The New Mercenary Faction: Simulate your own Faction (+Screenshots)

Users who are viewing this thread

Ulumutu

Recruit
The Mercenary Faction will be merged with tobmic's mod. That way you'll get 80+ new units in total, and still have your own Faction to conquer calradia.

Infos and download here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,106125.0.html

I dislike creating my own Kingdowm in Warband but still having to rely on Faction Troops to conquer Calradia. Thus I expanded the Mercenary Troop Tree to 20 Units (+ 1 for the Peasant Woman Troop Tree) so you can simulate having your very own Faction Troops. The existing Factions also get some new Units, so there are new Enemies to get killed by your army  :mrgreen:
All Troops should be fairly balanced and named in a way that fits in with the rest of the Native-Troops. Last Tier Mercenary Troops are all slightly better than last Tier Faction Troops but you need loads of XP to get to them.

Version 1.1:
- Added 2 units to the mercenary faction (Enforcer and Captain, both experts at capturing prisoners)
- Black Widow now is a Mounted Archer
- Vaegir Mounted Marksman now is an upgrade of the Vaegir Archer
- Switched names of Swadian Squire and Man at Arms

Download & Installation Instructions:
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1787

In case you want the Mercenary Units to spawn in greater Numbers in the Tavern try MageLords-Tweak:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1218086.html#msg1218086

Garisi said:
Just as an fyi, the tweak in the op can be used to spawn townsmen to recruit rather than the array of mercs currently on offer (change the blue sections to 360287970189639706 and 360287970189639707, respectively). Makes sense kind of, some guys are out of work, decide to become mercs, you take em on and train em and all that.

The New Mercenary Faction
Note: All Units have the Prefix "Mercenary". All Units marked with * * spawn in Taverns.
merctrooptree.jpg

Peasant Woman Troop Tree
From here on all new Units in Bold.

-->Sword Sister
...-->Camp Defender
                                -->Black Widow

Nords
                                  -->Warrior -->...
...-->Trained Footman
                                  -->Raider --> Veteran Raider

Rhodoks
                                    -->Veteran Spearman -->...
...-->Trained Spearman
                                    -->Cleaver Soldier --> Veteran Cleaver Soldier

Swadia
                    -->Man At Arms -->Squire -->...
...-->Footman
                                      -->Sergeant
                    -->Infantry
                                      -->Pikeman

Vaegir
                      -->Marksman
...-->Archer
                      -->Mounted Marksman

Khergit
                        -->Horseman -->...
...-->Skirmisher
                      -->Campguard --> Veteran Campguard

Sarranid
                    -->Guard
...-->Infantry
                    -->Tabardariyya

Screenshots
Mercenary Troops
mb30.jpg
mb31.jpg
mb29.jpg
mb14.jpg
mb11l.jpg
mb28f.jpg
mb21.jpg
mb22a.jpg
mb16.jpg
mb26.jpg
mb12j.jpg
mb20r.jpg
mb18.jpg
img5
mb25.jpg
mb13.jpg
mb23.jpg
mb24.jpg
mb17.jpg
mb27.jpg
mb33.jpg
mb34.jpg
mb35t.jpg

Faction Troops
mb9r.jpg
mb10a.jpg
mb4mn.jpg
mb3j.jpg
mb2i.jpg
mb1m.jpg
mb8.jpg
mb7i.jpg
mb6i.jpg
mb5.jpg

Thanks to Morgh for his M&B Warband TXT Tools
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,105928.0.html

CaseD said:
Knil said:
save game compatible?

"I reccomend starting a new Game, this mod might not work 100% with savegames."

I guess that's a no.

I did some further testing and didnt encounter any problems with savegames, so I reworded that on the repository site.
If you do find bugs or other problems with savegames please post here.

@Orrie Yes, seems like I posted in the wrong Forum. Would a moderator be so nice and move the Thread to the Caravanserai?

Maybe its just me, but some of the screenshots appear to be cut in half or half the screenshot is missing, etc.

But very very nice mod, im assuming the AI Lords recruit their respective faction's new units yes?

Screenshots show up fine on my end, most likely a problem with imageshack.

Yes, Lords/Castles/Towns will use the new faction troops. Nords seem to be very fond of the Raiders, must have missed their horsies  :grin:

Hm, in my opinion you should exchange Swadian Men-at-Arms with Squiers in leveling ladder, since most men-at-arms were just common soldiers, while squiers were mostly not knighted nobles. So logically they supposed to be better then commons (Just rename Man-at-Arms to Squire and vice versa).
Also, I think you should put Vaegir Mounted Marksmen after Vaegir Bowmen (since it's range branch, with some penalties to range attack comparing to usual Marksman to even the balance of having archer mounted) - so you'll have to choose either you want to have Mounted or Dismounted version of bowmen in the end (mobility compared to attack power).
And what about black widow? She has higher stats comparing to lack of heavy armor of sword sister I assume?
And everything else are just wonderful, methinks. =)

good work. Might i suggest the vetran clever has something more then sandles? look a bit silly with the mail. Apart from that it looks a really well done unit.

Thanks for your suggestions Nierra and dhowlett. The new Version 1.1 includes those changes and two new last tier infantry Mercenaries armed with blunt weapons, so you can capture some more prisoners. And the Black Widow now is a Mounted Archer. The Crossbow expert she was just didnt quite compare to the Sword Sister :wink:
Screens of the two new Units and the new Black Widow are at the end of the Mercenary Screenshot-Spoiler.

Sounds great!! I'm gonna give it a try! :smile:
I hope it gives the game a better balance.

Someday I'll get the time to do my own change to the troops trees.
I love M&B's gameplay and it could be even more fun if more balanced I'm sure.

Very nice.

Just as an fyi, the tweak in the op can be used to spawn townsmen to recruit rather than the array of mercs currently on offer (change the blue sections to 360287970189639706 and 360287970189639707, respectively). Makes sense kind of, some guys are out of work, decide to become mercs, you take em on and train em and all that.

Looovely work! But is there any chance of changing the shield of this troop? I hate how its bugged and wont display your own banner pattern ^_^
Dont remember its name but yeah, noticed that myself in my SP campaign, pissed me off after i spent half my money buying it XD

mb30.jpg

Garisi said:

Nice Find, this way it feels a little more like a real faction starting with real rubbish units  :smile:
Added it to the first post

@Baleur: Watchmen spawn with this ("Wooden Shield" I think) and the Old Round Shield, like the guy on the right in the screen. So ca. 50% will show your banner pattern on their shields.

Hmm, its not that shield i meant, i just noticed its red and black like some of the other normal shields.  :oops: I apologize XD
There is another shield with that default snot-green / black pattern (which is supposed to change to your own colors), which is bugged.

Garisi said:
Very nice.

My question is I do not see any blue sections, so where do I change this?
when it comes to changing mods of M&B it is quite confusing sometimes :oops:

Back
Top Bottom