WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is normal  if you have any ranged weapoin yourself you will notice you will have only like 2 or 3 shots yourself. I dont know if its bugg or intended like that but its been like that forever.

It is an anti-exploit feature, countering players strategy to field a majority of archers, shoot some defenders, retreat, and repeat the process. Field less archers as a proportion of the whole force and they will have all their arrows, not just one shot.

But it also punishes non-exploiters who just happen to have strong or numerous enough (order or non-order) archers to win the entire battle. What about setting a new party slot to 1 if you retreat from a siege in the mission instead? Check for this slot in menu options to fight/get involved in the siege, and only set it back to 0 when the siege's ended.

I agree. It does not make much sense intrinsically why suddenly all archers lost 90% of their ammunition. Instead I would advocate making the space in front of the walls more narrow and/or simply spawning the sallying defenders much closer to the attackers so as to render archers less effective in this situation and convey the authentic impression of a surprising sortie.

Near Laria, 5 Sarleon lords including the king are stuck in the bridge.  As a result, Sarleon is getting minced. I can't even interact with the characters on the bridge in any way.  Any way to fix without cheating/importing?

ru9mcz.jpg

So far, in every Fierdsvain city where I've tried to break a lord out of the dungeons, when I walk up to the prison guard and tell the usual "give me the keys to the cells-now!", the guards around the city start slaughtering the peasants.
It might also happen in other cities but I usually get into the dungeons so fast that they never had time to get to the peasants.
Oh and also, the peasants attack the guards as well but fists aren't very good against armour and axes.

Kushana said:
Near Laria, 5 Sarleon lords including the king are stuck in the bridge.  As a result, Sarleon is getting minced. I can't even interact with the characters on the bridge in any way.  Any way to fix without cheating/importing?

ru9mcz.jpg

Load warband with edit mode/cheats and teleport there, if you click on them there will be an option "unstuck from bridge". Or lure a jatu spawn on them :smile:

Xzayler said:
So far, in every Fierdsvain city where I've tried to break a lord out of the dungeons, when I walk up to the prison guard and tell the usual "give me the keys to the cells-now!", the guards around the city start slaughtering the peasants.
It might also happen in other cities but I usually get into the dungeons so fast that they never had time to get to the peasants.
Oh and also, the peasants attack the guards as well but fists aren't very good against armour and axes.

Its the thought that counts.

shoshuro said:
Kushana said:

ru9mcz.jpg

Load warband with edit mode/cheats and teleport there, if you click on them there will be an option "unstuck from bridge". Or lure a jatu spawn on them :smile:

That's nice but wouldn't that cause me to lose achievement bonuses? A little unfair considering I'm using the cheats only to fix an in game bug. From my understanding this bug can happen at any point in the game and at any place where there's a bridge, so there's a good chance I'll have to repeat the process. AI lord chases after some random unit that happens to be nearby a bridge, bam, pathing causes him to get stuck in the area. A quick fix I think would be to remove "teleport" from the list of cheats that brand you as a cheater, since in some cases, the need to use it is inevitable. Or add "unstuck" as a dialogue option every time there's a character passing a bridge. Right now I can talk to some of the lords if I keep moving back and forth to and fro the bridge and clicking on them frenetically, but I don't see an 'unstuck' option.

I also just lured a Jatu horde into them...but the problem is that the 5 Sarleon lords have an 800 strong band which they easily dispatched. Wish there was a heretic army nearby or two.

Never mind, fixed it. It's was actually right click + unstick from river. Now the Sarleon lords are free from their cursed bridge bondage!

Xzayler said:

This is just a symptom of the inherently de-humanized and broken power structure of Pendor. In taking authority away from the prison guard (symbol of power and oppression) you light the the spark of revolution that has been smoldering in the oppressed proletariats' hearts. Unfortunately without any organization and weaponry to battle the oppressor a spontaneous revolt as such is bound to end in slaughter.
For the People's Republic of Pendor!

Hi all,

My game is crashing to desktop every time I load my savegame.
If I load an older game first, and then subsequently load my savegame, it will sometimes work. But then I have this problem every time I want to load a game.

I think the crashing might have something to do with using fast speed (ctrl-Space) as the last time it crashed to desktop it happened while I Was using fast speed in-game.
I have an ATI video card using catalyst 13.9 drivers. I haven't had many crashing problems until now. I also noticed it was around day 500 when the crashing started.

Anyway here's the crash log:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: mb_warband.exe
  Application Version: 1.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp: 51edae0d
  Fault Module Name: mb_warband.exe
  Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 51edae0d
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 00199b7a
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Also I just noticed these error messages regarding script errors/invalid troopID:

/inb4noosers

According to the script error message, the game couldn't find any prisoner stack after the end of a battle to release even though there was supposed to be one. I think it has to do with the increased game speed messing with the execution of bunches of code running back-to-back with little to no intervals, because the game can only run so fast and has to skip some frames to give the illusion of running even "faster", like a camera capturing 12 frames a second as opposed to 24.

Dusk Voyager said:
/inb4noosers

According to the script error message, the game couldn't find any prisoner stack after the end of a battle to release even though there was supposed to be one. I think it has to do with the increased game speed messing with the execution of bunches of code running back-to-back with little to no intervals, because the game can only run so fast and has to skip some frames to give the illusion of running even "faster", like a camera capturing 12 frames a second as opposed to 24.

Well it looks like the problem is fixed now. I managed to resume my savegame and play for a few days without any fast-speed and now I can load the game properly. I guess it's best to avoid using fast-speed if you can?

Hi guys!

This question allready has been asked, but i never found the answer.

My PoP works great! Everything is fine except of one -IMPORTANT- thing...

The Cities, Factiotns and Characters wich are basing on Native Version still are named like in Native.

Screenshot:
pgyjdbmu40.jpg

I de- and reinstalled it. ANd like I said.. everything works great! Best Mod i know! I just want it in its complete beauty :wink:

Thanks for your helpfull answers soon :grin:

Change your language from German to English. Your English seems decent, so you should be fine.
Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar said:
TRY THESE FIXES BEFORE YOU POST!

[...]

If you are playing the game in a language other than English and getting Native names for towns, etc. and the Native map, switch your language to English.

[...]
PS. Not sure why translators always leave settlement names untouched. They translate everything else just fine, yet they're too lazy to copy stuff from the original parties file even though a lot of people give up because of that.

/inb4beingcalledanenabler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom