SP Fantasy Turmoil In the Province (v. 2.0 released for 1.011)

Users who are viewing this thread

Turmoil In the Province

You arrive at Kafkan, one of many provinces in a country currently at war. The war began long ago and takes place far across the borders. As time passed and the enemy marched
closer, taxes were increased to support the army and all men fit to be soldiers were drafted; depleting the town militias of Kafkan to a mere minimum.

With money being scarce the salesmen became corrupted making money under the table. The farmers could no longer sell their goods and had to make horrid deals with the
merchants, creating bitterness between the two guilds.

The people of the woods were quick to see that nothing could be obtained in towns and secluded to the forests where they could survive in peace; further increasing the agony of
farmers and merchants having even fewer buyers. In this turmoil eyes were directed at those with money: first of all the Church with its abundance of accumulated wealth.
The clergymen had to flee the towns and settled in the uninhabited cold regions of the North where they studied the art of combat with same eagerness as the holy scriptures.

Another group of wealthy people were the blacksmiths and welders, profiting from the war, making nothing but weapons for the army at high prices, stirring envy among the other
guilds. When turmoil broke out they supported the town militias in a feeble attempt to keep order but in the end they were too weak. The town militias – drained for skilled warriors
– and the blacksmiths – although strong but unfamiliar with warfare – were quickly outnumbered and beaten.

The armories were emptied for the little there was left and with those few weapons and their working tools the people of Kafkan were at each other's throats for control of the province...

DOWNLOAD:
                                                                                                                      v. 2.0
                                                                      https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=1&id=1086

With my feeble modding skills I've created a mod exactly how I like it; so I don't expect many others to do the same :smile:
There are no new items or fancy features; so for those still interested, here's the deal:

Features:
1. New factions
2. New troop trees (incl. bandits and female troop tree)
3. Map slightly changed (see screenshots below)
4. Scenes edited to some extend - especially arenas, they were too boring  :smile:
5. Colorful Textures added (courtesy of WestNordOst)
6. New Animations from Ryuzaki's animation mini mod.
7. New background story - and Dialogue for trainer, traveler, claimants, 7 NPC companions and much more minor stuff...
8. Notice: an original optional soundtrack is up for download, called Ambient-Anti-Soundtrack:
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=10&id=1085
9. Minimalist HUD - borderless healthbar, smaller crosshairs and only critical shield - by Moss

Tweaks by TheMageLord:
- Tavernkeepers buy prisoners
- The amount you get for prisoners vary based upon the level of the prisoner
- Own equipment during fights when being recognized trying to enter hostile towns
- Siege towers are now built twice as fast

General Description:
Let's face it: Native Calradia is just a little measly spot of land where 5 cultures are fighting relatively small battles in backyards - declaring  war and peace as I change underwear. It's ridiculous.
Instead this mod is situated in the Province of Kafkan where a sort of unorganized civil war – turmoil – has broken out between civilians/workers who are fighting eachother.
As a result only simple armour is available and the only weapons are those resembling working tools and a few swords and shields looted from the armory when turmoil broke out.
There are only saddle horses and sumpters - and hunting bows and throwing knives/daggers are the only ranged weapons (but more powerful now that armour is weak).
And expect opponents to be a little quicker, both on their feet and wielding their weapons.

Gameplay videos:
Indoor Arena:
http://www.4shared.com/file/82773263/64c7e9fd/mountblade_445.html
Metal Men vs. Clergymen (siege):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOV-dOZPCzc
Mount&Blade Battle Turmoil in the Province by LoboRundas:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoH76KtXglg

Factions: (screenshots in spoilers)

Metal Men:

Lead by Chief Vulcan,
Claimant: Rust Wielder - A new dawn is breaking over the mountains - and it shines like sparks from the crucible...

Troop tree:
Striker Apprentice > Striker  > Blacksmith              > Experienced Blacksmith > Tough Blacksmith
                          > Welder > Experienced Welder  > Strong Welder              > Fierce Welder

Farmers:
Lead by Ripe Fielding
Claimant: Hardworking Holister - Let the revolution begin, so that the farmers can once again work peacefully in the fields of Kafkan...

Troop Tree:
Peasant > Farmer > Freeman > Skilled Freeman            > Hardened Freeman > Veteran Freeman
                          > Cottar    > Weather Beaten Cottar  > Hardened Cottar

Clergymen:
Lead by Father Truewill
Claimant: Friar Strongwill - to restore the power of the Church and bring faith to this godforsaken province of atheists...

Troop Tree:
Lay Brother > Devoted Lay Brother > Friar > Experienced Friar              > Hardened Friar
                                                            > Priest > Experienced Priest > Veteran Priest
                                                                        > Monk                    > Disillusioned Monk

Woodsmen:
Lead by Wild Floret
Claimant: Woodsman Orering - We must leave the forest and introduce our enemies to sharpened axes with one purpose only: cutting down resistance!

Troop Tree:
Lumberjack > Hardened Lumberjack > Inexperienced Forester > Forester
                                                    > Deer Hunter                > Boar Hunter

Money Men:

Lead by High Merchant Diniar
Claimant: Lady Liren the Moneyspender - When the merchants control the province, I can once again stroll the markets of our fair towns and buy clothes suitable for a lady...

Troop Tree:
Dealer > Bargainer > Merchant    > Experienced Merchant > Cunning Merchant
                          \                    > Jack of All Trades        > Cunning Jack of All Trades
                            > Tradesman > Journeyman                > Veteran Journeyman

Female Troop Tree:
Peasant Woman > Wise Woman > Witch > Sorceress > Enchanting Sorceress
Hex                  /

Mercenary Troop Tree:
Farmer      > Artisan > Caravan Guard > Hangman > Executioner
Townsman /        \                              > Tracker    > Pathfinder           
                          \
                              > Mercenary Huntsman

Bandits:
1. Wandering Beggars
2. Thugs
3. Thieves
4. Robbers
5. Broken Militia
6. Outcasts
7. Highwaymen

Map:

As said slight changes, where snow is now actually to the north. The formerly Rhodok area is steppe and formerly Khergit area is forest.
Buildings have been moved and everything has faction specific names as well as new colours.

Soundtrack:
A new soundtrack based on the factions (as in native). Let me first say I'm a horribly bad composer and have limited myself to what I can do.
The general idea is to remove the constant music and introduce short tunes with pauses. The key features are:
- short distinct tunes for each faction
- soundeffects
- silence

Let us take a few examples. Press the link and then the little 'play' button. You do not have to download.
Notice that that the tracks are only about 30 sec. Silence and many soundeffects have been removed for the purpose. First off:
Turmoil In the Province Title Screen:
http://www.4shared.com/file/78712957/e7e4ee1/turmoil_in_the_province_title_screen.html
Travel Metal Men:
http://www.4shared.com/file/78935070/70e088e6/travel_metal_men.html
Lords Hall Farmers. Countryside, working the fields, sheep:
http://www.4shared.com/file/78713071/6246d5bc/lords_hall_farmers.html
Killed By Woodsmen. Sad flute tune with howling wolves in the back:
http://www.4shared.com/file/78713154/21d82986/killed_by_woodsmen.html
Travel Money Men. The sound of a cart/wooden wheels.
http://www.4shared.com/file/78932505/d4d710fc/travel_money_men.html

Help:
It's not that I don't want help, but I probably wouldn't know what to do with it. For instance I don't know how to add new items and such. I really suck at this, mkay.
But if you have some ideas that could be easily done, I'm all ears, like simple tweaks, scene editing, different names, historical accuracy etc.

Credits:
Armagan and Co. for making it all happen.
WestNordOst, for colorful textures.
Ryuzaki, for his animation mini mod.
TheMageLord for tweaks.
HokieBT for the Troop Editor.
(David) Jordan for the Item Editor.
Thorgrim for the Map Editor
Moss for minimalist HUD

Known issues/bugs:
1. Text at beginning can have a strange layout depending on the text size used.
2. Heraldry is left untouched and doesn't fit the theme. I hope to narrow it down to only 5 banners per faction.
3. Some tree textures look strange (no idea why).
4. Sometimes battlefield ground texture might be inconsistent with the one on the overland map (like turf on battlefield - but snow on overland map).
5. Perhaps still some dialogue referring to native. Please report if you find any.
6. Player retirement is left untouched (not many use that anyway).
7. Balancing? Well, probably the most difficult part to test properly.
Farmers are meant to be the underdogs and have the least amount of properties. If you want a challenge then join the Farmers.

Changes in version 2.0:
18-02-09:
1. Small changes in scenes.
2. Claimant quest dialogue corrected - and many other minor dialogues.
3. Added tweak: Make the amount you get for prisoners vary based upon the level of the prisoner (by TheMageLord).
4. Added tweak: Own equipment during fights when being recognized trying to enter hostile towns (by TheMageLord).
5. Added tweak: Get 4500 denars for being denied ownership of castle (instead of 900).
6. Added tweak: Siege towers are now built twice as fast (by TheMageLord).
7. Minimalist HUD - borderless healthbar, smaller crosshairs and only critical shield - by Moss
8. Broken Militia added as bandit group
9. Balancing of factions, items, prices etc. (not a whole lot; it was fine already)

I like it a lot, especially your screenshots.  :smile: My favorite faction is "Metal Men".
Could I help with scripting?

Since he says he can't access the module system, I think she is enchanted in name only.  There might be some dialogue suggesting that she is a whore, though.

Yeah, enchanting sorceress is simply because historically women could be dangerous in two ways:
by seducing and doing magic. There will be no magic in the mod as there's no magic in reality  :smile:

Enchanting Sorceress

It would only matter if he included a banging mini-game.  But GTASA got a AO rating for that, so we can't.  Therefor Enchanting Sorceress is just another barbie doll with a stick.  A staff.

I gave her 8 in athletics, so I expect her to be limber - and she has a pole - that enchants me  :smile:

Anyway, progress report:

- Currently working a little more on the soundtrack. 18 tracks made - out of 62. So there's still some work ahead  :???:
But luckily most of it is silence  :smile:
- Doing some dialogue for the claimants...
- Editing a few scenes, like this Metal Men village:
(Used to be wooden buildings with a mill. Now it's more of a fortified village  :smile: )

I don't even know - It's a pole with a chandelier or something. It just looked funny
The theme for Metal Men is metal, fire, stone, ovens, spikes etc. so it fitted in  :smile:

But notice how unoriginal I am. I better shape up  :smile:

:shock:

Adorno, you're no doubt a fast learner.

Congrats on your mod, I'll give it a try as soon as I finish playing Custom Settlements and PoP and... Oh, so many mods, so little time...  :smile:

Fan-freaking-tastic. Perfect setting for the mod - I know already that I'm a forester at heart.

So, as you've done for my mods on many an occasion, I wish you good luck.

Back
Top Bottom