WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1: I noticed that enemies will parry with a weapon without performing the animation. You can parry/block, and swing at them, and the blocking sound will go off, your hit will do no damage, and they will continue their attack swing. This also happens with shields.

2: Archers in the arena can block with their daggers. The player can not.

Just happened four times in another arena fight.

Downward swing - parry sound plays and my blow is deflected without any blocking animation. In fact, the enemy was in the middle of a swing and finished his swing.

Was anyone else closeby?
MnB/WB has this nasty habit, especially in brawling melee´s, to confuse your desired target with the guy just standing closest to the weapon.

Which ends in pain for the player and a gazillion of failed swings and zero damage on anything, including the horse, because you connect immediately after you loosened the swing. (which is usually out of your field of sight as well)

So it could have been you were tapping something else or differently.

Apart from that, this arena behaviour looks like a native insect. You may want to look it up, especially since arena fights use the native scripts and routines.

KruniacZio said:
Just happened four times in another arena fight.

Downward swing - parry sound plays and my blow is deflected without any blocking animation. In fact, the enemy was in the middle of a swing and finished his swing.
I have never encountered that in all the time i've been playing M&B, it sounds weird, and annoying (could be that I have just forgotten about it, but I think I would have remembered something as annoying as this)

For chamber blocks the AI would have to swing after the player. However, here the player swung after the AI, so it is more likely that there was simply another NPC standing nearby that was falsely chosen as target for the attack by the engine.

Sometimes my troops which have already collected enough exp to level up ('+' next to their name) lose this upgrade-status again  :sad:

I have some 11 'seer favourite' in my party and 3 of them were ready to be upgraded to doomguides.
I wanted to wait a little bit longer because how training-skill works (the more units of a kind the quicker each individual levels up), but then after i dunno what they lost all surplus exp and hence cannot be leveled up any more.

Why??`Happend to some other troops before, but i dunno what triggers this bug

I remember having had this bug, too, at some time. It did not occur again after a few times, so I did not delve into its intricacies too much. I do remember, though, that it seemed to be somehow connected to hasty saving and loading. Probably the experience progress of regular troops is one of the last data stored in a save by the game, so if you interrupt it too quickly, this information would be lost, even though the save itself would not be completely corrupted.

Try using double saves or simply don't force the game to do something else right after saving.

I have a problem in PoP (3.6.11). There is a texture or something like that missing or corrupted. I haven't played PoP for some time but I had downloaded it and now days I want to play it again. I remember last time I also got this problem but then I thought that it could be due to my editing with item_kinds.txt but now as I have a new and fresh installation of PoP and then this is happening so it must be a bug.
Please check this screenshot
error.png

Best bet is to reinstall the PoP files back to where you have them installed. Backup the files you changed with your cheats so you don't lose that work.

There must be some texture that didn't get downloaded.

Try playing native. If it works. Then it's PoP. If native doesn't work. You should reinstall warband.

If you reinstall the PoP files and it doesn't work. I suggested redownloading the mod from the nexus and then doing what I stated before.

That should work.

MitchyMatt said:
Best bet is to reinstall the PoP files back to where you have them installed. Backup the files you changed with your cheats so you don't lose that work.

There must be some texture that didn't get downloaded.

Try playing native. If it works. Then it's PoP. If native doesn't work. You should reinstall warband.

If you reinstall the PoP files and it doesn't work. I suggested redownloading the mod from the nexus and then doing what I stated before.

That should work.
First of all thanks for the quick reply.
I have no problem with any other mod as well as native but PoP is doing this error. As I earlier told that it happened before so I check it by installing a new PoP.
I have the 3.5 installed and patched to 3.6.11 but due this problem I created a new folder PoP 3.6 and freshly extract the files from original download. But this error happen again. I also check and recheck it by cheatmenu Find Item and this error come in between 768-863 item list.
So kindly tell me the solution for it .

I think I found the error. There is some name mistake. I didn't check it but going to do it after posting this message.
Untitled-4.png

Edit: Checked it. It's not giving this error after changing the name.

So you probably don't have the latest patch since that was fixed in either 3.6 or 3.611, it was found relatively quickly after the patch and people either manually fixed it or it was fixed when they used the hotfix/ patch.

Weird MitchyMatt didn't remember that, but hey you can't remember everything that happened a year ago.

AnddyiRaynor said:
So you probably don't have the latest patch since that was fixed in either 3.6 or 3.611, it was found relatively quickly after the patch and people either manually fixed it or it was fixed when they used the hotfix/ patch.

Weird MitchyMatt didn't remember that, but hey you can't remember everything that happened a year ago.

I do have this patch but I don't know it was a bug for I patched PoP. :roll:
A strange thing I observed that when I check this file in the previous install, the name was wrong but with different spellings. Here in screenshot you can see it is an underscore (_) but in my previous install it was the tilde(`). Now what can I say about it.  :?:

Most likely the original item name contained the German word "grün". Now depending on which (non-German based) program may have emulated the data in the later course of development, uploading, virus checking, etc., it would have replaced the unknown umlaut with its default "something I could not read" sign, which may be different from program to program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom