Useful Start up help for Mount and Blade with fire and sword

Users who are viewing this thread

Bulierpower1

Recruit
Hey Guys,
So when you start the game you have the options menu, like in Warband. When you first select the difficulty, you then go to gender, don't continue if you want to start with better skills. You can click back, then the chosen difficulty, then back, etc, etc, etc. Then when you go through when you think you have enough skills, you can press [tab] to skip the tutorial. Then when you start real gameplay, you will have the first quest of talking to Zamoyshe, I think. The best quests to do for them are the bandits and goods. Requesting for lower taxes on the villagers' behalf seems to lower relationship value with their lord. What you can do after those two quests is go to any tavern to recruit, preferably cavalry troops. Tip: these will not impact your map speed negatively. Then for a day or two, in game, hunt bandits for some renown. More of this helps in the long run. After that's over, you need to start trading, I found that Sich has lower prices and can sell goods for a higher price at nearby cities. You will need to, first, talk to the City Mayor, then ask about trading, next say you'd like to send a caravan. The rest is based on your choice. Lower priced goods will fetch a lower profit but you will need to start small. This, if played right, can bring in a lot of profit as you continue.
Also recommended is to personally accompany this convoy you sent, if you have a large force with you, as you will also need plenty of men and enough speed to stay with your caravan and to defend it if necessary. This will aid in your profits. You will pay less for guards and that will raise your profits by that much more. I would suggest that you hire four to six men to the convoy, then right click on the convoy, which is in blue, and click accompany, to follow it. You should make sure to remember how much you spent on the convoy, this will help when figuring if you made a profit or not. After you have funds, renown, and honor, you can begin to start on your military control and influence. I began with the tip from earlier, where you can get more skills from clicking back on the gender choices when first starting the game. This gave me decent combat abilities, leadership abilities, and engineering abilities. (They may be different for your skills and preferences). Next, focus on expanding your kingdom. I started with Smolensk, this city had 5-6 towns that went with it. I took a 167 man garrison with 192 men(mostly cavalry on foot), I lost 32 and killed 63. This will definitely vary, as every game is different. I then spent 20,000 of my 30,000 thalers on building things up militarily. This is also for the long run.
After that, a recommended strategy is to slowly build and expand, start with the faction you took the city from first. This is not a hard fast strategy, but it is a very good place to start. If you make a tweak to better suit your preference, then more power to you. This was to give new players a better idea of where to start. Have an amazing gaming experience.

Back
Top Bottom