In Progress Vassals have more kingdom decision power than ruler

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
So i did the main questline making my own imperial faction, I get to the point where 3 factions declare war on me automatically. For some reason my imperial vassals didn't think that was enough war so they went ahead and voted to declare war on the remaining factions. It costs me 1000+ influence to veto each, and they seem to be able to keep bringing up these votes. This wouldn't be so bad but said lords pretty much just form their own armies and run in a circle until it loses cohesion, so i'm effectively soloing the entire world with whatever vassals are available. I managed to deal with the 3 factions in the main questline, but the kuzhaits got hold of most of my fiefs, one of which had a garrison of 800. I take it back and I'm not one of the 3 choices. what's worse is it costed me a tonne of influjence anyway.

this seems completely ridiculous, my vassals shouldn't have enough influence to declare 3 wars in a row, constantly be forming armies, and voting eachother to get all the fiefs, they should lose influence when their stuff gets captured

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:

C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier.
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:

C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier.
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
I uploaded a save file that I think is at the start of the issue, although the issue itself happened over the course of hours because I kept playing until i realised this session wasn't "winnable" unless I started murdering hundreds of enemy lords

I decided to "create my own imperial faction". as I was about to successfully complete the "unify the empire" quest one of my vassals decided to declare war with sturgia. It would cost me 1000 influence to veto and I figured I was almost done. Then the quest completion causes aserai, vlandia, and battania to declare war on me. I start to get worried but I manage to sneak into aserai and recruit most of their vassals by paying a bunch of money. this causes the aserai to ask for peace very quick. then simultaneously my vassals declare war on the khuzaits, north and south empire in a very short time while I'm still over in battania trying to deal with them. by the time i dealt with battania the kuzaits took all my imperial settlements, and my main settlement rebelled because i was too busy to do that repetitive quest line. I'm left with no fiefs and about 25 clans in my kingdom. I go to take back epocritea (my first settlement) and I'm not even one of the 3 choices to get it anymore, I spent a lot of time building all the improvements.

there's 3 things about this that seem unintended:
-the vassals don't seem to account for the 3 factions auto-declaring war with you so they declare wars on all fronts, and they seem so cock-sure about it that 20 of them will vote "hell yeah war on 5 fronts YOLO"
-the vassals have too much influence to spend, I feel like I'm seeing them constantly abandon sieges, fail to protect their own fiefs, etc and they can just keep voting to make more stupid decisions, as well as constantly grabbing the strongest lords for their armies so I have to get a handful of women
-the new conspiracy quests happen too frequently and probably shouldn't continue to happen after the empire is unified. when i'm constantly in an army trying to deal with 3 factions attacking me I can't go chasing bandits

What did you write on the description box? I was not able to find it with the URL or your username.
I linked this thread, it was just named save_2 or something though
Actually, this seems to be the same issue that I posted before.
Influence cost for veto is about 3-5x more than the combined voting cost for vassals, which makes the ruler unable to resist them without bankrupting himself.
that looks like the main problem actually. I had 1500 influence when i started recruiting clans, right before I got the "unite empire" quest completed a vassal voted to declare a war so i vetoed it thinking i need to strengthen my core after all this. the quest completion triggers a quest where 3 non-imperials declare war. so i sneak into aserai and recruit half of them before they can do anything. i get that done, as im heading to vlandia someone declares war against sturgia, i dont have enough influence to veto, i'm getting annoyed because i see the "lord ******* has formed an army" message every 2 minutes but i'm still losing settlements. so i get half the battanian lords on my side and they vote to declare war with khuzaits. I'm pissed off at this point and decide everyone is getting their head chopped off. but as im dealing with the western front the khuzaits manage to steal siege 12 settlements.

so there's a lot of game flaws in there, but most would be avoided if i had the veto power i was supposed to

Last edited:
So i did the main questline making my own imperial faction, I get to the point where 3 factions declare war on me automatically. For some reason my imperial vassals didn't think that was enough war so they went ahead and voted to declare war on the remaining factions. It costs me 1000+ influence to veto each, and they seem to be able to keep bringing up these votes. This wouldn't be so bad but said lords pretty much just form their own armies and run in a circle until it loses cohesion, so i'm effectively soloing the entire world with whatever vassals are available. I managed to deal with the 3 factions in the main questline, but the kuzhaits got hold of most of my fiefs, one of which had a garrison of 800. I take it back and I'm not one of the 3 choices. what's worse is it costed me a tonne of influjence anyway.

this seems completely ridiculous, my vassals shouldn't have enough influence to declare 3 wars in a row, constantly be forming armies, and voting eachother to get all the fiefs, they should lose influence when their stuff gets captured
Thats cheap in my last play though on Youtube I had so many clans it cost me 2500 to veto, I've already suggested it be reduced but once again my ideas fall on deaf ears

Back
Top Bottom