Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

deadeye238 said:
    Yeah giving incentive to store money in chests is a good idea untill someone breaks into them....  (me, and all the other entrepenuers at game start    :wink:)
Hmm... That show one problem... If someone break into treasury, he can steal everything, and you can't even kill him to regain your gold. it make me wish to see money limit - something like 10k + chest items (take one slot, is worth another 10k).
It would:
a. prevent clearing treasury at once.
b. make carrying large sums risky and unwieldy.

EDIT:
And one question - what's the purpose of engineering skill for serfs and mercenary? can they make any item? repair objects?

CalenLoki said:
deadeye238 said:
    Yeah giving incentive to store money in chests is a good idea untill someone breaks into them....  (me, and all the other entrepenuers at game start    :wink:)
Hmm... That show one problem... If someone break into treasury, he can steal everything, and you can't even kill him to regain your gold. it make me wish to see money limit - something like 10k + chest items (take one slot, is worth another 10k).It would:
a. prevent clearing treasury at once.
b. make carrying large sums risky and unwieldy.

EDIT:
And one question - what's the purpose of engineering skill for serfs and mercenary? can they make any item? repair objects?

Please clarify this a bit more, I didn't quite get it. They can break in steal everything, but do you want to cap the player money carrying limit, or the Chest limit???

P.S. The chests at start only carry 5k, which is cleared by me and other experience players at each restart. Also, the most money I ever found in a pre-opened chest was 382, and they probably didn't even mean to put it in there.

Carts are bugged, cant place anything there, after a while the scores list (when pressing TAB) gets stuck, most of the mines are bugged, please make being a serf for a faction less. more water feeders for horses there are NONE.. more bridges in map to get to the other side easier from the starting town.
Please...

deadeye238 said:
Speedyck said:
I'm very disapointed.
Not because of the mod, but because of the players.
It's so nice when every single serf in faction cooperate to collect some money to get engineer for faction and then getting more money for other (unlucky cart doesnt work properly, it would be very useful). It's nice idea which our clan trying to play... Well it's difficult to play it this way, when army of serves from other factions still attacking your castle with blunt falchion, rusty sword and so on. Killing without reason is no longer randoming for admins. No declaration of war works here, and after this update, most admin do nothing with players breaking NLR and other rules.
I like this mod and I believe it will be amazing but not with brainwashed dumbs. For those who enjoying pointless killing on PW, why dont you just play Native when you cant do something useful.

You are wrong there, if you kill an admin he probably won't hesitate to kick/ban you, I assure you that. But other thing, admins don't kick randomers, because by the gameplay of this new modificiation, randoming happens all the time everywhere. This makes it useless to try to police it, and when you are under attack from the serfs of another faction, then why not get the gaurds of YOUR faction, to go disperse them? I don't get it sometimes, there are so many great oportunities for RP, and people will go around seeing these, or not, then let them slide. It is rediculous, really. So much RP wasted on the non RPers. The way I see it, once this mod is finished, maybe then the community will be mature enough to do it the right way.
The thing about randomers is solved badly, for still someone who just want to piss you during your hard work should be kicked and note explained as a outlaw, when most of players dont care about outlaws cause dont know what they suppose to mean and when somebody killing outlaw, outlaw start insulting you as a randomer. I believe that somebody wnat to be outlaw, but it should be solved another way not this. And the second thing about those guards. Which guards, when the faction has only few new members and they are hardworking to earn money and what sence make when serves, who cant care for their own castle starting to expand to another castle. It doesnt sound very well as a role play.

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
Speedyck said:
I'm very disapointed.
It's so nice when every single serf in faction cooperate to collect some money to get engineer for faction and then getting more money for other (unlucky cart doesnt work properly, it would be very useful). It's nice idea which our clan trying to play... Well it's difficult to play it this way, when army of serves from other factions still attacking your castle with blunt falchion, rusty sword and so on. Killing without reason is no longer randoming for admins. No declaration of war works here, and after this update, most admin do nothing with players breaking NLR and other rules.
I like this mod and I believe it will be amazing but not with brainwashed dumbs. For those who enjoying pointless killing on PW, why dont you just play Native when you cant do something useful.

Do you think you'll help us if you give us the name of the admin, asshat?

Dont know exact names, but if you want know something. When robbery become first time kill and then speak, cause that make no sence for me, I know the name but dont want to insult him in front of other cause they should make image of him themselves and maybe it was just a small misunderstanding from him.
Btw what makes you to insult me, try to behave as an adult, speaking about brainwashed dumbs wasnt ment to you. Im glad that someone running server on PW but sometimes I disagree with your decisions. Cause after many years of experience with role playing games (talking about noncomputer role playing games) i have to disagree with some opinions.

I read it, which is why I did not understand why everyone was getting so pissy at me over the rules.

Speedyck said:
Suspicous Pilgrim said:
Speedyck said:
I'm very disapointed.

Do you think you'll help us if you give us the name of the admin, asshat?

Dont know exact names, but if you want know something. When robbery become first time kill and then speak, cause that make no sence for me, I know the name but dont want to insult him in front of other cause they should make image of him themselves and maybe it was just a small misunderstanding from him.
Btw what makes you to insult me, try to behave as an adult, speaking about brainwashed dumbs wasnt ment to you. Im glad that someone running server on PW but sometimes I disagree with your decisions. Cause after many years of experience with role playing games (talking about noncomputer role playing games) i have to disagree with some opinions.

Ofcourse it wasn't, Pilgrim is an admin!  :mrgreen:

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
Consdiering you don't even know what admin you're talking about your entire point about them is invalid.
Considering that im not speaking only about admins, actualy im not speaking about admins but about admins acting, which is not only about one admin and considering that I care more about game than which admin is online, your comments to my opinion had no worth to me

How can you not be talking about admins, yet be talking about how admins act.

You just have to wait speed, people are getting used to the mod and how it works. Things will be figured out in due time. Until then, just play and wait it out.

This is the wrong thread for this guys stay ontopic to the Mod. the admins were abit of a pain yesterday, a boat of admins were running around been asses without roleplaying properly which caused some issues, telling someone your a pirate after they killed you is really bad to see from a admin :/

Can i get some stats for boats vornne? Health,Speed,cost to repair, Acceleration etc? id like to do some stats balancing xD

Biggest boat = slowest but strongest
Smallest boat = fast but weak

something like that. the largest boat seems to be the fastest and strongest which isnt very fun to play against.
also is it possible to raise the sails an inch when developped? you cant see past them when your steering at the back of the larger 2 boats :razz: its like half the boat becomes a blindspot

This Mod is Fantasticly Magnific O_O
Really great great !!! (The only little problem : Too long for make money, but money isn't the more important here, now ;D )
Satan is my character : I was doctor, with a scalpel, really great, a lot of people needed me, really usefull. I bought a Poison Dagger ! CRAZY XD That's amazing !!! I'm shaman, I can heal or kill like I want, all people :smile: BUT there is an antidote against the poison (I'll don't say it here, because if an ennemie see the antidote, my skills will useless D: )

SATAN, remember this name !

The bad things about the recent edition is not only the bastardised mechanics, but also the new influx of dare I say , "newfags" who cannot RP at all except "gimmie your cash" and/or "i declare war on the commoners that gives me an excuse to random".

Aethelbert said:
1 question. Can you use the carts to load wood and other stuff on them, like say 5 miners worked together to load up a cart and take it to town?
wickerman_156 said:
Haven't even played the mod yet and not sure how carts will work but maybe you could ask the Mount&Musket guys for the code for the horse drawn artillery thing and remake it into a horse cart.
As said in the first post, carts are mostly not yet implemented: you can only attach them to a cart horse and ride around. Attaching to a horse is not the problem, and while Vince has done a very polished looking looking job with his horse cannons, I know how to do that sort of thing; the unfinished part is the inventory presentation to store items in the cart.
Sixpence said:
It's nothing to do with dying or disconnecting, again, as I said, many people including myself just want to hop in and RP, while I still find your serf system brilliant, I just think it should be best left to those who feel like or WANT to be serfs at that moment in time, if you're going to make people grind then pay for jobs, armor and weapons to become formidable then at-least have some pre-set classes players utilise or as I suggested take a leaf from CRPG's book and have fiscal and item gains saved when the player leaves the server.
King of Scotland said:
I'd also like to hop in and play not start cutting logs and stuff. This is starting to turn something like Runescape-like...
So in other words, you want to have the high respawn gold of RCC 3.x and just buy equipment before spawning, never needing to make money in game? As said in the first post, this version is not designed for you; I may get around to making another mode like that, later. And your money is saved when you leave and rejoin the server: there's just a rather harsh money loss (20% - 50%) on rejoin, which I'll probably change to something more like 10% - 20%.
Warcat92 said:
Also I noticed that the faction spawns can lead to some NLR complications if you're trying to steal from within a castle (as an outlaw), you kill someone and they're immediately back, chasing you with a knife. Makes it look a bit like randoming to others when you kill someone 3 times in a row in a short amount of time.
This game mode was never designed to work with the "NLR" (it didn't exist back then). I personally don't think it is a very good rule for a combat game.
CalenLoki said:
found bug (in alpha1, but probably nothing changed in a2)
when you train as serf, it says that you have 5 STR and 5 AGI, but in text files it shows STR 2 and AGI 5
That's not actually a bug; I found that for low values of troop strength, 3 was added to the value - so 5 is correct, ignore troops.txt.
CalenLoki said:
-tested "how long it takes to cud down tree" - answer is: about 10 minutes of pure axe smashing. I would change it to 5 minutes
Changing how long it takes to cut down a tree is very simple (only one number for each tree prop), so I'll probably tweak it.
CalenLoki said:
-IMO it's too hard to change class, and too little reason to stay alive. To fix it I would:
  1. decrease training prices a lot (x5 lower maybe?)
  2. make you spawn always as serf/peasant, so you have to train every time you died
  3. it also means "no starting equipment"
right now once someone grind enough to become eng, he never come back to serf again
That's the main idea; players are supposed to save up to pick their troop class, and then be encouraged to stick with whatever their speciality is for their faction, rather than being able to quickly and cheaply switch to whatever they need at the time, making it less likely they need to work as a team. These suggestions would radically change the game mode; I'll give the current design more of a chance to see if it works. If people are finding it's too much of a grind to keep making money to train as something different all the time, maybe you could try sticking with one class and working with other players in your faction.
CalenLoki said:
-players should drop more gold while dieing, to encourage using of chests, and generally joining factions. Right now nobody cares about storing gold
The current chests can only be accessed for withdrawing by the lord of the castle, unless they are broken into (maybe I should make them tougher?). I don't think I'll make the loot percentage higher just now, since enough people are complaining about too many outlaws already.  Chests for storing items and player gold will be added eventually, when I get the time.
Tirok said:
A suggestion: I imagine if you can have something showing who is leader, you may be able to make an official declaration of war tool? To inform newcomers (anyone just getting on the server) of warfare.
The lord of a faction is highlighted with a yellow background in the player list (pressing tab). Official declaration of war has been in the plan for a very long time, but I'd want to make it meaningful (affecting what's counted as a team kill) and add the information to the player list, and so on.
Tirok said:
Another question, how do the chests work? Do you just drop a chest on the ground and leave stuff there? Because that could be pretty fun RP, say an admin makes a treasure hunt, or you can store your money in a secret spot.
That's how they might work, when done; the current scene only adds horse carts, but there are wheelbarrow props (which have even more bugs with them), and I was planning to add a backpack prop attached in the same way, like the native CTF mode flags.
Aldric said:
The main point is , we don't have (yet  ) a decent guide with PICTURE to show, what do do and where do to.
I'll get around to that fairly soon. The main reason I didn't do it before release is that I like exploring the map myself with this sort of game, so I didn't really think of making a guide (other than the rough outline in the welcome message / game information window).
CalenLoki said:
Hmm... That show one problem... If someone break into treasury, he can steal everything, and you can't even kill him to regain your gold. it make me wish to see money limit - something like 10k + chest items (take one slot, is worth another 10k).
Not sure exactly what you mean here... factions are supposed to protect their castle chest from being broken into, and repair it once broken (engineer with wood, hit with repair hammer, chest is locked again once hit points are full). People may not realise: buying weapons or armour from a stockpile gives 10% of the value into the associated castle chest, as a sort of automatic sales tax; selling weapons at a stockpile only gives 80% of the value, to avoid free money.
CalenLoki said:
Engineering skill 1 is only enough to craft a few simple items (like torch, small round shield, hunting bow, spear, staff, falchion, mace) and repair things slowly; it's not enough to process wood (level 2) or iron (level 3).
CalenLoki said:
Another thing - would it be possible to put stockpiles and chests on the ship? It would make them really useful for trading
The idea was for players to ride cart horses up the ship ramp, though the ramp doesn't always match ground level very well.
Phoenix234 said:
Can i get some stats for boats vornne? Health,Speed,cost to repair, Acceleration etc? id like to do some stats balancing xD
The ship system is very simple: all have the same speed and acceleration (only the top speed should be moderately easy to implement, acceleration would require a rewrite of the code), as for hit points: 5000 for the little longboat, 7000 for the medium one with yellow triangular sails, and 10000 for the big ship with the ramp.
Suspicous Pilgrim said:
Also, how do you become the lord of a faction and name it?
Another player in your faction needs to start a poll to elect you as lord, paying 500; if the poll is successful there will be a big notification, and you can select options from the faction admin menu, inside the escape menu; things like renaming and changing the banner cost money (500) to discourage changing too often, as it's hard on the server and can show glitches if the banner is changed too often.

Having played the mod for a couple of hours now I have to say it's a great mod with lots of potential, I had a lot of fun. :grin:

Some suggestions:

Implement ship building. (materials costing from 8-20k depending on the boat.)

Remove broken ships after a while (8-10 mins?)

Put Iron Bar and Long Iron Bar stock piles in all castle armouries.

Lower cost for doctors scalpel.

All castle gates/drawbridges needs to be able to be opened from outside by the people who belongs to its faction, sometimes the only ones inside leave by boat or quit while leaving the gate closed and it gets complicated to get in.

Boat ramming is awesome:
mb3.jpg
Keep up the good work Vornne!

Back
Top Bottom