Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started Skyrim again, and oh my it's beautiful. I`m gonna try adding some mods that enhance it further, and I hope my PC doesn't crash onto itself. Won't be able to properly play it until I get a new keyboard, which should be around Christmas.

Any ENB mod suggestions? I think my PC can handle the added weight.

The one I'm using is pretty nice. I just can't remember whether it was Realvision ENB or Truevision ENB. One of those used to be pretty popular in the nexus, but I thought it was a bit too colourful so I went for the other, which I thought was closer to the feel of Skerm. Just not as washed out. Here's some screenshots I've taken. No idea why I've neglected using AA and how come I haven't even noticed that until now.
V3threb.jpg

wLrkHY1.jpg

B3eX72I.jpg

OB6mScN.jpg

8HjFjWS.jpg

YSEEfni.jpg

Dont use any ENB mod myself. But man i just reinstalled Skyrim and added 130+ mods. Its so beautiful indeed.

Frostfall, Realistic Needs and Diseases, Expanded Towns and Cities, Hunterborn, Alternate Start, SkyRe, Skyrealism, Wet and Cold, Get Snowy, kuertee Professions, Enhanced Night Sky, Realistic Lightning overhaul, Climates of Tamriel, Convenient horses, these mods are a must for a full skyrim experience. With all of those i'd say its definitely at my top 3 games of all time.

Has anyone tried Perkus Maximus, the successor to T3nd0's Skyrim redone? How is it? What do you think of it and should I get it?

The only chance I'll ever get back to Skyrim is if I iron out every flaw in that game and/or make it resemble Skyrim as little as possible. At least when it comes to gameplay, meaning I am seeking a very thorough overhaul that touches upon absolutely everything.

I know a pursuit of something like that may be unrealistic, but something close to that is achievable but customizing Skyrim to your own liking. Honestly though I don't feel like spending days hunting down all the best mods, then seeing if they even work together properly...then getting addicted to the pursuit of polishing Skyrim even further with mods, leaving me with very little actual playtime. Legos all over again.

I've been relatively satisfied with Thendo's Skyrim redone, though there were non lore friendly things to be found in it, especially when it comes to the perk tree and several mechanics.

Requiem has done some things exceptionally well but it's perk tree was barebones after SKYRE and even more so after A.C.E., the mod I've found to be perfect. It's only flaw was that it did not really overhaul things other than the perk tree, and I was too lazy to change those things myself.

Any recommendations for me overall? D:

I'd like an overhaul that minimizes gameplay exploitation and gameplay annoyances first and foremost (less dragons, no potion spamming and no hoarding entire armories is paramount, as well as an overhaul of shopkeeper item lists) which is something Requirem has done well, but it has not really added a lot of content to the game which is something I wanted. A crafting overhaul is also really high on the things that are important to me (Thankfully a lot of mods quite successfully turn bare bones vanilla crafting into something wonderfully broad and fun to use)

Uh any recommendations will do! I promise to read your walls of text.

Nahkuri said:
The one I'm using is pretty nice. I just can't remember whether it was Realvision ENB or Truevision ENB. One of those used to be pretty popular in the nexus, but I thought it was a bit too colourful so I went for the other, which I thought was closer to the feel of Skerm. Just not as washed out. Here's some screenshots I've taken. No idea why I've neglected using AA and how come I haven't even noticed that until now.

*snippity

Truevision is the one I use as well, so far it's the best I saw.

Nice shots, by the way.

Anybody know a decent weapon replacement mod for Skyrim?
Something which replaces the atrocious weapons with something more realistic? Such as Jaysus swords or some others?

Thanks to the Credo mod I can at least enjoy decent armours.
I've been searching, but can't find one specific.

The search terms are so ridiculous. You can't find anything by the type of armour - such as "sallet" "bascinet" "kettle hat" "pixane" "coif"
You have to figure out what they'll be called in fantasy land - evil knight hat, pointy death bowl, disc of ultimate protection upon the skull cap, hood of undeath, hat of protective protection.
Or just search for "Witcher"

Tancred_de_Houdan said:
The search terms are so ridiculous. You can't find anything by the type of armour - such as "sallet" "bascinet" "kettle hat" "pixane" "coif"
You have to figure out what they'll be called in fantasy land - evil knight hat, pointy death bowl, disc of ultimate protection upon the skull cap, hood of undeath, hat of protective protection.
Or just search for "Witcher"

:lol: I'm having the same problem at the moment. Installed Skyrim two days ago and since then, I've been searching for 'de-fantasying' mods. Unfortunately, the Witcher ports are a bit too high/late medieval for my taste and doesn't really fit the Skyrim theme. I wish I found a Viking or Anglo-Saxon inspired armor and weapon replacer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom