hide our names it would be perfect to teleport to a randomer and watch :razz:

This is really amazing!  :grin:

There was only one small problem for me that could easily be fixed. I noticed that you always spawn with headwear and its impossible to remove it, so its a bit of a shame that you always have to have some kind of hat or helmet. If you could simply remove any headwear at spawn it would be problem fixed.

Vornne said:
Known issues, probably not fixable:
  • There is no way to remove any armour, and all troops spawn with head armour; this is due to a bug (or missing feature) in the game engine. When equipping items that show hair, for example the wedding veil, the player will have a bald head until they respawn with the item equipped (or for other players, reconnect to the server). I have some ideas on how it might be possible to work around this problem, eventually, but the best solution would be taleworlds fixing it.
Without a fix from taleworlds, it's either hair or head armor, not both; so I chose head armor. Ideas for working around the problem are based on "equipping" a helmet item using hair mesh, and a glove item with a hand mesh - but the hair shape, color, and skin color would have to somehow be setup seperately from the hard coded face generator (since I there doesn't seem to be any way to get that information with the module system).
Suspicous Pilgrim said:
I love the invisibilty thing, I wish the shadow would dissapear though.
I think shadows are hard coded: so not possible.

An admin get killed in a gangbang, and finally, I took the money bag : I have over 9Milions XD But he answered me how muck I get, I said 900K, so I gave him back 800k :wink:, Now I'm RIIICH AHAHAHAHAHA !!!

PS : How control a boat ( we need to be two for control it, I know ), and for repair a boat, we need to go in water ? Because when the boat is broken he goes in water and I sink the engineer need to try the death ? :eek:

I love everything except from starting out as a serf all the time, i want the old spawn system back, but still with serfs (so those who like the new system can utilise it), while those, like myself, just want to get in and play/RP and that having basic armor and weapons is of little significance, you should be able to spawn as a combat class straight away OR take a page out of CRPG's book and find a system where you can start a noob serf and buy new jobs and armor progressively (which would be fantastic)

This brings me to my next point, you need to fix the faction killing failsafe, there was allot of randoming going on the other day and I, among others, weren't ready to defend ourselves at the risk of being branded "bandits". Can you not implement a system that punishes the person who struck the other person first?

Also, due to the crass confusion which apparently allot of people encountered while being serfs ( especially the completely terrible idea of not spawning with enough money to buy  a basic skill, such as serf or woodcutting, so you cant work for a faction straight away) is what to do when they start out, you need to put up a very basic guide that outlines the prospects of serfs when they start (since i doubt you'll bring the superior old spawn system back).
HitoKiri said:
    An admin get killed in a gangbang, and finally, I took the money bag : I have over 9Milions XD But he answered me how muck I get, I said 900K, so I gave him back 800k :wink:, Now I'm RIIICH AHAHAHAHAHA
You lied to and stole from an admin while all the while contributing nothing to the economy, well done.

Because you think have a lot of money means you don't participate to the economy ? x_x

PS : I connected with "Satan" who had ver 8milions XD I lost ALL, I just have 1400 dinars left.

i think the server needs a reset. Some admins have abused hundreds of thousands of denari in the game, and they are still in circulation if im not mistaken. If they die, a guy may give money to his friends and all the economy will suffer.

Back
Top Bottom