The only 2 playable factions

Users who are viewing this thread

LDominating

Regular
The only playable factions right now are Sturgia and Aserai.
You simply can't play any other culture because of bad the snowball and comeback of factions are.
In my current Vlandia playthrough the next factions are near dead (less than 5 fiefs) Sturgia,N and S Empire and soon Aserai.
A.I is embarassing.

This is a FACT not an opinion that less factions in the game the less FUN!
Remove destruction of Kingdoms at 0 fiefs,players that were annoyed at raids and wanted this addition DO NOT state your opinion anymore,you don't play or understand the faults of this game.

IS IT THAT HARD TaleWorlds?!
To increase aggresivness towards factions that have conquered lots of fiefs?
Is it THAT hard to decrease aggresivness of factions that lost armies one after another?!
Is it THAT incredibly impossible to make A.I armies manage them? Release parties without troops and invite newly fully ones?!
So they don't walk with like 150 men for the entirety of the war?!

Fellas,is it dumb for A.I to only recruit T1 when there are like 6-8 T4-T5 there?
Because this is happening everywhere!
We need atleast an A.I cheat that lets Kingdoms recruit and maintain for less to free troops based on how many fiefs are missing!
Because the only reason S,N and Sturgia are alive because I donated over 2mil gold total to all of the clan leaders in those factions!

I dont think you understand that we who wanted the endless raids by the landless to stop - didnt want this implemenation that they gave us.
We wanted them to be vassals of other kingdomes when it broke up, like some of the mods do instead.

And no its not a fact thats your opinion, your subjective experience.

I think part of the problem with the recruitment you talk about is that some of the factions is "just too poor" (Sturgia and Battania, less so with Khuzait and or their t2 is mounted anyways more or less).

So the AI emphasis on volume of troops of they have less than 40% of ther max allowed troops(below 40% they cant be called into armies).
Thus they recruit 100 t1 troops instead of 35 t4 troops..

The end/late game of this is really not that great unless you use mods, that let you tweak all kinds of things.
The setting you talk about "kingdome destruction" can be flipped in the mod diplomacy, so it wont be destroyed when their last fief is done, but instead when the final war is over - meaning if they declare war on others or are declared war upon, they will keep on raiding until the dawn of a new era..

Given that most of the things you want more or less is done by modders already I would say its not "hard" but it may not be how TW wants the game to be.

I dont think you understand that we who wanted the endless raids by the landless to stop - didnt want this implemenation that they gave us.
We wanted them to be vassals of other kingdomes when it broke up, like some of the mods do instead.

And no its not a fact thats your opinion, your subjective experience.

I think part of the problem with the recruitment you talk about is that some of the factions is "just too poor" (Sturgia and Battania, less so with Khuzait and or their t2 is mounted anyways more or less).

So the AI emphasis on volume of troops of they have less than 40% of ther max allowed troops(below 40% they cant be called into armies).
Thus they recruit 100 t1 troops instead of 35 t4 troops..

The end/late game of this is really not that great unless you use mods, that let you tweak all kinds of things.
The setting you talk about "kingdome destruction" can be flipped in the mod diplomacy, so it wont be destroyed when their last fief is done, but instead when the final war is over - meaning if they declare war on others or are declared war upon, they will keep on raiding until the dawn of a new era..

Given that most of the things you want more or less is done by modders already I would say its not "hard" but it may not be how TW wants the game to be.
You're absolutely right,I didn't think of how the people that wanted endless raids to stop would have thought it'd be implemented.

I know MODS can fix...this mess,but everytime I install a mod I can have this game freaking implode with crashes because of the spaghettio code.
Still,I'm willing to give a shot,can you recommend some mods that aleviate Rebellions,Snowballing and increases comeback for losing factions?
I tried the Diplomacy mode once,but it's 1 mil numbers that leave kingdoms poor AF

You're absolutely right,I didn't think of how the people that wanted endless raids to stop would have thought it'd be implemented.

I know MODS can fix...this mess,but everytime I install a mod I can have this game freaking implode with crashes because of the spaghettio code.
Still,I'm willing to give a shot,can you recommend some mods that aleviate Rebellions,Snowballing and increases comeback for losing factions?
I tried the Diplomacy mode once,but it's 1 mil numbers that leave kingdoms poor AF

Diplomacy is good,as it gots tons of things you can tweak to your desire.

I also like this one https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/6039
And https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/3826

although I dont think you can or should mix all of them, but you can look into if they fit what you desire.

As for mods causeing crashes, typically that is when dependencies isnt met or its a mismatch, like you are useing 1.28, but the mod is for 1.27 or that they change the same thing so they are in direct conflict etc.

Vanillaplus is really good for "failing" kingdomes, where the rebels will be transformed to a mercenary clan after some time.
Most of the time they will join the faction that originally owned the town, then they become a merc, and loose the fief, and now its fully back in the hands of the original faction.

This can also lead to a ton of new merc factions on the map aswell, which can spice things up even more.

Merc clans can even become vassals, I've seen one of them "swear alligence" to a king and ended up haveing several fiefs.
Really spice things up imo.
Only thing that can be a huge turn-of is that captured lords have a highe chance of getting a "neckshave by an axe"..
Though this spice some things up aswell so.

I think the constant raids from Kingdoms that lost their fiefs is normal, and should still be there. You took their land, what do you want them to do, disappear? Would you just disappear if another Kingdom took your land? I do like the idea of them "joining" another Kingdom, only to leave later once they regain some power. That's what I would do.

You took their land, what do you want them to do, disappear?
Actually, when Britain was conquered by the Normans after the invasion, the Angles tribe never surrendered, all the lords survived and are still going around raiding random villages in the UK to this day.

Duh, everyone knows that.

Actually, when Britain was conquered by the Normans after the invasion, the Angles tribe never surrendered, all the lords survived and are still going around raiding random villages in the UK to this day.

Duh, everyone knows that.

Want me to tell you about these places called "Wales" "Ireland" and "Scotland" next to England, and how long their lords fought against the English whether or not they were subjugated for a lil' while, in some cases the fight lasting until 2005 in the modern UK?

Everyone should know that.

Want me to tell you about these places called "Wales" "Ireland" and "Scotland" next to England, and how long their lords fought against the English whether or not they were subjugated for a lil' while, in some cases the fight lasting until 2005 in the modern UK?

Everyone should know that.
Presumably they had these silly things like land, and an income.

We don't see Bruce walking around Scotland raiding Scottish villages forever despite controlling no fiefs that would actually allow him to survive, let alone garner a following.

I think the constant raids from Kingdoms that lost their fiefs is normal, and should still be there. You took their land, what do you want them to do, disappear? Would you just disappear if another Kingdom took your land? I do like the idea of them "joining" another Kingdom, only to leave later once they regain some power. That's what I would do.
read a bit of history mate

there are countries disappear from world map for years (100+), but nation survive with language and culture just because, so called 'lords', do not raid places they use to own... if it comes to rebel, how to you think, where those rebels came from? raided villages or those be loyal to kingdom with no land?

Presumably they had these silly things like land, and an income.

We don't see Bruce walking around Scotland raiding Scottish villages forever despite controlling no fiefs that would actually allow him to survive, let alone garner a following.

"Forever?" More like at most 5 years or so until the landless roaming bands of lord parties become spent in money, making them unable to even upkeep the base soldiers they respawn with, shrinking down to something like 20 soldiers per party, also losing enough influence to become incapable of forming armies -- as a result can't even raid a well-maintained village that's got over 50 militia.

People couldn't tolerate just 5 years or so, in a game that gives you something like average 40-year time span per a player character.

Sounds like a "they" problem, not a "game" problem.

there are countries disappear from world map for years (100+), but nation survive with language and culture just because, so called 'lords', do not raid places they use to own... if it comes to rebel, how to you think, where those rebels came from? raided villages or those be loyal to kingdom with no land?

Yeah, I suggest you do read up on some history, because its littered with instances of "freedom fighters" eventually starting to oppress, steal, raid their "own populace" when their resistance attempts eventually start to falter.

Ever heard of the Yellow Turbans?

I wouldn't mind factionless clans sticking around a bit longer (like an in-game year) and continue on raiding, but people pretending how it was actually fine before patch 1.2 are delusional. Yeah, clans without factions should be recruited easier (also add messengers to the game already ffs), and the wealthy ones should try to recapture fiefs to form their own kingdoms, act as bandits and/or mercenary minor factions where we can hire them. Poor clans should disappear after the time is up, they add little to no value anyways. But honestly the late game before 1.2 was just beyond terrible, and people asking it back are baffling to me.

Sorry, but I've never had any problems before 1.2, because I never expected all of them to curl up into a ball and instantly become peaceful roaming butterflies so you can go talk to them and pick up easily as new lords.

In every war of conquest, historically speaking, winning the war is only half the way. The hard part is always what comes after the war, in stabilizing the new territories, pacifying the people, and suppressing resistance. If you were ready for this, it was never too hard.

Like said above, it's at most maybe 5 years, in a strict policy of repression to regularly destroy the larger-sized parties, and NEVER just giving them tribute, so their coffers are finally exhausted. At which point, whether the supposed "war" keeps on going or not doesn't even matter, because they all shrivel into teeney weeney parties that get even smaller than most villager parties.

Bringing back immortal kingdoms from older versions of Bannerlord is the stupidest idea I've heard in a very long time. It's truly difficult to comprehend how could anybody consider that mechanic anything but a total disaster.

Good job, boys

Bad take after bad take... Once a kingdom no longer has fiefs they have no shot at gaining one again. Having them mindlessly raid is neither fun nor realistic. Civil wars and invasions would help keep the late game fresh. Wanting a lack of mechanics is a terrible take.

History? Of Bannerlord? Or are you bring real life into a game?

Once a kingdom no longer has fiefs they have no shot at gaining one again. Having them mindlessly raid is neither fun nor realistic.
This is very true. In my current playthrough, in the newest patch, I bought my first city from the sultan of the Aserai (only for 4 or 6 million... :eek: I expected more from previous playthroughs) and then took out his kingdom first. I have now conquered the entire map except for 1 Sturgian city, and all of the other kingdoms have ceased to exist except for the Aserai (I assume this is because the sultan still has a ton of $$$ in his coffers... :meh: that are being dragged behind a horse somewhere as he is fiefless). They have been doing the same old behavior from the last patch during this whole playthrough and it adds nothing.

I have literally just ignored them completely and it has made no difference. They burned some villages around my capital, Sanala, a couple of times... and... that is it :roll:. They could not so much as capture one of my lords even once over the span of 10 in-game years, let alone a fief. Their tiny little 20-member warbands could evade any of my lords that thought about chasing them, so they really are basically just advanced bandits that don't get called bandits. Please don't bring this back. It is still in the game more than I would like it to be.

If you want to make it possible that half (or more) of my Aserai lords want to revolt and work for him again, neat. That could make sense. Civil wars and claimants would be the ideal anti-snowball mechanic. But going backwards to bad mechanics is just a silly idea.

This is very true. In my current playthrough, in the newest patch, I bought my first city from the sultan of the Aserai (only for 4 or 6 million... :eek: I expected more from previous playthroughs) and then took out his kingdom first. I have now conquered the entire map except for 1 Sturgian city, and all of the other kingdoms have ceased to exist except for the Aserai (I assume this is because the sultan still has a ton of $$$ in his coffers... :meh: that are being dragged behind a horse somewhere as he is fiefless). They have been doing the same old behavior from the last patch during this whole playthrough and it adds nothing.

I have literally just ignored them completely and it has made no difference. They burned some villages around my capital, Sanala, a couple of times... and... that is it :roll:. They could not so much as capture one of my lords even once over the span of 10 in-game years, let alone a fief. Their tiny little 20-member warbands could evade any of my lords that thought about chasing them, so they really are basically just advanced bandits that don't get called bandits. Please don't bring this back. It is still in the game more than I would like it to be.

If you want to make it possible that half (or more) of my Aserai lords want to revolt and work for him again, neat. That could make sense. Civil wars and claimants would be the ideal anti-snowball mechanic. But going backwards to bad mechanics is just a silly idea.
+1

Back
Top Bottom